All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

 

 Peerless 820 buying

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carshowkid
Member
Carshowkid
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2014-07-22
Points : 3990
Posts : 347
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 7:40 pm

Is ther somewhere where you can buy a new 820 peerless? Cause all I can find is this
http://roms-peerless-transaxle-supply.ecrater.com/p/8634638/peerless-820-transaxle-upgrade-conversion-for-deere-100

And is that like a normal transaxle... They say it is... But $700 really?!?!
Back to top Go down
YotaTruck
New Member

New Member


Join date : 2014-06-21
Points : 3640
Posts : 9

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 8:14 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
Is ther somewhere where you can buy a new 820 peerless? Cause all I can find is this
http://roms-peerless-transaxle-supply.ecrater.com/p/8634638/peerless-820-transaxle-upgrade-conversion-for-deere-100

And is that like a normal transaxle... They say it is... But $700 really?!?!

You can get them a bunch of different places, but you're not going to pay much less than that if at all. Your best bet is to get one out of a dead tractor-I'm going to look at a Murray this weekend that should have one.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Member
Carshowkid
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2014-07-22
Points : 3990
Posts : 347
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2015, 8:24 pm

YotaTruck wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:
Is ther somewhere where you can buy a new 820 peerless? Cause all I can find is this
http://roms-peerless-transaxle-supply.ecrater.com/p/8634638/peerless-820-transaxle-upgrade-conversion-for-deere-100

And is that like a normal transaxle... They say it is... But $700 really?!?!

You can get them a bunch of different places, but you're not going to pay much less than that if at all.  Your best bet is to get one out of a dead tractor-I'm going to look at a Murray this weekend that should have one.  
ok... Well might have to convince my dad to take me to a junk yard to go looking around for some Murray's... But first I need to figure out what kind of murray...
Back to top Go down
YotaTruck
New Member

New Member


Join date : 2014-06-21
Points : 3640
Posts : 9

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 5:58 am

Carshowkid wrote:
Well might have to convince my dad to take me to a junk yard to go looking around for some Murray's... But first I need to figure out what kind of murray...

I remember those days... When I was a kid there was only one yard near me that you could actually just go pick through the junk-they had a whole section of lawn tractors with big Peerless transaxles like the ones found in Cub Cadets and John Deere 110s. It's gone now. You're probably better off just searching Craigslist for a good deal. I missed one recently for $300 and it ran. You're looking for a "Garden Tractor," not just a lawn tractor. 18HP and up with at least 10" rear wheels. 820s are easy to spot because the axles are 1" rather than 3/4".
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Member
Carshowkid
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2014-07-22
Points : 3990
Posts : 347
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 7:43 am

YotaTruck wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:
Well might have to convince my dad to take me to a junk yard to go looking around for some Murray's... But first I need to figure out what kind of murray...

I remember those days...  When I was a kid there was only one yard near me that you could actually just go pick through the junk-they had a whole section of lawn tractors with big Peerless transaxles like the ones found in Cub Cadets and John Deere 110s.  It's gone now.  You're probably better off just searching Craigslist for a good deal.  I missed one recently for $300 and it ran.  You're looking for a "Garden Tractor," not just a lawn tractor.  18HP and up with at least 10" rear wheels.  820s are easy to spot because the axles are 1" rather than 3/4".
ok... And I've been looking cause this last summer I missed one for $50 complete and everything... Exept rims
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 23
Join date : 2014-01-22
Points : 4390
Posts : 546
Location : north carolina

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 5:54 pm

come down to hickory north caroline u can get a 820 working or broke for 15$ at the local scrap yard
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Member
Carshowkid
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2014-07-22
Points : 3990
Posts : 347
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 6:34 pm

kawasaki220 wrote:
come down to hickory north caroline u can get a 820 working or broke for 15$ at the local scrap yard
well... I always could go there... I've never been to that state or South Carolina... But I've been to 42 others... Yeah but that may have to be a spot to go... I really want an 820 bad!!!
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Member
Carshowkid
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2014-07-22
Points : 3990
Posts : 347
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 7:46 pm

Ha if I but 820 a for $15... I'm bringing $200 to spen in 820... I'm cashing in... Lol
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2012-12-24
Points : 7593
Posts : 3039
Location : Lebanon County, PA

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 8:51 pm

I can pick transaxles at my U-Pull-It yard for $25 all day long. Got my AWS there.

But yeah, you probably wont find one cheaper new. Thats actually pretty close to cost, way less than youd find at a dealer or factory direct.


Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_


Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive




Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Member
Carshowkid
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2014-07-22
Points : 3990
Posts : 347
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 9:01 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:

But yeah, you probably wont find one cheaper new. Thats actually pretty close to cost, way less than youd find at a dealer or factory direct.
ok... Well I'm just going to keep my eyes open for something on cl or eBay... And quick question are all 820 5 speed? Or are some 6? Cause I've read a couple forums where guys are saying they have a 6 speed plus reverse
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2012-12-24
Points : 7593
Posts : 3039
Location : Lebanon County, PA

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 9:57 pm

5 and 6, and I think there were a few uncommon 3 and 4 speeds.

Both of my 820s are 6 speeds.


Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_


Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive




Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Member
Carshowkid
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2014-07-22
Points : 3990
Posts : 347
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 10:04 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
5 and 6, and I think there were a few uncommon 3 and 4 speeds.

Both of my 820s are 6 speeds.
ok... And another quick question if you know... Is there a visual difference between 3/4/5/6 speeds? With out having to crack the case open?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2012-12-24
Points : 7593
Posts : 3039
Location : Lebanon County, PA

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 10:22 pm

Nope. You could get the number off the tag and reference it with the model list (link below), or just count the clicks. All of them have reverse and neutral.

820 Ratio List


Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_


Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive




Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Member
Carshowkid
Member


Age : 24
Join date : 2014-07-22
Points : 3990
Posts : 347
Location : Downers Grove Illinois

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2015, 10:50 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Nope. You could get the number off the tag and reference it with the model list (link below), or just count the clicks. All of them have reverse and neutral.

820 Ratio List
well I knew that every one has neutral and reverse... And I guess you could count the clicks... God I feel dumb why didn't I think of that...
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Established Member
kawasaki220
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 23
Join date : 2014-01-22
Points : 4390
Posts : 546
Location : north carolina

Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2015, 12:31 pm

dm redlinemotrosports he can get you a 820 and send it to u for cheaper then u can find on the internet and he knows what hes doing to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Peerless 820 buying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 buying   Peerless 820 buying Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Peerless 820 buying
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Buying pulleys
» peerless 915 015
» New peerless 206 for 25$
» Peerless 801 or MST 205?
» peerless 834

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Technical Forum :: Drivetrain & Brake Tech :: Transaxles and Transmissions-
Jump to: