All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

25 yrs ago.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

25 yrs ago. Empty
PostSubject: 25 yrs ago.   25 yrs ago. Icon_minitimeApril 19th 2020, 12:27 pm

I can easily remember this day 25 years ago.  It was a Wednesday, and I was in college.  My Monday - Wednesday - Friday classes didn't start until later in the day, so I got to sleep in most of the time on those days.  I knew this day was going to be a nice weather day, so I was confused when I was awoken by the sound of thunder.  I remember looking out the window, they were open through all the house. I still lived at home with my parents at this time. When I looked out the window the sky was clear and sun was shining.  I was thinking, I must have imagined it.  Just as I rolled over a massive gust of wind hit and slammed most of the open doors in the house shut!  I got up pretty quick to look out the other side of the house, because pop up thunderstorms are pretty common here in Oklahoma.  Even on days not predicted.  I only saw clear sky out that way too.  I decided to turn on the TV and see if there was any news.  Regular morning programming was running.  After about 2 minutes of watching, local news broke in. "There are reports of a bomb going off in downtown Oklahoma City.  People all over the metro are reporting hearing the BOOM. We'll bring you more as this develops."  I remember thinking, is that what I heard and the gust the shockwave?  Surely not, we live like 17 miles away "as the crow flies". I watched a few more minutes of TV, to see if they cut back in.  They did and with this...

25 yrs ago. 115

Then moments later....

25 yrs ago. 213

I headed outside to look for my mom to tell her.  My dad had just gotten home from work that morning.  (He was a truck driver)  I mentioned, did you hear the boom, that was a bomb in the city that blew up a building.  Later my dad realized the Ryder truck passed him, speeding and reckless, going down the interstate that morning heading home.  I remember going downtown a couple times to see with my own eyes.  It was hard to believe.

Some things are hard to forget...

If interested short video I found.

25 yrs ago. Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
25 yrs ago. Sig21425 yrs ago. Sig314
Back to top Go down

25 yrs ago.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: