All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
Site under minor construction...
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!
2021 Top Tractor Challenge Results 1. CreepyCrawler - Tom Zeisler 2. Redzz02 - Sean Meyer 3. Bedestructive - Ryan Deavers 4. Andy Manfred 5. Cooper Lantagne 6. George Irwin 7. Mowbro’s - Ben Hendricks 8. Captain315 - Scotty Andrew 9. Mud mowers from hell, Brian DeLong 10. Mr. Studabaker - Cleetus Joe 11. Mud Mowers from Hell, Sam McCarty 12. Craftsmancrusher - Anthony Cantin

 

 Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
redneckrob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
redneckrob

Age : 26
Join date : 2011-01-10
Posts : 41
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Fort Worth

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 pm

so thats my goal, if anybody has questions comments or want to help, OR have done it themselves with an engine please respond!
pics are appreciated!!!
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Supporter
Supporter
redzz02

Age : 26
Join date : 2010-05-12
Posts : 888
Forum Rep : 50
Location : PA pittsburgh and pymatuning

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:09 pm

got on off an old kohler 8 hp i had to drill a couple holes in the shroud to bolt it up and put the bolt the cup on the fly wheel, actually isnt that hard to pull on an 11 hp but is a beotch when it doesnt wanna start
Back to top Go down
redneckrob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
redneckrob

Age : 26
Join date : 2011-01-10
Posts : 41
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Fort Worth

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:33 pm

@redzz02 wrote:
got on off an old kohler 8 hp i had to drill a couple holes in the shroud to bolt it up and put the bolt the cup on the fly wheel, actually isnt that hard to pull on an 11 hp but is a beotch when it doesnt wanna start

if you got any pics or could take some please do so, thank you!
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Supporter
Supporter
redzz02

Age : 26
Join date : 2010-05-12
Posts : 888
Forum Rep : 50
Location : PA pittsburgh and pymatuning

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:45 pm

hey sorry bud this is the best i can do for now

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? P_002210
you can see the pull start on the 11hp

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Sspx0030
this is the cup still bolted on the fly wheel and you can see the extra holes drilled into the shroud, i would get you some detail pics but the pull start part is 2hrs away up my camp sorry, just find one that has a cup and not a ratchet like some of the briggs and you should be able to bolt them up and i might have some pics i just gotta look for them
Back to top Go down
redneckrob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
redneckrob

Age : 26
Join date : 2011-01-10
Posts : 41
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Fort Worth

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:55 pm

@redzz02 wrote:
hey sorry bud this is the best i can do for now

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? P_002210
you can see the pull start on the 11hp

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Sspx0030
this is the cup still bolted on the fly wheel and you can see the extra holes drilled into the shroud, i would get you some detail pics but the pull start part is 2hrs away up my camp sorry, just find one that has a cup and not a ratchet like some of the briggs and you should be able to bolt them up and i might have some pics i just gotta look for them

hey thanks! what im workin off of is using an old honda push mower starter, but ill look for a old rider with one
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Jamus

Age : 42
Join date : 2010-06-28
Posts : 511
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Southern WV

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Some of the larger motors on snowblowers are pullstart with a nice big handle also. Might be able to find the part to bolt right on to your shroud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
redneckrob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
redneckrob

Age : 26
Join date : 2011-01-10
Posts : 41
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Fort Worth

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:15 pm

@Jamus wrote:
Some of the larger motors on snowblowers are pullstart with a nice big handle also. Might be able to find the part to bolt right on to your shroud.

will check that out, but i live in Texas and we dont get much snow down here but, that gives me the idea maybe i can find an old generator, most bigger models have pull starts and electric
Back to top Go down
biscuit
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
biscuit

Age : 54
Join date : 2010-11-29
Posts : 41
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Lincoln, RI

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:08 pm

i got a craftsman 11hp and took a pull start off a 3 hp engine i had layin around. i bolted the "cog" on the 11hp flywheel. then i cut the part off the shroud from the 3 hp and welded it to my shroud on the 11hp. i was gonna bolt it, but it sat too close to the flywheel fins. i had some trimming to do to keep it low profile. but it is cool and works great. but i had to take it all off to change out my flywheel. broke on me.
Back to top Go down
redneckrob
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
redneckrob

Age : 26
Join date : 2011-01-10
Posts : 41
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Fort Worth

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:25 pm

@biscuit wrote:
i got a craftsman 11hp and took a pull start off a 3 hp engine i had layin around. i bolted the "cog" on the 11hp flywheel. then i cut the part off the shroud from the 3 hp and welded it to my shroud on the 11hp. i was gonna bolt it, but it sat too close to the flywheel fins. i had some trimming to do to keep it low profile. but it is cool and works great. but i had to take it all off to change out my flywheel. broke on me.
thanks! that helped alot! im gunna probably do something similar, do you happen to have any pictures of how it bolts on to the flywheel?
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
dylansrockinrigs

Age : 22
Join date : 2012-02-28
Posts : 306
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Silk Hope N.C.

Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Pull Start   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:37 pm

I pull started a 12 horse easily but I broke my wrist trying to Pull Start a 17 horse by wrapping a rope around the pulley and pulling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?   Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Pull/Recoil starter on 14.5 hp briggs and stratton?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 302116086336 one more, Jerry Rice Starter Jersey

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Technical Forum :: Engine Tech :: Briggs and Stratton-
Jump to: