All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Happy Holidays!

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”

Go down 
+13
Nevadablue
Crazy_Carl
Creepycrawler
AllisKidD21
MightyRaze
darkside0914
mh434
mr.modified
Northwest_Ohio_Mud_Mowers
kat4568
Murraymountain
CraftsmanQuad19
Rustbucket Garage
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Rustbucket Garage
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2021 6:52 am

Thank you! Yeah she’s had a couple problems but I can always count on her to keep on going. Right now the plan is to do a tear down this spring to check the transaxle and do a new crank seal, along with some other little things. After that I think honestly she shouldn’t have any more issues.

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 7:39 pm

So I haven’t had a lot of wrench time this past week or so. Sometimes somebody you know needs some help with things and that takes priority. Between that and some stress I’ve been under and it’s been a wild couple of days. So now that things are a bit quieter I’m trying to get back on this project, namely the snowblower.

I noticed that the lower bearing on the gearbox (size R16, 2” x 1” x 1/2”) has a missing seal, causing the massive grease build up on the back of the impeller housing that I noticed last summer. So my question is, do I need to replace the bearing or should I just put a new seal in? The bearing feels fine, and honestly I think tearing the gearbox apart is a job that I’d rather avoid considering my crazy schedule. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Brianator

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2021 7:47 pm

Hey if you can just replace the seal and it'll hold I say go for it considering the bearing feels good! Sure it's best to actually replace it but if you can get away with it for the winter then replace it next summer.
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
Rustbucket Garage

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 3:11 pm

Tried to put some brackets on in the 12 degree weather, 20 mile an hour gusts... froze my fingers (like always) couldn't start the nuts on because the threads wanted to be a twit about it...

I really need a shop. This working outside stuff is driving me 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 6 252588580 nuts.

Also I am bored out of my mind today...cabin fever something fierce. I'm ready for spring and it's November lol

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Screwdriver
Screwdriver
Brianator

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2021 4:45 pm

I hear ya! I can heat my workshed with a propane salamander but I don't have enough room to work on anything bigger than a mini bike in there so I do all my work outdoors too. I have one of those portable garages which keeps me out of the wind at least and that does make a big difference!

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”   2055 White resto modding “White Lightning” - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2055 White resto modding “White Lightning”
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6