All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dwcopple

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite! Empty
PostSubject: picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite!   picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 9:12 am

Scored an 8x12 stick built off Craigers for $300. This one is gonna house all the junk (patio furniture, bikes, pool crap, lawn chairs, hoses, etc.) I don't want in my way in my shop garage. It may need a new roof as there is leak damage at the end of the decking but I noticed they had no drip edge installed! Stupid. They are throwing in two bundles of shingles so I hope to just replace the damaged portion of decking (it is already a strip so it will be no prob) and nail down some shingles and install drip edge. Pics when it is here and sitting! Wish me luck with the move. Have to go around 7 miles from there to here.
Back to top Go down
B440
B440

PostSubject: Re: picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite!   picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 10:12 am

Nice! How are you transporting it?
Back to top Go down
dwcopple

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite!   picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite! Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 8:12 pm

wow, what a day! my buddy with his bobcat skid steer and I finagled that damn thing up onto a steel snowmobile trailer with only minor difficulty, threw a 2" ratchet strap over the top and snugged her down on the trailer. White knuckled the whole drive never breaking 20 MPH, I got it home in one piece. I have pics of before and where it sits now, nicely nestled at the back end of my property in the woods.
before, my daughter doing the inspection:
picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite! IMG_20140726_194305_976_zps3kvbgj1x

new home:
picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite! IMG_20140728_194330_540_zpsbqmunv8c
picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite! IMG_20140728_194348_581_zpsxnwgga9u

it needs drip edge installed under the shingles something fierce. Other than that, gonna let it settle into place and possibly ad some more blocks if necessary. Right now it has 6 block and a sideways 6x6 post at the centerline. Sturdy as can be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite!   picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

picking up another shed (needs minor work) tonite!
Page 1 of 1