All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

 

 need help lifting mower

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MowBandit
Member
MowBandit
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-03-16
Points : 4527
Posts : 477
Location : Haddock,Georgia

need help lifting mower  Empty
PostSubject: need help lifting mower    need help lifting mower  Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 3:18 am

well after sarge gets his new heart i planned on doing a 5" to 6"lift but what i was wonderin is how would i do the rear transaxle lift do i try to have the input shaft extended i was hopping to get a 8" 5/8inch keyed shaft and a 1" long shaft coupler and connect them to gether and install a pillow block on e top of the pully an as close to the base of the shaft collar but i cant find a 5/8inch bore shaft coupler thats 1" long Sad im really stuck here i dont want to weld anything on my transaxle like what should i do im on a super tight budget here sarge has been lift 1 1/2" aleady i just lowered the transaxle mounts and slide the pully up and put a new key in it but i cant move the pully any higher with out it falling off the input shaft btw the pully is a 3" the front is gonna be a 4 1/2 or a 5" please im out of ideas here and sorr if this is the wrong place to post this i thought i should post it hre because it is tansaxle related
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2012-12-24
Points : 7547
Posts : 3035
Location : Lebanon County, PA

need help lifting mower  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help lifting mower    need help lifting mower  Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 2:08 pm

Check out fireman's build. He used a coupler for his. You just need to look harder.

Im sure you can just buy 2 of the hubs for those weld-it-yourself pulleys and weld them together to make it longer.


Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_


Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive




Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Member
MowBandit
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-03-16
Points : 4527
Posts : 477
Location : Haddock,Georgia

need help lifting mower  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help lifting mower    need help lifting mower  Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 10:33 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Check out fireman's build. He used a coupler for his. You just need to look harder.

Im sure you can just buy 2 of the hubs for those weld-it-yourself pulleys and weld them together to make it longer.
ya i seen his build i didnt know what he used i thought he just used a shaft collar well thanks for the help Smile
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2012-12-24
Points : 7547
Posts : 3035
Location : Lebanon County, PA

need help lifting mower  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help lifting mower    need help lifting mower  Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 10:56 pm

Welding 2 of those hubs together with the keyway lined up would work fine. As for a support for the extension, a pillow block will work.

Just copy what fireman did basically.


Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_


Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive




Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Member
MowBandit
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-03-16
Points : 4527
Posts : 477
Location : Haddock,Georgia

need help lifting mower  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help lifting mower    need help lifting mower  Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 11:04 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Welding 2 of those hubs together with the keyway lined up would work fine. As for a support for the extension, a pillow block will work.

Just copy what fireman did basically.
thats what ima do it will be really easy plus i have lots of time on my hands oh and this was on my mind my great grand father when he was alive i was only 11 but his mower had a gear pattern like this 1_3_ no high and low
2 4 R
but it just came to mind because he was out there one day and he would shift it like a car it was funny i think the top speed was 25mph but 2nd gear was messed up so when he had to shift into 2nd it wold grind but 3rd and 4th worked fine and it made me wonder if there was any transmissons for a mower that shifted like that and looked close to a pearless 700 series
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Join date : 2013-01-28
Points : 4715
Posts : 599

need help lifting mower  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help lifting mower    need help lifting mower  Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 9:39 am

Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Join date : 2012-12-21
Points : 6321
Posts : 2101
Location : Norway, Europe

need help lifting mower  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help lifting mower    need help lifting mower  Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2013, 9:50 am

Jay_Rod wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:
Welding 2 of those hubs together with the keyway lined up would work fine. As for a support for the extension, a pillow block will work.

Just copy what fireman did basically.
thats what ima do it will be really easy plus i have lots of time on my hands oh and this was on my mind my great grand father when he was alive i was only 11 but his mower had a gear pattern like this 1_3_ no high and low
2 4 R
but it just came to mind because he was out there one day and he would shift it like a car it was funny i think the top speed was 25mph but 2nd gear was messed up so when he had to shift into 2nd it wold grind but 3rd and 4th worked fine and it made me wonder if there was any transmissons for a mower that shifted like that and looked close to a pearless 700 series

My JD is like that

4-N-3
2-N-1

But with some imagination you can make the gears go how you like them too with a guide plate and a hinge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





need help lifting mower  Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help lifting mower    need help lifting mower  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
need help lifting mower
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Mudding Craftsman
» lifting the beast
» lifting the GT6000 (no welds)
» "lifting" a tractor with a 633a trans
» BUILDING THE MOWER - DAYS OF THUNDER RACE MOWER

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Technical Forum :: Drivetrain & Brake Tech :: Transaxles and Transmissions-
Jump to: