All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
New Awards system! Look for your award at 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500, and 10000 Posts!!!

Tools/Garage Stuff

Go down 
+13
Brianator
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Nevadablue
Crazy_Carl
prancstaman
Rustbucket Garage
TheBeal
Creepycrawler
mr.modified
Doug
Budget_gokart
CraftsmanQuad19
BlakeGroce
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2022, 1:24 pm

Nevadablue wrote:
I lost my grinder wrench and then discovered you don’t need one. Just push the spindle lock and unscrew the disk by hand. Put it on with the same method. No need for a wrench.

I use a pair of channel-locks for that purpose, I had a disc almost take my face off doing it the other way. I'm already blind enough in one eye, don't need to lose the other one yet lol
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
BlakeGroce

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2022, 5:18 pm

So here a some other homemade punches but these are all center punches.

The one of the far left started as a broken 1/4 in punch that I found at work and I just sharpened the end to a point. The one in the middle was made by my great grandfather and I found it in the tools I inherited from him. He use to work at a golf course so I think it's a pin to some kind of flail mower. He made a bunch of these center punches and both my dad and papaw have one as well. The one on the far right use to be a drift punch or something.....cant remember but I sharpened the end on it and made a center punch.
Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 20220144

Since I just wasn't satisfied I made my owns set punches at school out of some hex stock! Turned out pretty nice, they just need to be heat treated!

Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 20220145

Nevadablue and MN mudder like this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Established Member
Nevadablue

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2022, 6:30 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
BlakeGroce

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2022, 11:29 pm

Not much I can do since I've been going to school and if you're in college you know that you dont get the freedom to have any free time to do anything other than eat, sleep, do homework, do MORE homework, and commute to class. But you ARE allowed to be stressed out the entire time and give all your money to the campus that makes your life a living hell but that's another rant for another time! Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 1098998679

On a good note my papaw gave me this old Roflan lantern that was used on the ship he was on when he was in the Navy during Vietnam. My papaw said they use to use these as flood lights on deck. It's pretty cool looking and still works! The entire body is made of some kind of super thick plastic and has rubber seals on everything, which makes sense being used on a ship. It even has US-CE-C marked on it which is the United States Civil Engineer Corps. It runs off a 6v battery and is even rechargeable which I thought was pretty dang cool for something made in the 60s. My papaw did have to get a new battery for it but other than that it's all original and working, even the volt meter works! I didnt think it would be all that bright being 6 volt and being made in the 60s but its actually really bright and It'll shine a good 200 yards away.... I"ll have to range find something far away and see how far it will go. It's not a very big circle once it gets out that far but still impressive and it doesn't hurt your eyes as bad as LED lights! Just goes to show that military technology is a lot more advanced and well made than most commercial stuff of the same time frame.

Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 20220212
Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 20220210
Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 20220211

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
BlakeGroce
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
BlakeGroce

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2022, 11:36 pm

Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 20220214
Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 20220213
Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Established Member
Nevadablue

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2022, 11:37 pm

That is really a nice lantern. I collect lanterns and flashlights. Never seen one of those before.

BlakeGroce likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Established Member
Established Member
Brianator

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2022, 4:24 pm

That's awesome I love it!

BlakeGroce likes this post

Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2022, 3:27 pm

My mess! scratch  video of my garage that I'm pretty much unable to work in so this year I'll be moving some stuff around from here to up north, throwing stuff out, taking stuff to the transfer station, maybe selling some stuff.

Nobody's fault but me own Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 2429134702, I've made this mess and only I can undo it this Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 252588580 .

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

7500+ Posts
7500+ Posts!
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2022, 5:23 pm

Is your video set to public?
Spoiler:

Bowser - 01 Murray Widebody LT 
Phoenix - 75 Sears ST/16
Dirty Rat - 77 Sears Suburban
Kal-El - 82 Murray GT
 > > > ATLTF Staff < < <
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!

Last edited by MightyRaze on April 10th 2022, 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2022, 5:30 pm

UH no ......duh OOPS, it is now.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tools/Garage Stuff   Tools/Garage Stuff - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tools/Garage Stuff
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4