All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

 

 What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM

Go down 
+3
Craftsman1998
craftsmancole
redlinemotorsportts
7 posters
AuthorMessage
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 27
Join date : 2013-03-18
Points : 7272
Posts : 3131
Location : raleigh nc

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 8:26 pm

i found this video of what seems to be a pulling tractor engine, kohler v twin on the dyno. Sounds crazy like a f1 car. peak i 12,000rpm limiter at 119HP

Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 24
Join date : 2013-04-05
Points : 4751
Posts : 661
Location : New Smyrna Beach,Fl

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Thats pretty awesome, and 110+ hp Shocked
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 26
Join date : 2013-10-30
Points : 4941
Posts : 1068
Location : New jersey

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:41 am

I need that for my cub What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Age : 35
Join date : 2014-01-12
Points : 4740
Posts : 919
Location : Defiance, Ohio

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:57 am

dayum I think midwest builds racing motors too but thatd be a pretty sick racer o.o 90 mile a hour down the back stretch :v
Back to top Go down
B440
Member
B440
Member


Join date : 2014-01-22
Points : 3993
Posts : 226
Location : Thompson, CT

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Definitely cool.


$10K? affraid

Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 27
Join date : 2013-03-18
Points : 7272
Posts : 3131
Location : raleigh nc

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 5:31 pm

I saw the comment about 10K too, witch is probably in the neighbor hood of right. This thing brings the sound of a over revved twin to a different level.
Back to top Go down
B440
Member
B440
Member


Join date : 2014-01-22
Points : 3993
Posts : 226
Location : Thompson, CT

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:01 pm

There must be some special class for that engine, but all I can think of is the unlimited class, and a snowmobile or street bike engine would get you more power for much less cash.

Still neat to see that you can get that kind of power from a Kohler.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 27
Join date : 2013-03-18
Points : 7272
Posts : 3131
Location : raleigh nc

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:35 pm

B440 wrote:
There must be some special class for that engine, but all I can think of is the unlimited class, and a snowmobile or street bike engine would get you more power for much less cash.

Still neat to see that you can get that kind of power from a Kohler.

I was goofing around on youtube and they said its a v-twin, or twin unlimited. All like this, rev to the moon and hold it till they stop.

And yea, theres motorcycle engine classes, whip a CB 4 cyl on a mower, looks pretty loud. Also in NY here, theres a small block v8 class.
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
Member
802 Customs
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2015-01-08
Points : 3547
Posts : 146
Location : Vermont

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Because it says "super cub" on the valve covers I would say this is a engine made by the Midwest Super Cub lol. Pretty bitchin machine. As for the comments on the motorcycle engine I would imagine whatever class this is in probably limits to ope engines, and garden tractor driveline, so you don't stick a Harley twin cam 6 speed in there and call it a day. Whoever is building this probably doesn't care that a motorcycle engine would be cheaper, they clearly have the funds to make this happen.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 27
Join date : 2013-03-18
Points : 7272
Posts : 3131
Location : raleigh nc

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:51 pm

802 Customs wrote:
Because it says "super cub" on the valve covers I would say this is a engine made by the Midwest Super Cub lol. Pretty bitchin machine. As for the comments on the motorcycle engine I would imagine whatever class this is in probably limits to ope engines, and garden tractor driveline, so you don't stick a Harley twin cam 6 speed in there and call it a day. Whoever is building this probably doesn't care that a motorcycle engine would be cheaper, they clearly have the funds to make this happen.

Totally agree. Pulling tractor stuff is serious stuff. If you have 10g's in your engine, i wonder what the rest looks like....
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
Member
802 Customs
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2015-01-08
Points : 3547
Posts : 146
Location : Vermont

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:28 pm

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
802 Customs wrote:
Because it says "super cub" on the valve covers I would say this is a engine made by the Midwest Super Cub lol. Pretty bitchin machine. As for the comments on the motorcycle engine I would imagine whatever class this is in probably limits to ope engines, and garden tractor driveline, so you don't stick a Harley twin cam 6 speed in there and call it a day. Whoever is building this probably doesn't care that a motorcycle engine would be cheaper, they clearly have the funds to make this happen.

Totally agree. Pulling tractor stuff is serious stuff. If you have 10g's in your engine, i wonder what the rest looks like....
jenk
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator
redlinemotorsportts
Moderator

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 27
Join date : 2013-03-18
Points : 7272
Posts : 3131
Location : raleigh nc

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:30 pm

802 Customs wrote:
redlinemotorsportts wrote:
802 Customs wrote:
Because it says "super cub" on the valve covers I would say this is a engine made by the Midwest Super Cub lol. Pretty bitchin machine. As for the comments on the motorcycle engine I would imagine whatever class this is in probably limits to ope engines, and garden tractor driveline, so you don't stick a Harley twin cam 6 speed in there and call it a day. Whoever is building this probably doesn't care that a motorcycle engine would be cheaper, they clearly have the funds to make this happen.

Totally agree. Pulling tractor stuff is serious stuff. If you have 10g's in your engine, i wonder what the rest looks like....
jenk

10/10
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 34
Join date : 2013-11-02
Points : 6952
Posts : 2906
Location : New Jersey USA

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Wwwwwwwwhat. Guess they must machine their own crank and everything. Looks like a factory block though. I would imagine you'd need to brace up the block somewhat for that.
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
Member
802 Customs
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2015-01-08
Points : 3547
Posts : 146
Location : Vermont

What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:51 pm

mr.modified wrote:
Wwwwwwwwhat. Guess they must machine their own crank and everything. Looks like a factory block though. I would imagine you'd need to brace up the block somewhat for that.
Nah, just turned up the governor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM   What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
What a V-Twin Kohler Sounds like @ 12,000RPM
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Twin 16 B&S custom dual exhuast, sounds like a Harley.
» Kohler V twin + pumper carb O rings
» mud monster
» 15.5 hp turbo cooled craftsman briggs and stratton wont start
» V-twin vs opposed twin?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: