All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build

Go down 
+12
MSteele323
Yamaharules163
Thevinnieman92
welder1991
CMHN
Corey123
Ropertractor14
Mississippi1313
Webmaster
arild365
dangeroustoys56
Chunk
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Chunk
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 6:52 am

Its been exactly the same around here. Really annoying.

Yup, it is getting a little quiet around here scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 6:55 am

its sad cause i cant do anything today and am going away at the end of the week to mallorca for two weeks! although im getting steel today for the 4x4 i hope!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 5:56 pm

Last few days ive had some 'maintence time' for my fleet - carb cleanings, deck cleaning/blade sharpening, oil changes- always seems to downpour here around 3-4PM- today it hammered down and i was like- "done for today " .

Im still considering putting an AC unit in the shed sometime ...... too hot for fans to keep it cool in there.

Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 6:49 pm

Got more work done today. Concentrated on finishing the hood mounting and more importantly, the brush bar I've been planning to put on a tractor for about a year. This seems as good a time as any. Used the old hood mounts (the original ones that came with the plastic hood! Amazed I still had them) as the were bent perfectly for what I needed. Just bolts them onto the frame under the grill and welded the bar on.

As for the bar, it came off of a Suzuki SJ 4x4. Had to do alot of cutting. Then when I went to weld it, literally got 1 weld done and ran out of wire! Shocked so had to travel 20 miles into Dundee to get MIG wire from machine mart. I took the photos with my video camera, it sucks at taking photos though! Ironic really. I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking.

Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 PIC_0031

Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 PIC_0032

Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 PIC_0033

Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 PIC_0035

And my favourite photo of the tractor so far! Twisted Evil

Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 PIC_0036

For those who follow me on YouBoob, I have a video uploading now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 7:56 pm

awsome i knew it was only a matter of time before you got something together!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2010, 8:41 pm

Thats a cool looking brush guard- i see why y made the hood open from the back now . Yeah about a month ago i was welding something and ran out of wire just as i needed it- i was like "Argh!"
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 3:36 am

Twisted Evil Ahhh, there is some method in my madness! Thanks though, really pleased with it. Now its time to go test it out cheers
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 7:17 am

Also, I've landed myself some brakes. 200mm hydraulic brakes from a 50cc moped. Jay15kz from YouTube had it on his go kart before he scrapped it. Now he's selling them onto me. I'll have to make a hub for the disc though. But its a step in the right direction. I think I'll hook it up to the clutch pedal. So it clutches at half push, then engages the brake after that. Shouldnt be too hard.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 2:41 pm

Thats cool- a guy i sold my old RER to said he could get me some small motorcycle discs and a master cylender - i lost his number tho Shocked

Ill have to try my manual disc setup and drum brake setup instead. Sometime id like to hunt around a auto junkyard for a set of small discs/mastercylender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:30 pm

can't you just use a piece of steel cut in a circle with some "breather" holes in it and attach a modified car pad?
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:34 pm

YOu probably could. But Im getting the disc, hydraulic caliper and reservoir for the grand total of £10. So suits me down to the ground. I'd expect to pay twice that for the caliper alone! Only thing it needs is a bleed nipple, couple quid at the most (:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:41 pm

lol ok jus thinking out loud rely!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:42 pm

Dont worry, thats kinda what this place is about, bouncing ideas off of one another, just do it carefully so they dont hurt anyone! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:49 pm

lol yea! that brings back memory's! me and my soon to be girlfriend were "play" fighting, then we spotted some of those MOON-HOPPERS i looked at her, she looked at me and before you could blink we were over there and having a huge, as she called it "BALLS CONTEST" lol that was good times alien
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 6:52 pm

Ahhhh, gotta love childish acts like that. Im 19 this year, and still do stuff like that. Keeps you young inside, thats my excuse anyway
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2010, 10:40 pm

Id say itd probably work cutting a disc out of a 1" or thicker metal ( so it doesnt warp when superheated) , BUT- itd need a machined surface and trued so it doesnt wobble all over - be seriously bad at higher speeds. Itd just be easier to buy one already made and adapt it to the tractor.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2010, 7:13 am

Damn, you getting close to being done! I like that last pic, it looks cool!
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2010, 6:09 pm

Not much has happened to this lately. With loosing my job, all my money is going towards insuring my car.
Stripped the tractor down and coated it with anti rust primer, brushed on Wink jsut to protect the bare metal while it's sitting doing nothing.

Need to redo the clutch set up as Im not happy with it, make more mounting brackets for the hood, dash and rear fenders, and then there's not much else to do.
Basically just needs a good strengthening. Need to re-work the dash mount, as it currently sits on the centre frame section, and I want to be able to remove this section for access to the battery and fuel tank without having to rmeoving the steering and entire dash and hood mounts. Lots of little things really, which are always the most time consuming
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2011, 8:38 pm

Well thought it's about time I dug this thing out again. Hasnt been touched in months Shocked
Main thing is to get it to a drivable state, ei; clutch, brakes, steering and electrics.

Need to sort out an engine for this too. This thing donated it's engine to another tractor. Might just slap on a single cyl briggs for now.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2011, 10:11 pm

Yeah i know what y mean- i havent spent any time working on tractors since last november- which is pretty bad considering most my mowing tractors need thier yearly servicing .

Between extra hours at work, bieng sick and doing some work around the house leaves me no time to tinker on tractors- i have like 6 projects languishing out in the shed.
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2011, 9:35 pm

if i were u i would throw a 11hp briggs in there. They're good on milege and They're bulletproof
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2011, 4:39 am

Ive been considering it, I'd like a v twin though.
Still need to sort out the clutch, kinda fluffed it up
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2011, 4:57 pm

Thread revival!

This thing's needing alot of work still, been sat in the back of my garage for probably about 18 months and hasnt been touched.

Remembered I have an old tractor lying in the back of a Sawmill down the road. And a spare engine for it. So I think that'll be a more viable option for now.
I'll try and update it with pics
Back to top Go down
THE MTD GUY
THE MTD GUY

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2013, 8:00 am

what kind of engine is that other one ur talking bout
Back to top Go down
Minimechanic
Minimechanic

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 8:34 pm

FearlessFront wrote:
Snow in florida? damn... Up here in maine it's like spring has come earily. The last 3 snow storms missed us. Today, it's gonna hit 50 and I'm goin wheelin!

But, of course, I'll get covered! I would go for the flaps, Chunk.... LOL!

WOAH your in maine?!?! Where abouts? I watch your vids all the time and thought the climate seemed familiar!
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Established Member
Creepycrawler
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2013, 12:40 pm

Just read clear through your build, really like the look and the custom frame. good work, Liked the mudflap Idea to, Hope to give you some motivation to finish it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build   Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Al-Ko Mudding Tractor Build
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5