All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
2020 Build-off Started, Look for entry instructions HERE! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2019 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-AllisKidD21 . . . 2-Offroad Mudmowers . . . 3-MightyRaze . . . Close vote, all were winners!

Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 56

Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Empty
PostSubject: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Well, I've been debating making a thread on this, but I guess I will. Anyway, I got this little four wheeler from the gentleman I sold the Craftsman to. I don't think it has spark... And I do think it has a CDI, and I have no clue how that contraption works. Everything is kinda tight, so it definitely wants some WD40. I think the tires are good. Anyway, school restarts on the 11th er somethin like that, so that's why I've been tryin to get a lot of projects rapped up lately. But this is gonna be one of the over-the-school-year projects. So I'm gonna go 'head and stick er down in the portico er somethin and forget about it for a little while. Just thought I'd post up the new contraption. I have no clue what I'm gonna do with it right now, but hey, we'll do somethin with 'er!

Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler P1150110

Compared to the Avanti, it doesn't seem so small...

Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler P1150111

And for anyone wondering, I was told that it was a 125cc.

Back to top Go down
Tour1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 11:45 am

CDI = Capacitor Discharge Ignition?
A lot of outboard motors had that when I was a teen.
I think it needs a good battery and a good Igniter (electronic gadget between battery and coil). Timing is from a pickup near the flywheel.

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 12:11 pm

Yeah it's something like that. A battery is gonna be my next try. Maybe I'll clean up the connections and see what I get. Gotta do some research on the whole CDI world first though.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 9:24 am

Welp, decided to screw around with it a little. Pulled the body panels off to get to everything, then my brother pressure washed it, then we got the front brakes freed up, and now we're trying to actually get it running.

Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler P1150119

For some reason it's getting negative and positive power from the alternator (more neg the pos), it makes it to the CDI and all those weird contraptions, makes it back out of the CDI still strong, but when it gets to the coil, the -/+ power is super weak.

We also put a lawn mower battery on it for the time being. When we first put it on, the wire that goes to the starter was already broken off, and always had power until I touched it up against the starter post... Then it just went black until I let off. And it doesn't matter what you do, it constantly had power, so I think the starter might be blown.

I also touched what appears to be the fuse connections together, and when I did that, the low oil sensor (at least that's what it appears to be) started smoking. So I'm confused. The main switches aren't doing anything at all. But for now I just want spark. I don't know, I guess I better start questioning the resistor.... (whatever the heck that does).

Oh, I also found out that this is actually a 90cc 2 stroke with a real torque converter.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Okay, so I don't know what all happened, but I do know my brother pulled the whole wiring harness and went through the whole thing. It had spark after that. He also rebuilt the starter and carburetor. Then we took it for a rip and tuned it a little. After that we put it all back together minus the air box. Still could use a new carb. It also needs a relay and stuff like that. But the kick start does fine for now.

Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler P1150124

It's running alright now. Still needs a carb or something. The brakes seem a little worn, but it'll be fine. Hopefully I don't get hurt on this thing. Eventually I'll sell it, but I haven't abused it anywhere near the amount I hope to, so.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 499

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 11:53 pm

Sounds like there may be a loose ground in there somewhere.

Forum Admin -- Chat Admin-- Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page --How To Upload Pictures

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 11:19 pm

I don't know. It's all too confusing for me. I still don't know what was causing the spark issue. My brother got it working pretty good so I'm gonna get a battery for it and try the relay first. I think that'll take care of it. Who knows. At least I know the starter is good. Once I put the relay in it and a battery I think all the electrical gremlins will be eliminated......... But don't quote me on that.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2020 12:13 pm

Well, I haven't done anything but put a new carb on it so far. Still very very picky about air/fuel mix. I'll eventually get it. Don't have the time to work on it right now. Anyway, I'll try to make a full video of the abuse it goes through when I get some footage. Here's some pics I took right before a storm. I didn't know this was a storm and ended up getting slammed by it while riding the 4 wheeler.

Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler P1150212
Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler P1150213
Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler P1150211

4 Wheeler Update 8/29/20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler   Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alpha Sports LG90 Mini 4 Wheeler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic Project Builds-
Jump to: