All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

craftsman - Craftsman  26 Gallon Air Compressor Empty
PostSubject: Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor   craftsman - Craftsman  26 Gallon Air Compressor Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2013, 8:09 pm

Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor with Impact Wrench and Ratchet. i got this compressor as a christmas gift in 2012. it was OK throughout the winter and spring. around early-mid summer, the motor sounded as if it was struggling to start, but once it fired off and spooled up, it ran fine. tonight, i turned it on, as i needed my impact gun to break free a few nuts on my quad
(am replacing tie rod ends) and it, as usual, struggled to start, and just stayed at that low RPM until it tripped the thermal. i let it reset and it did the same thing. now im angry, so i jumped the thermal, and helped the motor along by turning it with a screwdriver until it fired up. it was up to about 99% power and it died right off again. i drained the tank, let it charge up to about 70 PSI and it dies off there.. wont charge over 70 PSI.. JUNK! well, guess im going back to sears. for the 3rd time over this compressor. (first one was damaged, 2nd one was missing parts and now this)
as for the tools that came with it, great tools. it came with a craftsman air rachet, a craftsman impact gun, and a 25 foot PVC hose (junk)
i replaced the hose with a legacy flexzilla from TSC.
-compressor- http://www.sears.com/craftsman-26-gallon-air-compressor-with-impact-wrench/p-00916471000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

-rachet- http://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-8-in-ratchet-wrench/p-00919932000P?prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2

-impact gun- http://www.sears.com/craftsman-1-2in-impact-wrench/p-00916882000P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

-old junk air hose- http://www.sears.com/craftsman-3-8-in-x-25-ft-air-hose/p-00916112000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

-new flexzilla air hose- http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/flexzillareg%3B-green-air-hose-3-8-in-x-50-ft
Back to top Go down
heavyequipmentlover
heavyequipmentlover

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor   craftsman - Craftsman  26 Gallon Air Compressor Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2013, 4:02 pm

sounds like a craftsman. they have great hand tools for the DYI-er, but i have had "less than good luck" with their power tools, to say the least. i'd reccomend getting an oiled pump air compressor. when i built my gas powered compressor(8 gallon emglo tank) i used an emglo model KU continueus usage oiled pump.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor   craftsman - Craftsman  26 Gallon Air Compressor Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2013, 4:07 pm

heavyequipmentlover wrote:
sounds like a craftsman. they have great hand tools for the DYI-er, but i have had "less than good luck" with their power tools, to say the least. i'd reccomend getting an oiled pump air compressor. when i built my gas powered compressor(8 gallon emglo tank) i used an emglo  model KU continueus usage oiled pump.
Agreed- on both counts. And there is NO substitute for an oil-lubed compressor pump- IF you can afford one. They are more expensive, and with good reason.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor   craftsman - Craftsman  26 Gallon Air Compressor Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2013, 4:59 pm

i was at TSC last week and saw a CH oil filled compressor.. i had the cash on me, and was tempted but decided against it. christmas is coming
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor   craftsman - Craftsman  26 Gallon Air Compressor Icon_minitimeOctober 27th 2014, 1:34 pm

so just a quickie update on this crusty moldy thread. Regulator fell appart on me today. was taking abnormaly long to simply put air in the tires on my truck, so i went in and saw the regulator was down to 50PSI. tried cranking it up, and the knob just clicked like it was stripped. kept cranking and it eventually fell off. thinking about junking this POS and getting an oil filed one. TSC has a sweet deal on a twin cylinder porter cable. might look into it
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor   craftsman - Craftsman  26 Gallon Air Compressor Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2014, 7:32 pm

Wha? Where's the adventure in that? You could use your tank and find a decent swap meet compressor then rig everything up. You know...when there's nothing to do. I've got one of those compressors with no oil too. People had it set out for free and I picked it up. There was a metal strap that holds the motor down which was broke. I had to weld it back together. Works but not much speed as far as filling the tank. Mine is a husky, but I don't know who actually makes them. Looks pretty close to that picture of the one you have. I bought an old two cylinder compressor for $15. I was thinking of rigging it up to the tank sometime, but I haven't tried it yet. Thought maybe I could steal the regulator or whatever shuts off the motor when it gets up to pressure from the current set up if possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor   craftsman - Craftsman  26 Gallon Air Compressor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor
Page 1 of 1