All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST

Go down 
+6
redlinemotorsportts
Jerbear0612
TroyBilt Pony
crazykid1994
Kody6
k2500life
10 posters
AuthorMessage
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Empty
PostSubject: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 pm

I think we should have a tractor of the month contest "TOTMC" for different category's of tractors each month I think it'd be pretty cool. What do y'all think about the idea?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
Kody6
Kody6

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:28 pm

I think it's a good idea
Back to top Go down
crazykid1994
Established Member
crazykid1994
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:50 pm

i like it
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:45 pm

TBP approves this message.
Back to top Go down
Jerbear0612
Jerbear0612

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Sounds like a good idea
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:08 pm

https://www.atltf.com/t2027-voted-best-tractor-competition take a look. I thought of it too at one point, just not within the month.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 am

If you REALLY wan to, (make this whole sha-bang) when you make a new topic for (example) "August tractor of the month" you'd most likely list the names of the nominee's in the white box (message body) like I am now and then underneath all this Is a "options" and "poll".

Nominations. The poll's only allow 10 people per poll. That obviously means that there's a limited amount of entry's allowed. My guess is that id allow one picture of the tractor and once you submit that picture for the monthly nomination and it gets put into the poll, you can not ever use it again on future nominations.

The problem with this is that if we have more than 10 people submitting pictures then someone will have to vote on who's pictures end up in the poll. That's something someone's gunna have to do, not shure who. Probably sort it out by NOT putting in repeat's from previous month's polls, and giving new people a chance.

Basically if we go this route, we just have to figure out who takes all the entries and picks 10 out of all of them.

Timing! In order to choose what's what, you need delaines. Maybe split the month in half. First half of the month will be people entering there tractors and the second half will be the voting. Note that we have to give time for the person in the first half of the month to make a thread, open entries for the month, and then the person has to pick and choose 10 pictures and then make a new thread for the second half of the month for people to vote on the poll. Example: august. Person makes thread opening entries for September on the 2nd, and having them run to the 15th. Second half of the month would be the 17th to the 30th. that's 2 days for the "person" to pick and choose, and make/post threads about it.

Awards would be having the winning tractor be on the top of the message box for the next months entry thread.

What's everyone think?!bounce bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:29 am

Submissions should be so others have to nominate you, no self nominations.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:50 am

I'd kind of like the sort of Tractor-of-the-month deal wherein somebody mails me a tractor every month... LOL

This could very easily be tied into the monthly site banner deal, an idea I have liked ever since I got here.

Sure, do it. Why not?
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Can we use a third party poll system that can handle a lot more than 10 people so we don't need that?
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
I agree with this and I think it would be auspice to put the TOTM on the top of the forum and we should have different classes like racing, offroad, rally, monster etc. and pick one class for that month and a different the next and so on..... And the winner will be crowned TOTM and maybe make a gallery of the previous winners.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 pm

k2500life wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:
I agree with this and I think it would be auspice to put the TOTM on the top of the forum and we should have different classes like racing, offroad, rally, monster etc. and pick one class for that month and a different the next and so on..... And the winner will be crowned TOTM and maybe make a gallery of the previous winners.
How are you going to fit all of that into one month? nominations? thread posting? voting?
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:22 am

I think that might be a little too involved for what it is. KISS. And who's the poor bugger charged with going through all these threads and selecting suitable candidates, creating polls, monitoring, tracking... eccch.

KISS- Just accept nominations either in a thread or via PM or email. Get a tie? Flip a coin or something, move the tractor that DIDN'T get posted to the top of the list for next month.

I run an annual contest on a forum. Trust me, once a year is plenty for the amount of effort all this can potentially take!
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:23 am

I wasn't saying someone finds candidates the owners come post pics of there own vehicle
Back to top Go down
the beast
the beast

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 am

sound cool Very Happy  I am for it!
Back to top Go down
FOSWMT
FOSWMT

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Great Idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendsofspeckledwood.org.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST   tractor - TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TRACTOR OF THE MONTH CONTEST
Page 1 of 1