All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Do you remember your FIRST?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Do you remember your FIRST? Empty
PostSubject: Do you remember your FIRST?   Do you remember your FIRST? Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2021, 11:25 pm

Tractor build that is...  Do you remember your FIRST? 1f601

I remember when my Dad got his first riding mower. I was probably 9 years old or so. When he bought a new mower, he gave me the old one. I was really excited about it. I was maybe 12 or so by then. We lived on 3 acres and had access to a big forested area that was family property. Hills and a creek, everything one would need for an ‘off yard’ tractor. So, I stripped off all the stuff related to mowing grass and painted MY new tractor. Enamel and a brush of course. I rode that thing all over, had a hoot. I don’t remember what brand it was or much about it now. That would have been about 1959 or 60. I do remember it was green.

This is a ‘59 Springfield, it sure looks familiar. Maybe it was a few years later than I thought.

Do you remember your FIRST? E79b1110

Do you remember your first?

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember your FIRST?   Do you remember your FIRST? Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2021, 12:30 am

I was about 7-8 years old back in the early 80's.  My parents bought a 75 Sears Suburban ST/16 same year I was born.  When My dad took the mower deck off to garden, he would let me drive it around.  I would take the thing all over the yard and try to go through mud puddles.  It was a blast.  About the same time, my dad flipped it off the back of the pickup and busted the nose cone off. (Also the beginning of some engine issues for the 16hp Techumseh in it.)  That didn't matter, it was still a blast.
Fast forward to about 5-6 years ago, I was able to get it's rotting carcass and did a resto-mod to it.  I cleaned up the chassis, repainted and repowered with a 13HP engine.  Still going strong today.

Do you remember your FIRST? 7510

Do you remember your FIRST? 75sm10

Do you remember your FIRST? 20150211

Do you remember your FIRST? Jlpc2310

Do you remember your FIRST? Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Do you remember your FIRST? Sig214Do you remember your FIRST? Sig314

Rustbucket Garage and Nevadablue like this post

Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember your FIRST?   Do you remember your FIRST? Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2021, 8:56 am

White Lightning is my first build and the first I’ve owned, but the first tractor I ever drove was a long time ago when I was knee high to a grasshopper. My grandfather had a ‘59 John Deere 2520 and I used to steer while he changed gears. Not a lawn tractor but that was a cool old machine. He repainted it and sold it due to lack of use about 3 years ago. Emotional time for sure. I don’t have any pictures of his, but here is one that is identical in specs, except his was a gas. Do you remember your FIRST? Img

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember your FIRST?   Do you remember your FIRST? Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2021, 5:48 pm

Oh yes! I'll never forget my OG build. I still own her! I will have owned her for 4 years in September. Here she is a little after I got her. I pulled the deck and a few other related parts off at this point. She was a free hydrostatic Murray Widebody BTW.

Do you remember your FIRST? P1080310

This is her about 10 months later I believe. I had finished the mods about 2 months prior.

Do you remember your FIRST? P1100410

A few months later I tore it down to frame to take the whole build up a notch. Well it sat around as I was building the MM during that time. I later would put it back together to a degree and then let it sit around for another 6 months. I then tore it down again and actually did some work when I entered it in the last BO. I then dropped out as I was not going to be able finish it in time. Well it's now been in pieces in the same spot for a year now which is the pic below.

Do you remember your FIRST? P1150011

Eventually I'm gonna pull it back out and go ham on it. But the MM is my test guinea pig for it so that's priority. If anyone who hasn't seen this build wants to see more of the build it's the first link in my signature 'Ole Blue'.

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember your FIRST?   Do you remember your FIRST? Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2021, 7:28 pm

Neat, now I’m off to read Ole Blue. You MUST put her back together. At least the carcass parts are organized. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember your FIRST?   Do you remember your FIRST? Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2021, 9:53 am

Nevadablue wrote:
Neat, now I’m off to read Ole Blue. You MUST put her back together. At least the carcass parts are organized. Very Happy

Oh trust me, I won't let her rot away! Might be a little while before I start wrenching on her again but she'll come back better than ever. Guaranteed!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember your FIRST?   Do you remember your FIRST? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you remember your FIRST?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: