All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

Tools/Garage Stuff

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver

Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 12:12 am

Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 20210420
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 27

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2021 9:21 am

That does look well made! I have one of those big sets of 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 craftsman ratchets. They are the new Taiwan stuff but they are much better than I expected.

Anybody here have one of the 20 gallon McGraw air compressors from hazard fart? Thinking about getting one at some point.
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
BlakeGroce

Forum Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 2:14 pm

I dont know anyone who's bought an air compressor from harbor freight but the one you have picked out looks pretty good for the price.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
CraftsmanQuad19

Forum Rep : 152

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2021 4:26 pm

I’ve got one of the central pneumatic compressors from harbor freight. Either an 8 or 10 gallon. It can trip the breaker on startup occasionally, so a capacitor of some kind to help get it started may fix that issue. Everything else seems good on it though, little loud, but works great.

I’d assume the McGraw will be pretty solid as well
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Hammer
Hammer
prancstaman

Forum Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 8:07 pm

I would say buy Ingersoll/Rand. We go through alot of air tools, I mean break, and I am always trying to fix them. Which means I can compare the designs of the hammer mechanisms. Stay away from Snap On, they are too complex and easy to break the hammer in them. All the big lightweight cheap ones are pretty fancy inside too but last alittle longer then Snap On. Ingersoll/Rand guns use a simple hammer design and is beefed up too last.

Now a days, the guns are designed to where you oil them, you are only oiling the air motor. Which means that the hammer will get NO oil. So when the gun gets used alot, the hammer cooks the grease and starts sticking. That's when you pull the trigger and all you hear is air passing through the gun, thinking the gun is broke. Nope, the hammer just needs oiled. Then you have to tear down the gun's hammer section to put oil directly on the hammer and reassemble, for it to last about a couple weeks till you have to do it again.

Oh, I bought an Ingersoll/Rand 13 gallon air compressor some 20 years ago. Still using it.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
DimeWeld
DimeWeld
CraftsmanQuad19

Forum Rep : 152

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 11:08 pm

The snap-on MG series guns were pretty solid. Not a fan of the forward reverse/power switch though. Too hard to adjust the chooch on er. I’ve got an mg325 that I’ve had for a few years now, I’ve maybe oiled it twice. Aluminum or magnesium housing, pretty solid design. The other three techs at our shop all run them as well. Before that, every tech at the Ford dealer I was at also ran them.

Then the 1/2 impact chronicles.....one tech has an mg725, same as the 325 just bigger. It’s HEAVY. And same gripes about the ergonomics. But it is tough. His brother, our lead tech, has a snap-on pt850.....he oils it every single morning and takes very good care of it...and still has to send it out to get rebuilt every 3 months or so. High rpm and ipm, good ergonomics, but just simply doesn’t hold up. Me and my manager both have older Matco 1/2s. His is the super quiet model, mine has a little more chooch. Externally they are identical. Both are tough as nails, pretty good power, and I’m not very good about oiling mine regularly. About once a month I’d say. Matco used to be made by ingersol rand. Dunno if they still are, but mine and my managers are both rebadged IR’s.

After mine finally gives up (no sign of it yet) I’m looking at the Matco MT2779....1600 ft lbs of torque. I told ya, lug nut. I ain’t askin’
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
BoogerWeld
BoogerWeld
Crazy_Carl

Forum Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:06 am

upgraded the spot where I clean carburetors and work on tractors with a shelf made of free wood from a crate and a $25 LED light
Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 772cdf10

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tools/Garage Stuff
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: