All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs

Go down 
+8
MightyRaze
Double W Cross Ranch
Crazy_Carl
AllisKidD21
Stretch44875
mrshaft696
diddie
Murraymountain
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2020, 9:32 pm

I don't believe so. The only separate starter related part that I know they sell is the mount piece thingy...

This piece...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Annota12

I had texted the original owner to see if he still had the original starter and he didn't so yeah. Hopefully this lady buys it.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2020, 8:08 pm

Welp, starter came in! Works fine. Honestly not all that impressed, but it is what it is. She's for sale again. Looks like the lady is not going to buy it, but she doesn't know it. We're going to try to sell the Yard Machine to her since it sounds like it will suite her needs better. Anyway, We're up to an estimated grand total of $350 and down to $750 on the price. Not as good of an investment as I thought it would be, but it's still a pretty nice profit!

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1140972
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2020, 11:02 am

Okay, I don't know what is happening but things are insane over here. Maybe it'll make a little more sense to me after I post this. Anyway, we sold the Yard Machine.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150014

And bought it back the next day.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150013

Too much smoke. So guess what. The oppy days for the YM are done. It was a beast, but this tractor has to sell. So we're gonna put a Briggs single on it and hopefully get this money pit outta here.

Anyway, I picked up the lady's Hechinger MTD with a bad trans. I'll eventually have a video that covers the entire saga of the Hechinger but I'll need a little time to edit it. Anyway, I sharpened the blades, straightened up the hood, and pulled the trans. I have to go buy a trans from the junkyard and put that one in. I also have to replace the rear drive belt. Maybe do the headlights too. Anyway, I just have it to do the work. I didn't buy it, just replacing the trans. In all it'll be about $125 of work.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150015
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150017
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150016

Check out this damage....

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 20181010

You can't see it very well, but the shaft is super worn.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 20181012
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 20181011

Anyway, I'll be working on this for a little bit.

I also picked up the Wizard's deck. 46" of pure American 12 gauge steel! I'm saving this project for a day that I can do nothing but work on it. It needs a lot.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150020
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150021

The JD rebuild will commence after the Wizard is fully functional.

Now get this, we're going to deliver the T1200 to the same guy who bought the 16.5 LT1000 tomorrow. Because we're getting the LT1000 back. I don't understand. Anyway, the only things that I know I'm gonna do to it is maybe clean all the power connections, fill the relays will dielectric grease and wash it. Then I'm going to sell it again. So technically I'll be getting my payment for the T1200 in 2 different payments from 2 different people. Whatever. I've been running everyone I know through my head trying to figure out who would buy this thing. Anyway, hopefully I'll have it sold pretty quick.

AND, the 15.5 Kohler Craftsman will be making a return to this thread believe it or not. Nothing wrong with it luckily. They just want it serviced. That shouldn't be around more than a day or 2.

AND, we're looking at getting 4 more tractors to sell. It's time to start clearing stuff out.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2020, 8:52 pm

We have acquired our first ZERO TURN....

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150024

Our neighbor gave it to us. It looks like one heck of a rat nest. The tarp has disintegrated so it's obviously been sitting a LOOOONG time. I believe it has a 16 HP Kohler Command V-twin. It has a freaking joystick instead of handles. I don't know.

Anyway, I picked up some FNR trannies... $50 for 2.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150023

I think they're in pretty good shape. One is questionable but we'll see. All the wheels are rusted on of course, but I'll get them off.

We sold the T1200 and picked up the old LT1000...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150022

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150025

The relays are very temperamental but it should be fine.  The little bushing thingy on the governer linkage was missing because they were messing around in there when it wouldn't start. That's a long sad story. But anyway, I put a new one on and the throttle works again so. The alternator wasn't working because of a relay er somethin but hey it works now so whatever. Other than that, it was how I sold it. I think I have a buyer lined up for it tomorrow so we'll see if it even makes it back on the market.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2020, 2:22 pm

Things have still been crazy over here. We did not sell the LT1000. It broke upon delivery..................................

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Tenor

Anyway, that kinda pissed me off, (the main reason it didn't sell is just because it's not what the buyer was looking for), so I decided to fix the 3 "quirks" that it has. One was that you would have to kick the solenoid to get it to turn over. Turned out to be a loose wire. Got that fixed. Then I pulled the deck and cut a little piece that was catching on the deck brake causing the blades to not shut off. Only thing left is when you push the clutch pedal to far, the plastic idler starts to burn on the engine pulley. Not a real issue, and it's more work than it's worth to fix it. So anyway, now it's REALLY doing good. It's back on the market.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150028

The Hechinger is a pain. I put a new trans in it and the pulley is too low. I go to take it off, and it turns out it's rusted on like nothing else. Even if I could get it off, I know I'll find a spline shaft instead of the keyed shaft I need. So either way, I'm screwed with this trans. The only option I'm left with is to pull the second trans apart, and rebuild the original trans with this one's internals. I'm technically losing money with labor at this point, but if I don't go this route, then I'm losing a whole lot more money. Anyway, I can't wait to have this thing outta here.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150030
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150029

I screwed up the Wizard. I think I got the starter fixed. We'll see. If I can get to 15 successful starts than I will consider it fixed. Anyway, the steering is done for. There is no such thing as a left turn anymore. She's done for. So I went to change the gearbox or whatever the heck it is and replace it with the steering out of the GT6000 we scrapped last year. Anyway, to change it, you of course have to pull the steering rod. The main problem, it cannot come out through the top. It has to be pulled from under the mower. In order to do that, the mower needs to be about 4 feet in the air. So for me that means you have flip it over. The problem with this, the little splinish looking silver thingy is stuck on the shaft.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150031

Anyone who has had to pull the steering rod on a real GT6000 probably knows what I'm talking about. I'm sure Mighty, Richie and Allis had to deal with this. Anyway, I gave 'er a real nice blow with the bammer hoping it would break loose. Instead it just screwed up the threads in the shaft. So now, I can't even get the bolt in. I can guarantee I'll have a bolt in it next time I work on it. 110%. Anyway, I'm gonna be going back and forth with this beast. Oh, also, the 46" deck doesn't mount the same. Yay! It's back to looking when it comes to the deck.

The zero turn is a Country Clipper. Turns out it has a 18 horse Kohler Command, 50" deck that needs some welding, and no one's interested in what the heck type trannies it has. I don't even know. Anyway, we went and picked it up about 3 days ago.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150033

We already put new hydro fluid in, new oil, new fuel filter, new plugs, pressure washed the living crap out of it, cleaned out the tank, fresh gas, fresh battery, cleaned up the wiring, put the rear tires back on the rims and filled 'em up, put some tire sealant in the rear tires (all the tires hold air now), sharpened the blades, changed the PTO switch, tightened up a buncha bolts, put a shroud and pulley covers on, changed a hydro fan, rebuilt the brakes, and she's a mowing great now! Mowed about 2 acres with it.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150032

Now it needs an air filter, new seat cushions, some welding on the deck, and I think that's it. It's missing some side covers but that's fine. Anyway, hopefully there will only be 1 to 2 more crazy updates left this year. It's just been insane.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2020, 9:55 pm

Well. The ole 15.5 horse Craftsman is back... and he brought a friend...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150043

With a scary engine...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150044
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150045

Anyway, they both need about $125 worth of work. Of course, I'm charging labor, so really they only need about $60 parts. The 15.5 has a cracked frame somehow. They both have busted hoods. But anyway, shouldn't take me more than a day to get them both 90% done. Already pressure washed both. The Troy was INSANELY dirty. Maybe we'll call it the Dirt-Bilt.

Before...
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150048
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150046

After...
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150047

MUCH better. I even did a video of washing them. I'll post that up later. Anyway they shouldn't be around long.

The plan for the "Heck"inger (That's it's new name now.... "Heckinger") fell through like usual. I wasted a lot of my day finding out that MTD built 3,361 slightly different versions of the FNR. I found out that just about every internal part of the FNR is not interchangeable with others. So I just decided to slap everything back together and throw it all in the parts pile. There's footage of me cutting perfectly good MTD rear axles in half so I could have my wheels. I'm sure that will be painful for some of you to watch. Just know it sure did feel good when I cut them. I'm still not sorry.

Anyway, the pulley was not as rusted as I thought. I ended up taking the trans back out and putting a different pulley on that had a spline. Turned out to fit just right. THANK GOD. I was gonna go crazy. I cut the wheels off of the trans and put her 18's on. Made sure to clean up the shafts and grease them when I put the wheels on... Hopefully they don't rust on again for a good while. Anyway, now I'm waiting for the new belt to put the rest together. Hopefully the saga of the Heckinger is coming to a close.

The zero turn....

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150050
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150049

I don't know what even.... Just, I dunno. I guess I'll explain this in the next post. This is still a developing situation...
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2020, 3:38 pm

Got the steering box out of the Wizard. It mainly needs bearings, but I'm just gonna replace everything.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150053
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150054

The zero turn is fixed again. All I'm gonna say about it is that one of the belts needed to be changed. It's a long sad story but it's mowing again so I won't waste the time it will take to write it up.

The Heckinger was gone. The belt worked and I mowed 2 1/2 acres with it before giving it back. I ended up getting $200 for the trans swap. She paid too much, I didn't get enough, so I think that's pretty fair. Anyway, we got a call 4-5 hours after we delivered it that the trans blew. So my dad went over there with the Exmark (which is finally starting to hurt) and mowed her yard because it was getting way too high. He brought the Heckinger back and it turned out that the bearings in the Vari-drive pulley went out and the front belt wedged itself in the pulley. So it needs a new Vari-drive pulley and maybe a front belt now.

Craftsman Squarebody is just sitting around right now. It needs some money put into it to actually be useful.

The YM is needing a deck belt and a new engine. He's getting a Briggs single and getting it out of his hair.

The Exmark is having some electrical trouble and is trying to die when you idle it down I think. Anyway, I'm not gonna touch it so it doesn't matter to me.

The Husqvarna and JD both have dead batteries right now, so we have charge those guys up.

The 16.5HP Craftsman is SOLD.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150055

$375 and we had to deliver it an hour away. The plan was to pay $350 and he gives me the Husqy you see in the pic there, but he got it running when we we're on our way. So we told him to keep it. Anyway, he still bought the LT1000 and gave us a little four wheeler. Anyway, the LT1000 is gone.

The 15.5 horse LT1000 is done aside from welding the frame and deck. And maybe belts.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150056
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150112

The Troy is done aside from a new front drive belt (which literally means taking the deck off, putting it on it's side, literally taking the clutch apart, taking the engine pulley off, and pulling the Vari-drive pulley off. (which is wedged up in the corner of the frame) If anyone thinks a widebody is hard to change the belt on, think again. You need to try a 2014 Troy-Bilt Bronco with an "automatic." The newer the tractor, the harder the belt is to change). Anyway....

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150057
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150114
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150113

They shouldn't be around past Thursday.

The Craftsman:                                                                                
The Troy:
-Spark plug                                                                                      
-Spark Plug
-Air filter                                                                                          
-Air filter
-Oil change                                                                                      
-Oil change
-Oil filter                                                                                          
-Oil filter
-Fuel filter                                                                                        
-Fuel filter
-Fuel lines                                                                                        
-Fuel lines
-Cleaned deck                                                                                  
-Cleaned deck
-Sharpened blades                                                                            
-Sharpened blades
-Hood repairs                                                                                    
-Hood Repairs
-Pressure wash                                                                                  
-Pressure wash
-Greased spindles and wheels                                                            
-Light bulbs

-Drive Belts

-OHV gasket

-Pulled engine cover and cleaned fins

That's what's been done. All that's left is a front drive belt for the Troy, and welding for the frame and deck and maybe belts for the Craftsman. Hopefully.

Update/pressure wash video...

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2020, 10:04 pm

Alright, Troy-Bilt is done! Put a new front belt on and she's going good. I think it needs a head gasket, but that's not my problem unless he says so.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150118

Pulled the motor out of the YM today. Single cylinder Briggs coming soon. Apparently this motor is getting fully rebuilt with new pistons and everything... I don't know...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150117

You all know the story thus far on the Heckinger. Anyway, I put a new front belt on it and now I'm just waiting on the Variable speed pulley and the dipstick O-ring. I also found the worst spindle I've ever seen. It is SUPER worn out. So I'll probably have to order one of those too.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150116
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2020, 10:50 pm

Well, Craftsman and Troy are gone. $200 for Troy, $250 for the Craftsman. The welding was $130, so yeah it made it pretty expensive.

Also, this guy got a hold of me on Letgo and gave me this John Deere L111...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150127

The hood is not in existence like usual. And it looks kind of rusty as far as paint goes. I thought I could get away with it until my brother pressure washed it and found this...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150125

Hehehe. It's crunchy under there. I'll be putting a new body on it.

Anyway, my brother cleaned the carb before I could even get time to look it over and it runs. This 20 horse puts the L120's 20 horse to shame. I wouldn't be surprised if the L120 has 15 HP or something. Something is really wrong with the L120. Anyway, this list shows everything I've ordered and still need to get/do...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Annota13

The plan is to pretty much restore it and sell it for a high price. I thought the spindles on the Heckinger were bad.... Haha! I don't even know how this thing still mowed. The bearings are literally not there. The amount of movement is indescribable. Anyway, I'm gonna completely rebuild the deck.

The K46 hydro runs super smooth, but the cooling fan looks exactly like the fan on my Murray's hydro did. It's just not there. And the clutch is super rattly because it BBQ'ed the pulley. So I've got a new one on the way.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150126

As it sits now...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150128

And I need to have it done by the end of the month.

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2020, 12:13 am

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150113

Well, the Troy and Craftsman made a return. Right on time! Put a new belt on the Troy. Shouldn't have to see that one around again. The Craftsman decided to blow the solenoid right after they got it back so that way I get to hear all the complaining. Anyway, they won't be back I hope.

Okay, so I went ahead and stripped it down to frame. The body is in the scrap pile now. I gotta get the parts at the junkyard and get some John Deere green for this thing.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150115
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150114
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150116

Completely stripped every part of the deck down. Went ahead and sanded it. I had the grinder going at 7:30 in the morning and everyone else was still sleeping so I sanded everything with the door closed and by the time I finished, the whole barn looked like this. I was done and it was time to open the doors and air that place out.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150111

Ready for paint...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150112

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150117

All painted up (couldn't do clear coat because it was screwing up the paint)...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150120
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150118

All assembled with new spindles and blades. It's one nice looking and running deck. The brakes on the deck could be better but it's fine. It's smooth as butter!

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150119

I also got the new clutch pulleys put on. The rebuild continues.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2020, 3:57 pm

UPDATE:

JD L120: Needs everything.

Husqvarna: I don't know.

Heckinger: Needs spindles, and a thorough going through of the engine.

JD L111: Needs a painted hood and body, hydro fan, front tire tube, throttle handle, two rear bolts for the engine shroud, and possibly a carb.

Exmark: Has an electrical gremlin.

CC: For sale: $2200

Craftsman: To my knowledge it needs a carb, tube for rear tire, spindles and blades.

YM: He's either putting a single cylinder Briggs or the oppy back on it and selling for cheap to get it out of his hair.

Wizard: To my knowledge it needs steering bushings and then reassembled.

Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5orFgesbzYH1Twss7
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2020, 9:51 am

Well, sometimes you just never know what's gonna happen. We gave the Heckinger back to the owner because she was asking for it since she wasn't satisfied with her new mower. I know it's gonna break on the first try, but that's engine related so it's not our problem anymore. Anyway, the guy who we sold the 16.5 Craftsman to got a hold of us and sold us that husky for $45. Has an 18.5 horse Briggs single, a 42 inch cut and a hydro with a busted fan. Haven't had time to look it over, but it seems to run really good, so either way I'm already making money there. The spindles seem a little worn but I don't think I'm gonna worry about it. If I do spindles then I'm just gonna do a deck rebuild like the L111 got. Anyway, break week is coming up and hopefully I'll be able to get this one flipped and sold before the season is over.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150214
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2020, 11:48 am

Okay, so it looks like it might need more than I thought. The steering is a little too loose, the spindles and blades are pretty bad, the deck brakes are non-existent, the brakes need to be tightened, tune up, some trim pieces, belts, and maybe an idler pulley, and maybe a seat. Anyway, I changed the hydro fan and a pulley so I could mow the yard with it (I used this one because it needed the least amount of work to mow). Got about 93% finished when it started blowing smoke. I think it was just the angle that it was on, so it should be fine. The battery died afterward so I had to change that to finish the last 7%.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150216
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150217
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150215

The trans is a Hydro Gear. I thought it was Tuff Torque but I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, we finally got to the junkyard. I traded the 46" deck that I bought for the wizard for this parts mower and an almost immaculate hood. The body is in really rough shape, but it's all surface rust. I got all the parts I need to finish it now except paint. The fan and stickers are ordered, but they aren't supposed to be here until the 15th. In the mean time I can get everything painted and ready for reassembly. As soon as I get the fan, I can go ahead and assemble everything. I'm in this thing at about $300. A little much, but I should be able to get a good amount for it. My price will be a little steep that's for sure, but it will worth it.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150219

My brother also got an 18 HP oppy for the YM. It was only $30, but still, he'll be in it for at least $500 when he gets it done. Definitely not worth it. The oppy swapped YM was a bad idea.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150218

My brother got a weed eater from the guy with the 16.5 craftsman. That should be ready to sell soon as well. I think it only needs about $20 of work done, so that's a good deal too.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2020, 12:02 pm

AIGHT. The zero turn is sold. $1500. The guy will probably hate it since he apparently has large hills. Not our problem. He can sell it for a profit next year if he doesn't like it.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150228

MILLERMATIC 211 COMING SOON

The YM got another oppy as stated before. This one has absolutely no piston slap at all. I'm going to say this thing is VERY low hours. It is technically flawless. Should be good to go. I hope I'm saying this for the last time, but I think it's almost ready to go... Permanently.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150226

The L111's front wheel is at the tire shop getting tubed. Anyway, I scrapped out the L100. It's just the frame now. The body is really rusty but it's all surface rust. So I'm just gonna sand it down, maybe primer it, and slap a thick coat of JD green on when I can get my hands on some.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150227

The hydro fan is on and the gas tank is cleaned. Looks pretty good. Frame rails are clean inside and out, cooling fins on the trans are clean, it's looking great. The hood is disassembled and waiting on paint. The L111 stickers are in, so those go on as soon as the hood is painted. Gonna be getting a new set of valve stem caps too. This thing should be immaculate when it's assembled. I want some $$$ for this thing. It is going to be NICE.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150229
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150231

The weed eater is done I believe. We're keeping it so it doesn't matter anymore. I'm getting rid of MTD Bolens weed eater that sucks like nothing has ever sucked. I would buy for $50 so I can light it on fire and watch it burn. The satisfaction of that would be worth $50 for me.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150230

John Deere restoration continues...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150232
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150233
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2020, 9:44 pm

Did our first photo shoot this week...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150314
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150312
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150313
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150315
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150316
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150317
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150320
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150318

THICC BOI.....

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150319
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150323
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150321
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150322
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150324

The frames, parts and scrap...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150326

My brother put the steering back in the Wizard. It's all running pretty smooth. Not much play in it. The starter is running smoothly as well. He also put a new sleeve hitch on it since the old one was bent. Now to get the plow and stuff working...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150325

Anyway, just ordered the JD green paint. $25 for 6 cans. Not too bad. I do have $350 in it now though... That is almost too bad. Should still be worth it though.
Back to top Go down
mrshaft696
Established Member
mrshaft696
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2020, 9:43 pm

getting a big collection now
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2020, 5:37 pm

It's getting much too large. Especially when you add the death trap, scat rat, Ole Blue, my brother's murray, the L111, the go kart, and the L110 and poulan in Florida. Time to sell some stuff and take a scrap load.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2020, 7:08 pm

Little teaser....

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150410
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2020, 10:04 pm

Alright. I just don't have the time to set up the full reveal yet, but still, some more teasers...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150412
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150413
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150411
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2020, 11:43 pm

Okay people, a lot has happened, but I'll dedicate this post in particular to the L111. I'll update the rest of the fleet in a couple days. SO. Where did I originally leave off on this project? I think I had just picked up and torn down the parts L100. So a little while after that I sanded down the body and started the paint work...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150327
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150429
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150430
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150432
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150431
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150433

Then the reassembly started.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150434

Then I had to rebuild the carb about 20K times and still bought a new one which didn't so a single thing. Turns out I should've just adjusted the choke. I changed an OHV gasket and put some valve stem caps on. Here's everything I found wrong with the original carburetor... It's in the extra carb stash now.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150625
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150627
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150626

And the RESTORED JOHN DEERE L111:

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150616
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150615
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150617
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150618
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150620
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150619
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150621
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150622
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150623

I've got over $350 in it now. I think $400. It's fine. I can sell it for hopefully $900/$1000 next year. No less than $800 for sure. She's a beauty. Runs and cuts LIKE A TOP. All tires hold air. I've yet to have a more complete tractor than this. The only thing it's missing is the stickers (they weren't available). This thing makes mowing pretty nice except for the idiot reverse safety. But anyway, that's one more down and ready to sell.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150624
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2020, 11:35 am

Looks nice!

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Sig214tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Sig314
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2020, 12:45 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2020, 12:41 pm

Okay. I don't think I even need to say it but a LOT has happened. We'll start with the ol' Wizard GT. So first off, we decided to get the plow working on it. My brother freed up the plow and got it loosened up. Then we put it on the tractor and went to test it.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150524

He drove it down the road one time before this happened...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150523
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150525
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150528
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150526
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150527
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150530

Yes, there was real fire that had to be put out with a 5 gal bucket (only had about 2 in it though). LOOOOTS of smoke. I think the clutch spring broke which busted a live wire which caused the fire. Anyway, everything got burned, so my brother rewired it with the basics and now it's waaay cleaner in there.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150533

After that, the deck/attachment lift died because it was rusted. So we pulled that one off and put the one from the scrapped GT6000 on.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150531
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150535

The new (probably permanent) clutch spring setup...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150534

Also, I have this attachment here, and it seems that it doesn't mount to the Wizard. It's gonna take some work to get it working again and I just don't want to mess with it since we'll probably never use it. So if any of y'all want it for something it's here if you're ever down this way.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150636

Anyway, that's where the Wizard has been. Still runnin great. I don't use it much because I just don't need to but every once in a while it gets pulled out.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150536

The brother's Craftsman in the above pic seems to be running good now. All it's running issues was apparently from a restrictive fuel filter. Now it needs a solenoid/ignition, and rear tire.

Sneak peek of something that will most likely be coming next year...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150637

We also got this 1979 tiller and generator that our friends wanted us to fix up. The tiller had to have the points completely gone through, new carb, new gas lines and fuel filter, oil change, pull start, kill, throttle cable, trans fluid change, air in tires, sharpened blades, adjusted height, cleaned the gas tank, and gas shut off.

The generator had a stuck valve, electronic ignition conversion, cleaned gas tank, fuel lines and filter, main jet, carb gaskets, oil change, and an air filter. Anyway, they're both ready to go now.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150638
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150639
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150640
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150734
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150735

The payment was this 16 horse SUPER COMPLETE Briggs oppy.... WITH AN ELECTRIC FUEL SOLENOID.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150641
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150642
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150643

Anyway, if you watch the video you'll see it kick off for the first time. Runs really smooth too. It will definitely need the carb cleaned, but it's pretty nice.

We also picked up 2 pressure washers. The first doesn't need to be shown because it had piston slap and a leaky pump. It works, but very badly and there's really no way to fix it. So we stole the hose from it and put it on this one. This one runs prefect (besides maybe needing a carb) and has waaay better pressure than the old one. The old red Honda we had wasn't ours and the owner wanted it back so we bought this one for $35.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150736

SOOooOoOoOooooOo. The L120......... The L111 wasn't enough, so now we're restoring the L120. Of course the engine needed a new sump because it's cam ate the sump and now it had waaaaaaay too much play causing the governor and cam to bind. So we replaced the sump and cleaned the cam of the aluminum transfer.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150646
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150644
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150648

After the attempted el cheapo resto, once the engine had to come off my brother decided to go all the way and go frame off.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150649
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150647
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150650

Everything has been painted. The wheels, the frame, the body, the deck, the upper and lower dash, the battery tray, the rest of the body parts, everything. It has a new muffler, fender flares, added oil to the trans, the rust in the deck has been fixed, new belts, new seat, cleaned up the wiring, a whole buncha stuff.

Reassembly...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150728
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150727
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150729
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150813
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150814

Welp, the engine as you can see is back together. The deck is on. The L120 is mowing again. It just needs an oil change, oil filter, air filter, valve gaskets, valve adjustment, and a hood. So the L120 is getting sold next year. It's almost ready.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150532
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150645

I started fixing up my Husqvarna. I changed the oil, oil filter, spark plug, valve gasket, air flitler, fuel filter, and added a shut off valve. After that, I changed the drive belt, a clutch pulley, oiled all the pullies, fixed the headlights, removed the oxidation out of the paint with a torch, sealed up the rear tires, changed the bushings in the front spindles, added a missing body panel, got the right spacing for the front wheels/spindles, and stripped the deck down.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150722
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150723
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150725
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150726
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150730

So all that's left for my Husqvarna is a new seat, and rebuild the deck. That is it. It's almost ready to be sold as well.

Now lets update the old Husqvarna. It will be here for the 2021 season, but it's hurting. The engine needs to be rebuilt, the deck might need to be rebuilt, the deck has to be completely remounted, the steering SHOT, the wiring is shot too, the dash is breaking off the body, the hood is structurally mangled. We're either gonna rebuild it and sell it in the 2022 season, or we're gonna just part it out. Not sure which way we're gonna go but that's not to figure out right now.

I also finally finished the Heckinger video... I guess this brings the Era of the Heckinger to a close.

SO. This is the one with the story. The good ol' oppy swapped Yard Machine. I think in the last one I expressed how well it ran and just how awesome it was in general. Anyway, this retired Army general/sergeant texts us on OfferUp and decided that he gets whatever he wants. So long story short, because he was able to get a Porsche shipped to him from France, he can't understand why he can't get the Yard Machine shipped to him. He also apparently didn't understand that 90% of stuff sold on OfferUp is USED not brand new. Especially when it's photos are IN A FIELD INSTEAD OF A CEMENTED PAD. ANYWHO, somehow we get an 18 wheeler over here, the 18 wheeler driver tests it, and they get it loaded up. Ship it to Jacksonville, and then we get a call from the mister himself and he starts complaining to us about how it has A CRACK IN THE SEAT, THERE'S A COUPLE LITTLE SPOTs OF RUST, AND A HOLE IN THE DECK, and on and on. The rust is literally smaller than a penny. Much smaller. The hole in the deck is smaller than a penny as well. And the pictures show the tears in the seat. So yes, this man was expecting a BRAND NEW mower for $600 when it literally says in the description that it had an ENGINE SWAP. So now he wanted MONEY BACK. We also paid for his $300 shipping because he couldn't figure it out and he was just gonna pay us through PayPal. So now we're out $300 plus the $450 we have in it plus our time trying to complete the contract. So now we're LOSING $200. Then he gets mad because he can't get it to work and basically says we sold him a piece of junk without saying it. We'll if you remember...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Screen10

So he can't say a thing about that. What the problem is is that he just doesn't know how to run a lawn tractor. He told us he has 2 other JDs so he probably already killed those. Long story short, we get $150 of the $300 back. So we just barely broke even at a total of $450 for the oppy swapped Yard Machine. Almost as bad as the Craps-man was. Anyway, the story of the oppy swapped Yard Machine is over. A pretty bad ending I must say. One thing is for sure, that was the first and last time we ever ship a mower.

Anywho, that brings you up to speed with the mowing/workhorse fleet. As you can see in the picture below, the L111 is the only one left in the Portico. Well, we've been making room because a bunch of projects are about to come this way. We have 3 coming from the local small engine repair plus a BUNCH of push mowers, possibly one from Aaron's rental, 2 from FL, and one from a friend of ours. We've got a lot coming, so we're making room in the portico because we expect a LOT of mowers to be ready to sell come March/April.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150816
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150815

So yes, we have to rap up ALL of our current projects before they come. My Husqvarna, the L120, my brothers Craftsman, the MST from the Stamped Frame, and the Kohler for the MM all need to be finished this month. So yeah, we gotta get on it.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2020, 8:16 pm

Welp, got the deck sanded and painted today. I'm not gonna call it rust free because it's really not due to the fact that the steel was literally chipping off in 1/16 thick chunks. So yeah, not great, but better. I didn't care as much with this one because it's eventually gonna rot anyway. It's just too rusty. It's not rotted through yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the new owner is buying a deck in 5 or 6 years. I'm hoping this makeover will buy this deck another 2 or 3 years more than what it would've had.

So yeah, the main part is done. I'm gonna reassemble everything tomorrow and throw it on.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150826
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150825

The tractor is in need of a seat and some sealant for the rear tire and then it's done.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150827

Also, if any of you have a low back husqvarna seat that's in decent condition that you'd be willing to sell, PM me.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2020, 2:43 pm

The deck rebuild is finished. Had to modify the brakes and a whole buncha stuff. Was kind of a pain but I got it done.

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150828

Some mods that I had to do...

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150829
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150830

Anyway, took me waaay longer than I thought but I still got it done in one day. All that's left now is a seat. (I'm still lookin BTW so if you've got one LMK)

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150831
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2021, 6:44 pm

JD has a hood. Paid $120 for it. Not a single flaw on it. Painted the grille, air-shroud-under-the-hood-thingy, the hood mount, and clear coated the hood. She's a beauty! Just waiting for the brush guard now to call 'er done!

tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150854
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150852
tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 P1150853

The offer for the Husqvarna seat still stands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs   tractor - Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murraymountain's Lawn Tractor Repairs
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next