All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

A little PSA for ya.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

A little PSA for ya. Empty
PostSubject: A little PSA for ya.   A little PSA for ya. Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 10:54 pm

I know some of your are Anti-Vaccine for Covid-19.  Some of you already have the shot. Some of you are on the fence.

I'm not here to push opinions of DO IT or DON'T.  That is your decision.  I will leave you something to think about.

My cousin 49, died early this morning after contracting Covid-19 just a few days ago.  They tried to go to the hospital last night but was turned away due to at capacity.  So, if you get sick, don't expect to just go to the hospital.  Yours may be full too.

I'll admit.  I DO have my shot.  I have had it since early April.  I personally didn't have any side effects from it at all. (pfizer)  I know some of you are anti-shot.  I have several friends and family that are.  Do what you will.  On the fence? Think about those around ya. Already have it?  That's your business.

DO real research whether you get it or not.  Don't let "opinions", conspiracies, or "Trump got it, so I'm not" or "Biden got it, so I'm not".

That is all...

A little PSA for ya. Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
A little PSA for ya. Sig214A little PSA for ya. Sig314
Back to top Go down
Tour1

PostSubject: Re: A little PSA for ya.   A little PSA for ya. Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2021, 10:43 am

I got the shot last spring if I remember correctly.  In spring 2020 my wife tested positive and we spent a week and a half in quarantine.  She thinks she got it from me but I had hardly any symptoms, and she lost all taste & smell except what she called "a horrible chemical that won't go away", so that's why we got tested.  I may have had some of "the" symptoms like as if I had eaten an entire pizza so I was so full it was hard to breathe, maybe, or just enough pizza so I felt my breathing was strange.  I worked with fiberglass in boat factories & such so I don't have much sense of smell to begin with.  My older sister passed away in January 2020 - before covid hit the US, supposedly - she had low oxygen levels during her hospital stays but they didn't know why, and we had to wear gloves & smocks when we visited because it might have been n anti-biotic resistant bacteria.  We are near NY city, by the way, and some say covid came to NY through europe before it hit bad on the west coast.
Anyway I'm 65 and will get the booster ASAP or as soon as I know I can.  My mother-in-law is over 80 so we have to be as careful as we can.

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A little PSA for ya.   A little PSA for ya. Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2021, 11:17 am

Tour1 wrote:
My older sister passed away in January 2020 - before covid hit the US, supposedly - she had low oxygen levels during her hospital stays but they didn't know why, and we had to wear gloves & smocks when we visited because it might have been n anti-biotic resistant bacteria.  We are near NY city, by the way, and some say covid came to NY through europe before it hit bad on the west coast.

Some sources say "wallstreet journal" that it could have hit the US as early as October 2019 now.  They are finding people that had antibodies as early as Nov 2019.  I wouldn't be surprised if those "unknown issues" didn't turn out to be that.  

I'm not "young", but I am not "old" either and historically have had a strong immune system.  With my back injury, I don't know if meds are "lowering my immunities" and research "at least when I got my shots" showed those with type A and AB blood was more susceptible to the more serious symptoms.  I have A+ blood.  Also, my mom, wife and we suspect one of our daughters have an auto-immune disease.  Even more reason to be vaccinated for me.  Strangely enough, January-Feb of 2020, almost all our family was sick at the same time after visiting family that came up from Dallas.  We all had about the same thing with many of the Covid symptoms.  I remember waking up a few nights "short" of breath.  I also remember having issues with "taste"  I could still taste, but was muted or things that shouldn't have taste "like water" had a metallic taste.

A little PSA for ya. Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
A little PSA for ya. Sig214A little PSA for ya. Sig314
Back to top Go down
Budget_gokart
Established Member
Budget_gokart
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: A little PSA for ya.   A little PSA for ya. Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2021, 12:08 pm

im not against it but im not for it im nuetral and i say its your decision i dont think people should HAVE to get it to work because i sure as heck would quit and find someone else if i was forced. im healthy and id rather not have it. and another thing is i know covid is a real thing killing people but 90% of its a lie symptoms mostly not a lie but the hospitals being full no not true. ive been in 3 hospitals due to family members injury and the hospitals where dead silent not a person in sight exept nurses chit chatting. i live next to a funeral home its only been active since flu season started since 2019 theres been 3 funerals and when flu season started its been a daily occurence ( i havent lived there since 2019 my girlfreinds family has) also ive talked to the funeral home director and his brother who owns the hardware store and he says the same its not as big as the media puts it
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: A little PSA for ya.   A little PSA for ya. Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2021, 10:05 pm

I would like to add my two cents, and though I NEVER get into controversial topics online I feel this is worth mentioning. If you are not vaccinated, all I ask is that you please wear a mask in public. (Look, I'm Shel Silverstein!) You can feel healthy, have covid, and give it to someone else, or vice versa. I know a lot of us on here know older folks and I don't know about you guys but if somebody close to me got covid from me and never fully recovered (as some acquaintances have not) I'd never forgive myself. Again, do what you wish, but keep the impacts on others in mind when you make your decision. I hope this doesn't come across as "charged" or "political," I just don't want to see you guys sick.

Mightyraze, I am sorry for your loss.
Thank you all for reading this and keeping the thread civil. I am always glad to see how collaborative and friendly people are on here, compared to other places.

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little PSA for ya.   A little PSA for ya. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little PSA for ya.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: