All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

Poulan Halftrack

Go down 
+3
STUNTMAN JON
steeldaytonas
frostypaws
7 posters
AuthorMessage
frostypaws
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
frostypaws

Forum Rep : 9

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:00 pm

I didn't like the lack of utility or fuel consumption from the muskrat so with the Poulan's MST transaxle stolen for the three wheeler I decided to combine the tracks and Poulan front end, plus it gets rid of some 'useless' junk lying around.  I do not have internet so this was started quite awhile back.  I hope to test drive it sometime in the coming weeks for turning radius (probably like 10-12 ft so not a woods romper!) off-roadability etc...

Poulan Halftrack Wp_00010
Poulan Halftrack Wp_00011
Poulan Halftrack Wp_00012
Poulan Halftrack Wp_00013
Back to top Go down
steeldaytonas
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
steeldaytonas

Forum Rep : 0

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 4:00 pm

I like it man Im thinking about it on a future project I have 2 snowmobil track laying around I hesitate about halftrack or full track anyway nice project we should try a tug-pull togeter and the end of the contest Smile
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
STUNTMAN JON

Forum Rep : 0

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 4:09 pm

cool you got any ideas in mind for what to use it for? like a flatbed back or a timber forwarder even lol, could be pretty formidable off road, good luck man!
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Administrator
Stretch44875

Forum Rep : 8

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 7:07 am

Really liked the muskrat... Using independent brakes to help out turn?
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Hammer
Hammer
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 85

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Cool build!! I can relate to it. Had mine in the build off last year but didn't finish. I still got mine and will continue working on it when the weather breaks. Good luck in the build off.
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Prybar
Prybar
MatthewD

Forum Rep : 42

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Nice build. I think it'll look great when it's finished! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator
Doc Sprocket

Forum Rep : 20

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 8:45 pm

I am trying to determine eligibility in the competition, with regards to the "50% rule". To help me make this determination, please describe as best you can, just how much work you have left, to complete.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- https://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- https://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- https://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII https://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
frostypaws
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
frostypaws

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:35 pm

I tested the system this weekend, I need to completely redo the front axle and steering setup to take the new weight and abuse, belt drive needs a new tensioner system, battery mount etc.  I can tell you that the front steering system will be time consuming as I want to use a auto style worm and wheel as the steering box.  
From there on I have plans for a flatbed and much need reinforcement in the stock Poulan frame.  Feel free to remove this from Build-Off if you think necessary, it won't hurt me none Razz

Also it crawls up 60% slopes, its pretty sweet lol.  Turning radius is exactly 12ft, almost perfectly guessed it.

Poulan Halftrack Wp_00014

Poulan Halftrack Wp_00015
Back to top Go down
frostypaws
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
frostypaws

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 5:47 pm

The stock Poulan frame was causing me trouble so I slapped some iron on it, however what it really needs is more articulation in the front axle.  Hopefully next weekend I can get the steel to build a new lifted front axle.  Three wheeler for scale of course...

Poulan Halftrack Wp_00112
Poulan Halftrack Wp_00110
Poulan Halftrack Wp_00111
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Hammer
Hammer
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 85

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Some video of this would be cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poulan Halftrack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poulan Halftrack   Poulan Halftrack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poulan Halftrack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Rat Rod, Hybrid, and Unique Tractors-
Jump to: