All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)

Go down 
3 posters

What should I do with this build?
Off-Road Build
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) I_vote_lcap20%Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Speed Build
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) I_vote_lcap80%Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Other
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) I_vote_lcap0%Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Empty
PostSubject: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2021, 1:17 pm

SO, @Craftsmanquad19 kind of got my wheels turning when he mentioned doing a build with the Poulan. I said no because I can get a respectable amount of money for it and I can get AYP frames and the like for a dime a dozen. Then I thought, "You know, I've got spare frames right here that have no use to me, why not build one?" Anyway, so now that the L111 and L120 are restored, and the L110 is in the process, I have a bunch of spare parts. I have a perfect L100 frame and other "good" bad parts. Enough to do a full junkyard build!  Not quite sure what to do with it yet, but I for sure am gonna build something with it. Yall tell me... What should I do with it? I like both options a lot. But yall let me know what I should do with it in the poll. If you vote "other," tell me what your ideas are.

I go a little more in depth on it in the video if you want to watch it.

Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160018
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160020
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160019
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160022
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160023
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160021

Last edited by Murraymountain on March 7th 2021, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2021, 1:34 pm

I vote speed build, lower the front end and move it forward like the old hot rods, straight pipe it, and get it up to 30 mph. Something like this I guess.
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) N8MVd76w_gfz62bTIfzEbChRuaNti45RInBpcDl_qSYDffX3p1DzymHXBGOxlAcScnXj7lunz_oGax29T5MpLZoSAHeE-i04bh2cDHEFN8PTI7dUQarpE_xbpbxajRtIjQpz20E
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2021, 1:56 pm

I'd love to. I'm up to do either or. If I do a speed build, it's gonna be an experiment for the Scat Rat project in my signature. I haven't started that project yet. I need to do some learning on speed builds before I start that, so this would be a good start I think. The poll will decide what I do with it because I just can't make up my mind. I guess we'll know in a week! It's looking like speed build so far.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2021, 10:26 pm

I moved it about 5 feet to the right of where it is in the pictures to make room for the Troy Bilt.

Basically just trying to bump the thread.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2021, 2:41 pm

Aight. I haven't had much time to do anything with this yet. The poll says it's gonna be a speed build so that's what I've been planning. I've tried to do some stuff with it twice but both ended in failure. I managed get the front axle flipped and chopped the spindles. I then came to realization that I will be putting leaf springs on the front and wasted a half a day of time and welding wire. Here's some pics...

Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160424
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160423
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) P1160425

Even with the chopped spindles and flipped axle, I'm still running into wheel fitment issues and it's still riding too tall for me. It doesn't matter since I'm gonna put it on leaf springs, just kinda frustrating. So that's all that has been done to it lately. I would have went into frame reinforcements after that but I was out of cutting wheels and didn't have the materials I would like to have for reinforcements. Once I pick up some materials I think I'm gonna tackle the frame on this one at the same time I do the MM.
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2021, 3:44 pm

You could try a straight axle like @TheRainbowBoxer.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2021, 11:26 pm

EDIT: 01/18/22 Build is SOLD

Welllllll. This was certainly long lived. I don't know what exactly I was thinking when I decided to start this build. It sounded great and still could be great, but I have 4 other builds, a truck project coming, and a handful of pressure washers and push mowers plus the buying/selling business. For me to go ahead with the build, it will just be too costly to me and I've lost my drive on this one. I'm into Ole Blue and the MM right now and still have the Scat Rat waiting on me. It's just not a good idea for me to go through with this build. SO. What does all this mean? Well, I'd prefer not to scrap it since it has useable parts and really still has a world of potential to be a sick build, so, I am making it known to the ATLTF Community (as well as the NC Mud Mowers FB Group) that Richard here, as of October 23rd, 2021, is for sale. I will not be asking much as I would like it out of here soon. PM me for details about price/parts included/delivery. I will leave it up here on the forum for a month or two, and if no one buys Richard I will put him for sale on marketplace.

A sad end for Richard here at garage, but hopefully he'll live on somewhere else. Heck, maybe he'll still be able to be documented here!

Last edited by Murraymountain on January 19th 2022, 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2021, 11:34 pm

Lots of mower retirements this month...

Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Sig214Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Sig314

Murraymountain likes this post

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2022, 12:09 am

Welp, finally got rid of Richard today. I had someone come pick him up and is gonna continue the build! Hopefully he joins here and we can all see what the future holds for Richard, but if not, at least he’ll live on!

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)   Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murraymountain's Junkyard Deere Build (Richard)
Page 1 of 1