All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Help finding junk/salvage yards?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

Help finding junk/salvage yards? Empty
PostSubject: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 7:39 pm

I'm not sure if this is in the right section... I think so... But whatever.. Does anyone know of a tractor junkyard/salvage yard located in northern Illinois by Chicago / Auora / Joliet / Naperville / Westmont /Rockford areas? I have looked anywhere and haven't found any. And wondering if anyone knows of one?
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 8:34 pm

I have looked and looked in the past too. I have yet to find ANY. Only place I know of is victory auto wreckers but they have cars only. I've heard of a place up in woodstock that is a junk yard that has all kinds of crazy stuff but i've only driven past it never stopped. You have to be 16 or 18 to enter most of the yards anyways w/o a parent
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 8:41 pm

Yeah I know that about age... And I know where Woodstock is... I kinda want to go there now... But I'm not 18... But I look somewhat like a 18 year old... Maybe I'll see if I can go there one day with my dad... But thanks for telling home that! Maybe I'll make a visit there one day when I'm 18
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 8:47 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
Yeah I know that about age... And I know where Woodstock is... I kinda want to go there now... But I'm not 18...  But I look somewhat like a 18 year old... Maybe I'll see if I can go there one day with my dad... But thanks for telling home that! Maybe I'll make a visit there one day when I'm 18

I am 15 and I go to Victory auto wreckers all the time, Throw on a pair of work boots and a orange vest and they don't look twice. I know of quite a few scrap yards one being up 5 minutes from 6 flags but they refuse to sell anything. The one in my town is small and never gets much in scrap anyways. Check craigslist under the free section. Once in awhile people will post a tractor for free because something is wrong with it or they have a new one. I've never grabbed one yet tho.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 9:11 pm

Yeah I check everywhere on craigslist about every night or so... Just to see if there is a cheap tractor or free tractor/ parts... Cause I'm interested in getting one... Just they r so pricey... Or so far away in Wisconsin or Indiana or so
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 9:12 pm

moved to off topic- 10/14
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 9:15 pm

willis923 wrote:
moved to off topic- 10/14
okie dokie... Sorry for posting it in the wrong spot
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 9:44 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
Yeah I check everywhere on craigslist about every night or so... Just to see if there is a cheap tractor or free tractor/ parts... Cause I'm interested in getting one... Just they r so pricey... Or so far away in Wisconsin or Indiana or so

The cheap ones go SO FAST!!

Somebody was selling a 1989 MTD riding mower out in lake villa IL for $50 because it had a blown engine. I have a 14hp engine laying around and the ad was up for about 3 hours and he had sold it..
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2014, 10:04 pm

Yeah I saw that on craigslist... I was thinking about it since i was only an hour away... But an hour away is 50 or so miles... And when you have any truck that goes 30 miles and burns 1/4 a tank of gas... It kinda sucks...
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 7:08 pm

Look for scrapyards, salvage yards, U-Pull yards and recycling yards. All of them accept metal, and may have mowers. I go to a scrapyard/ U-Pull and they have a soit dedicated to just mowers, motorcycles, atvs, snowmobiles and forklifts.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 9:38 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Look for scrapyards, salvage yards, U-Pull yards and recycling yards. All of them accept metal, and may have mowers. I go to a scrapyard/ U-Pull and they have a soit dedicated to just mowers, motorcycles, atvs, snowmobiles and forklifts.
ok I will look for them... Thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
ThatOneTeen
ThatOneTeen

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 9:41 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:

Google'd a few, There are 3 or 4 in illinois near chicago / joilet
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 9:52 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:

No problem. Finding the U-Pull was the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2014, 11:25 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:

No problem. Finding the U-Pull was the best and worst thing to ever happen to me.
lol!... If I may ask why the best and worst?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2014, 4:55 pm

Because parts and because parts cost money lol.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2014, 4:56 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Because parts and because parts cost money lol.
haha true that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help finding junk/salvage yards?   Help finding junk/salvage yards? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help finding junk/salvage yards?
Page 1 of 1