All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2

Go down 
+8
Nevadablue
TechnoChicken
Brianator
mrshaft696
MightyRaze
Budget_gokart
Rustbucket Garage
Murraymountain
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2   Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 4:09 am

Thanks, I was wondering about the clear coat too.

I am surprised you actually have John Deere mowers with hoods. I picked up one hood off a mower (think it was the lx- 173) and it literally broke a 12x12 chunk off in my hands. So, I think that makes it 3 out of 3 with no hood. At least the grill survived.

The CC LT1042 looks very nice. I guess that is 12+ years old going by tractor data.

I bet it takes some doing to keep all those batteries charged if you have one in each mower. I made a check list where I do all the batteries in my mowers and trucks once a month. Plus, the spare cell phone, Ryobi 18+, Atlas, etc.

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2   Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 10:44 pm

JB_4x4 wrote:
I am surprised you actually have John Deere mowers with hoods

I bet it takes some doing to keep all those batteries charged if you have one in each mower.

The hood on the L110 was trash when I got it. I happened to end up with that L130 with a perfect hood so that found it's way to the L110 when I decided to scrap the 130. The L series tractors suck on hood quality but those LX series hoods make the L series look as strong as a 1979 F150 hood... Possibly the weakest mower hood in all existence.

I actually just rotate 1-2 batteries from mower to mower as needed. Mowers like Alfredo, the L110, and the MM (The mowers I'm keeping for myself) get their own batteries.

L110 is still running great and cutting very well. Very pleased with it.

Cub Cadet I sold quickly for $600 and $50 for delivery.

Poulan I put a carb on and did everything except get the seat foam glued to the seat itself. Sold it for $450

Troy Bilt I put a new rear belt on and it drove great. Sold for $400 plus $30 for delivery.

The deal on the scrapyard 14/38 Murray went sour and ended up buying it back. I have since had to replace the carb, rebuild the new carb as it was a dud, change the oil, change the blades, change the solenoid, and change the deck belt and belt guide. Hoping when the solenoid and blades come in it will be ready to go and I am going to try to get $450 for it.

The "Murcoma" is finally up and running! I've done so much to it I don't even remember what all I've done but it's now running super smooth and driving good. Shift shaft is very rusty but it's slowly breaking itself back in and shifting better. As of now, I need to replace the drive belt, get a shroud for the deck, and a seat safety switch. It's finally almost finished.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree329
Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree328

I also finally got into the Husqvarna. It broke loose with some major force. There's gotta be close to 300 FT LBS on that flywheel nut now. I ended up having to take the entire top end apart to clean it. It also happened to have a blown head gasket anyway so it would've had to come off anyway. I ordered a head gasket for it and now I just need to clean it all up and put it all back together and see if it runs. If it runs ok and moves then I'll start fixing the rest. The deck was long gone. As of right now it needs a deck, lots of engine parts, a gas tank, a seat, and a drag link.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree330
Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree331

But one Husqvarna isn't enough for me, so naturally I went tractor hunting and got two more. One free, one $50. Here's the $50 one.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree334

It's been sitting for at least 10 years, is also locked up, and also has paint that is sooooooooooooo dirty even after a wash. It has a 13 HP Kohler command on it. I have not touched this one yet but it looks rough. Savable, but rough.

The second I don't have any single shots of it but it's essentially the same thing as the first Husqvarna I have taken apart. It has a 16 HP Briggs and also no deck. The body is also rough but the paint is good. This one looks to be the nicest one.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree332

I got them all in the shop now and work will start on these 3 stooges this week.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree333

I also was given a JD LX178 with the water cooled vtwin the other day and picked it up today. Supposedly runs and cuts. I haven't touched it yet tho.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree335

I pulled the Malibu back up as I went to the junkyard and got my new fender, headlight frame, and a bunch of odds and ends. About to make hopefully the final order tonight. Drove it up to the gas station and gave it a full tank tonight.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree336

So hopefully within the next month it will be completely done besides getting my title. (I don't know why I always seem to do this backwards. You're supposed to get the title then fix the car Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 1098998679 ).

And speaking of cars with no titles, I bought another one. Well it has one, but it's dead. 1981 AMC Eagle SX4 4 cyl auto, parked in 1996 according to inspection sticker, 133K miles, super low rust, and no keys for $500. With the bonus of mice living in the glove box.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree339
Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree338
Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree337

I have not paid nor picked this car up yet but will be fairly soon. Plan is to get it on the road and sell it as a drivable project. That will probably change though.

JB_4x4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2   Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 11:27 pm

> You're supposed to get the title then fix the car

Only if you think you might get stuck with a $3000 car you can't drive on the road.

> 1981 AMC Eagle SX4 4 cyl auto, parked in 1996 according to inspection sticker, 133K miles, super low rust, and no keys for $500. The locks are easy enough to pick so you can remove the ignition to read the code if you wanted. Been a few decades since I worked AMC parts, but, I think they are a wafer lock.

That is a good deal if the miles are correct or not, though without a title, only so much you can sell it for when fixed, so, selling as a running project probably is not a bad idea. I will have to go back in the thread and see how your other one turned out. I think it was the classic brown?

Where the mice live is not a problem, where they pee is. Almost as bad as cat pee. Glad to see you got such good prices on the mowers.

FWIW: I am about to give up on aftermarket coils. I would give up on aftermarket carbs, but, they (e-replacements and such) want $180+ for a supposed OEM carb.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2   Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:15 pm

JB_4x4 wrote:
> You're supposed to get the title then fix the car

Only if you think you might get stuck with a $3000 car you can't drive on the road.

> 1981 AMC Eagle SX4 4 cyl auto, parked in 1996 according to inspection sticker, 133K miles, super low rust, and no keys for $500.  The locks are easy enough to pick so you can remove the ignition  to read the code if you wanted.  Been a few decades since I worked AMC parts, but, I think they are a wafer lock.

That is a good deal if the miles are correct or not, though without a title, only so much you can sell it for when fixed, so, selling as a running project probably is not a bad idea.  I will have to go back in the thread and see how your other one turned out.  I  think it was the classic brown?

Where the mice live is not a problem, where they pee is. Almost as bad as cat pee.  Glad to see you got such good prices on the mowers.

FWIW: I am about to give up on aftermarket coils.  I would give up on aftermarket carbs, but, they (e-replacements and such) want $180+ for a supposed OEM carb.

Yeah definitely felt like it was a good deal especially since the SX4's are more desirable and bring more money. I got an ignition ordered today and will probably go and try to change it out tomorrow.

The brown one I still have. It's in progress lol. It has it's own thread cause I plan on keeping that car and plan on getting on the road this year. Got a parts car lined up for it as well.

The Malibu hasn't been touched much. I painted the fender yesterday and am getting ready to start putting it back together.

The John Deere's are on hold and aren't going to be worked on for a little while. The Husqvarnas still have not been touched but I plan on doing that this week as well, as the Murrays are done and sold. Have a buyer for the red one and black one sold today. $450 for the black one and hopefully going to get the same price on the red one.

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree342
Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Scree341

JB_4x4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2   Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murraymountain's Deal Flipping Thread PT2
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7