All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk

Go down 
+12
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Carshowkid
richie thomas
Doug
jonnya
redlinemotorsportts
Thunderdivine
kawasaki220
Moose
Angchor
TheBeal
Craftsman1998
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mr.modified
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2014, 10:45 pm

Yep, it's on the way...

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Atltf_10
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2014, 10:51 pm

Two went out, 3 more to go lol. Everything is together just gotta box em. Will go out this week.

Next year everything WILL be done at least a month before buildoff deadline so I have time to package stuff. But who knows what there are for prizes next year.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2014, 1:46 am

lol thats good i think we need all member's on suggestions for what could be the prize's for the next atltf build off, I have a local shop that can make up any kinda trophy you would like with a name engraved and all i can check and see pricing one day if you admin would like for me too does great work does it for all the basketball and football teams here in our town!! just let me know if you guys would be interested im sure it wouldnt cost to much i could help out in some way
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2014, 6:16 am

We've got plemty of time to consider prizes. I'd like to see more feedback on the competition itself so that we can proceed with scheduling.
Back to top Go down
DirtyD
Vendor
DirtyD
Vendor

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2014, 12:34 pm

When is the start date for this again? I might be able to enter it this year if everything goes right with the army and the VA. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://woodlinepowesports.com
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2014, 6:42 pm

DirtyD wrote:
When is the start date for this again?  I might be able to enter it this year if everything goes right with the army and the VA. cheers

I think we're just going to proceed with Feb1/15 to Nov1/15.
Back to top Go down
DirtyD
Vendor
DirtyD
Vendor

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2014, 8:37 pm

hhhhmmmm.... If everything works out, I should be entering this year.. What a Face Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://woodlinepowesports.com

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 2:45 am

sweet dirty d!! After the announcement of the new build off seeing who all will be involved with the build what they will be using and running i cant wait to see the progress, lonnies aka puppet kicker and doc's will be a beast of a build!! i cant wait to see them 2 in action and progress, not to mention everyone else build its going to be a even better build off from last year, it was a good one last year but man from what i have seen and heard its go be freaking awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 9:35 am

MTD2fst4u wrote:
sweet dirty d!! After the announcement of the new build off seeing who all will be involved with the build what they will be using and running i cant wait to see the progress, lonnies aka puppet kicker and doc's will be a beast of a build!! i cant wait to see them 2 in action and progress, not to mention everyone else build its going to be a even better build off from last year, it was a good one last year but man from what i have seen and heard its go be freaking awesome!!

That's the hope! That's also assuming I actually enter! Wink Dang, I hope I can do this. I was going over some ideas yesterday, and holy cow. I'm biting off quite a mouthful. But- even if I'm not sure if I can finish in time, I might enter anyhow. Keep things entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 3:11 pm

Should enter in last minute like I did and have the whole thing spaghetti at the end.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2014, 3:06 pm

is February yet ffs
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 10:11 pm

Start date and general rules from last year seems good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 11:41 am

i think a video of its intended purpose must be required for subjecting to being claimed a finished build with it in action to show the purpose of the build...just a suggestion for the 2015 build off
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 11:54 am

MTD2fst4u wrote:
i think a video of its intended purpose must be required for subjecting to being claimed a finished build with it in action to show the purpose of the build...just a suggestion for the 2015 build off

That's basically a given. In order to qualify as being finished on order to be allowed to be voted upon, the builder has to prove to our administrative staff that it qualifies. While no rule actually SAYS "You need to make a video", it would be kinda silly NOT to...
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 4:53 pm

As the rules are now, people without video capibility can still officially participate. Of course most people can take video anyway one way or another.

What's everybody think they're building this time anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2015, 9:24 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
MTD2fst4u wrote:

That's basically a given. In order to qualify as being finished on order to be allowed to be voted upon, the builder has to prove to our administrative staff that it qualifies. While no rule actually SAYS "You need to make a video", it would be kinda silly NOT to...

im meaning if they build a mudding mower show it action if it was built for that then the video should contain it actually working properly doing so u know just suggestions is all lol

and im still just building a mudding slash work horse mainly but awaiting from a friend if there will be a dirt track opening for mower racing next year and if that happens ill build a racing mower...lord help me lol
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
802 Customs

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2015, 2:06 pm

mr.modified wrote:
Of course most people can take video anyway one way or another.
Yeah most everybody has a smart phone, most current phones have a halfway decent camera.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2015, 4:17 pm

Well in order to officially qualify, it has to meet criteria. And if we cant confirm it meets, then theres no making it to voting.

Rite?

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2015, 5:14 pm

I figured if you had it all slapped together and rigged up as per the rules and just took some pictures you were technically good. Since the rules don't state you had to take video. If you had some detailed pics of wiring and throttle linkages ect, at least you could see that it's hooked up. I suppose there were no issues last year. This year Doc is going to travel around to personally check all the finished builds and make sure everything is official.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2015, 8:09 pm

ROAD TRIP!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2015, 7:43 am

mr.modified wrote:
I figured if you had it all slapped together and rigged up as per the rules and just took some pictures you were technically good. Since the rules don't state you had to take video. If you had some detailed pics of wiring and throttle linkages ect, at least you could see that it's hooked up. I suppose there were no issues last year. This year Doc is going to travel around to personally check all the finished builds and make sure everything is official.

That is what I did. I didn't have my youtube channel set up when the build off was taking place. I have tons of old video from that summer but just never got uploaded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2015, 7:55 pm

right doug, only think i was beating around the bush on this was if someone was just posting pictures and ect and there brakes did not work or it didnt even run and just took pictures lol mainly but i dont think anyone would do that reason i brought this up cause of some kid in zomz mower group was saying he could do pictures and say he cant do videos and its already built and when use his previous pictures to post as he acts like hes going along with the build....but it just set up a red flag to me and was like hmmm if your that dumb then go for it lol then it made me think if someone really did it was cheating ect but no worries fellers
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2015, 9:09 pm

MTD2fst4u wrote:
right doug, only think i was beating around the bush on this was if someone was just posting pictures and ect and there brakes did not work or it didnt even run and just took pictures lol mainly but i dont think anyone would do that reason i brought this up cause of some kid in zomz mower group was saying he could do pictures and say he cant do videos and its already built and when use his previous pictures to post as he acts like hes going along with the build....but it just set up a red flag to me and was like hmmm if your that dumb then go for it lol then it made me think if someone really did it was cheating ect but no worries fellers

This is EXACTLY why our system is set up the way it is.

You MUST begin with a dated pic showing a password that nobody knows until the start date- so you cannot dig up old pics. From there, progress reports (this IS a forum) monitor the build. A LOT of careful consideration went into creating the system...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk   next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

next atltf build off thoughts/suggestions small talk
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4