All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Finding stuff....

Go down 
+2
Chunk
dangeroustoys56
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 7:32 pm

the other day i was out tinkering in the shed- finished wiring it for electric- and i tried for an hour to look for a belt retainer plate for my 97 mastercut - just to get it out of the shed so i can start my mod projects- i KNOW i have like at least 3-4 of them- can i find one? No such luck. I think i found one off my RER murray- where the crank passes thru is offest too far to the one side - unbelieveable.

Ill haveta tear the parts shed apart to find one.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2010, 10:09 am

Im forever loosing stuff too. I know I have it, but finding it is a totally different story!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 4:21 pm

This happends to me alot. I'll be working on something, then think of a piece of steel that I know I have in my scrap pile. I know its there because ive been looking at it for years. But when I try to find it, i usally have to go through the whole pile before I find it....

....If I find it...

....Then it dosen't work anyway...

another hour of my life gone pale
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 5:48 pm

I REALLY do need to clean up my parts storage shed and get it better organized- i cant remember whats even in there anymore. After i tore my original metal shed down to make way for my new one, i pretty much threw everything in there.

I know i have a complete set of deck brackets for a murray as well - i want to mount a MTD deck on my 17HP opposed murray hydro and start mowing with it ( after i rebuild the MTD deck).
Back to top Go down

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2010, 11:34 pm

I seem to always loose the tools i'm using, i set one down and pick up another then set it down to go get the last one then i can't find it. scratch
Any one else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 3:37 am

Yeah i do that- wife says i have CRS sometimes - like use a hammer, sit it down and a minute later im like " where the #@*# did i set the thing? "

I think its because we're preoccupied with projects instead of minor details like where we just sat something.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 4:19 am

Yeah, Im the same. Its so damned annoying! It could only be 30seconds and I'll loose somethng for half an hour scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 1:48 pm

Chunk wrote:
Yeah, Im the same. Its so damned annoying! It could only be 30seconds and I'll loose somethng for half an hour scratch

Ok great glade it wasn't just me! Razz
Back to top Go down

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 5:42 pm

lol YEH i did that today i was raking up leaves then putting them in a bucket then taking the bucket to a big heap of stuff and dump it and go back, i leaned the rake against the side of the sticks and came back after tea and was walking around there for ages "WTH i'm sure i left it here!" and i must have walked past it like ten times before i stopped, turned round and felt very....very....VERY stupid!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 4:20 pm

Had a pretty good score today - we went to a large local flea market earlier- i was looking around and found two golf kart rims/tires for $20 - which is practically the same as i paid for two of the four i originally bot years ago. I looked around for a couple more, but couldnt find any. ill just have to be patient and wait for two more to pop up, then can have 2 sets of wheels for my wheelhorse- one slicks and one turf.

Also scored a small diecast JD lawntractor and a few diecast car ornaments.

Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:24 pm

o god i am so disorganized, and then i clean up everything and have no idea where everything is, also i can set down a tool, pick up a wrench put half a turn on it and go to grab the other tool again and be like where the hell did it go i just put it there, and turns out i put it like 5 feet away in plain view. also ill do the same and know i have parts or pieces of steel and wont be able to find them for hours and realize its right next to me or something i hate it
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 6:41 pm

i usually see somthing in my shed and think i better move that before i need the space on the work bench and i lose that part, so i put it somewhere i cant possibly lose it then...i can neever find it lol i did it a few weeks ago with a small drill adapter that lets me put a 1/4 inch socket on my drill for self tapping screws and i only have the one adapter, i was in and out of the shed and my house like 10 times before i realized i put it in a container on the shelf right infront of my face lol
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2011, 8:49 pm

I do that kind stuff all the time and I hate it. One thing I do alot is I'll drop something in a perfectly uncluttered clean work space an it takes me atleast ten minutes to find. Then when I do find it it is always right where I had looked like 5 times already. Lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2011, 3:46 am

I started to clean my shed about a week ago- too much stuff and have a hard time wondering where to start.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding stuff.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding stuff....   Finding stuff.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding stuff....
Page 1 of 1