All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

RC cars anyone?

Go down 
+3
dangeroustoys56
CMHN
arild365
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2010, 5:21 pm

yeh i thought some of you guys might be into this sorta stuff... i have a tamiya dual hunter, no problems but the stock servo that came with the acoms remote striped the gears, got a new one today and finally got it working, only to find out that the driveshaft for the front left has missing two O-rings so i need that, got it working two wheel drive and the other problem is the tyres need glueing to the rims as they spin in the tyres if they get wet.

if anyone else has any sort of rc car post it here!
Back to top Go down

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: R/C cars   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2010, 8:20 pm

I love r/c just as mush as mowers.

I have a traxxas slash 2wd a hpi savage 2.5 and a savage 4.6 and an hpi 3 evo rs4 3.3.

yeah i love ma r/c's Very Happy afro
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2010, 11:54 pm

i have a jeep wrangler i like to play with. nothing fancy. I really want one of those tamiya toyota pick ups!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
CMHN
CMHN

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 7:33 am

RC cars, planes and boats all interest me. I have recently saw a few video's on youtube about RC car drifting which I though was very cool. I don't own any at the moment but would like to in the future after I graduate and get a job.
Back to top Go down
http://ctraugh.blogspot.com/

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 8:59 am

lol yeh im posting a video of my rc car soon, made a video today
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2010, 3:26 pm

I have a ton of plain regular electric RC cars - some are street cars , most are 4x4's - the majority i bot at thrift stores super cheep and used controllers i already have ( since they didnt come with any) - one id REALLY like to get going is this GIGANTIC true 4x4 ( 4 wheel drive) jeep- its super huge - i bot a racing RC car from a flea market for $5 and used the stuff on my large nissan 4x4 truck ( speed controller and all that) - i considered using that stuff in the jeep cause id hate to spend $100 on a whole new setup for it....

Also have a couple RC planes i havent used yet.....
Back to top Go down

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 4:38 am

my RC car is full of problems, i mean its great when its running but first the plastic steering servo cogs ripped themselves to shreds then the back shocks broke and now i don't have spares, got to go to the shop 15miles away which is alot for me cause i dont have transport and i have to wait for my mom or dad to go that way anyway...

mums just announced she can take me today! good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 8:23 am

I used to have one I got from Radio shack years ago, it was called the "Nitro Bunner".. That thing was BIG! LIke 24" long and did like 25 mph. It was electric though. If I was to get a new one, it would have to be gas or whatever they use.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2010, 10:29 am

FearlessFront wrote:
I used to have one I got from Radio shack years ago, it was called the "Nitro Bunner".. That thing was BIG! LIke 24" long and did like 25 mph. It was electric though. If I was to get a new one, it would have to be gas or whatever they use.

People will yell at you for calling then gas, they are called nitro. lol!
I remember when i first got into the hobby i went into a hobby shop and there was a nitro truck i wanted to look at and i said can i see that one GAS truck up there, and the guys like there ain't no gas trucks up there just nitro.
That sure made me feel like an idiot. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 7:42 am

My dad runs those control line airplanes - says the 'fuel' has nitromethane,methanol and caster oil in it - like $20 a galon - should hear those motors scream- specially the ones he uses for 'combat' - have a wide open throttle .
Back to top Go down

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 10:27 am

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
My dad runs those control line airplanes - says the 'fuel' has nitromethane,methanol and caster oil in it - like $20 a galon - should hear those motors scream- specially the ones he uses for 'combat' - have a wide open throttle .
Yup thats the fuel, but the cheapest i can get it is $32 bucks Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 5:48 pm

i never had a nitro rc, electric though i used to have a 1:6 cxt truck, 1:6 4x4 nylint rock crawler, 1:18 cxt which i had my cellphone taped to the front of it recording it driving, i have it on my youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/motorhead45102 . and all of these that i used to have all broke after time.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2010, 7:03 pm

My wife n i were out yesterday- and stopped by a thrift store - i happened to find not one but 3 rc trucks ( all w/o controllers) - a 'pimped' ford f150 , and 2 dodge rams.

The ford is large- is a 9 volter - has like a 'stereo' on it- i searched thru my controllers and it works- its pretty cool- plus it was $3.

One dodge pickup is painted/dressed up like a police truck - another 9 volter - found a controller for that and it works awsome - $2 - i had planned to take it apart n fix another one, but i had it out in the dirt and does neat rooster tails and donuts- im keeping it.

The last dodge is a 6 volt monster type truck- was like $2 - it uses the same controller as the police dodge - works pretty good ( but i like the 9 volters tho- more run time).

For $7 its a blast just messing with em - plus i dont have to worry about wrecking an expensive new one.

Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 3:29 pm

Hey guys, was looking around for some type of formal new guy intro thread and found this. I have about 10 hobby grade RC, all land vehicles, all electric. Almost everyone is custom built rather than box stock. I like to build, that's why I'm here after all. I have a few rock crawlers, a scaler(realistic 4x4), a mini CORR(or whatever is goes by these days) style truck, and a brushless truggy that could easily top 50mph with the right battery.

On the topic of gas vs nitro, there are gas powered RC out there as well. They're in the 1/5 scale and run 23-30 cc 2-stroke engines, basically hopped up weedeater motors. However with modern technology, electrics can beat the gas and nitro vehicles in most situations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
arild365
arild365

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 3:38 pm

I just got this lil rc car about the size of a hot wheels and that thing iis sweeeet. It rips around as fast as any other bigger rc car!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 7:32 pm

Jamus: I think i have at least 30 or so RC cars- some are brand new ones , lately ive been scoping thrift stores n flea markets for parts ones to fix ones ( majority of ones i have dont have controllers- from thift stores) - one i have is a HUGE 4x4 rockcrawler jeep that i really want to get running - was like $3. The majority of them run off my other car controllers , some are waiting for donors - i figure what the heck, donate some money to good causes and when im tired of them i might donate em back or something .
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 29th 2010, 8:25 pm

Did the big Jeep look like this? This was a walmart RC that runs on a pb-acid 12V battery, like what power wheels run. Gave it to a buddy who got injured and had nothing better to do with his down time.
RC cars anyone? Pbucket
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 6:50 am

I think its bigger - ill have to get a pic of it- i have a full 'racing' RC controller setup (bolink) - got it from a flea market for $5 - servo, controller - all of it. Only thing is i put it in a large nissan RC truck - a whole new setup is like $100. Since it has two motors, might need a heavy duty speed controller tho. Thats why its just sitting for now.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 7:46 am

i miss my rock crawler, had the power wheels type of battery and it ran for a long time, and went over some crazy crap, but it broke down and there was no way to get new parts for it cause it was a discontinued item.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 3:54 pm

You mightve been able to rebuild it- hobby shops carry all kinds of parts - or do like i do- buy another one for parts and redo it.

Heres that monster jeep next to a average sized 9volt truck of mine :

RC cars anyone? File0010
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 5:36 pm

Yeah, that's the NewBright 1:6 Jeep, mine was the Nylint 1:6 Jeep. Roughly the same size but yours had better detail in the body. I'd be lost without my RC crawlers. I used to be into fullsize trucks, trails/rocks. But the economy has made me scale my toys down quite a bit. So now I have RC and lawnmowers, haha.
Back to top Go down

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 7:07 pm

Jamus: Yeah same with me all i can do now too is small engines and r/c's.
But i guess they are both about as fun as full size cars/trucks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 9:20 pm

roboman79 wrote:

No but we tell ourselves that anyway. Laughing
Back to top Go down

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJune 30th 2010, 11:17 pm

Jamus wrote:
roboman79 wrote:

No but we tell ourselves that anyway. Laughing

Yes i guess you just have to be brain washed into not thinking about other things you can't do and just injoy what you
can do.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 6:57 pm

I was never into mudding with 'real trucks'- i always liked to tinker and collect RC stuff - one ive had the most fun with is a 1/4 scale clod buster - directions say " dont use in water or mud" - its been in that and more, i never had it submerged in mud, but ran it thru puddles - had it out in the snow and on ice , been the best lil truck i ever bot- plus it still runs good.

Surprisingly that 1:6 scale monster jeep uses a 9.6 volt battery- id like to see if i could run a 12volt setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RC cars anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RC cars anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next