All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

RC cars anyone?

Go down 
+3
dangeroustoys56
CMHN
arild365
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 6:57 pm

I was never into mudding with 'real trucks'- i always liked to tinker and collect RC stuff - one ive had the most fun with is a 1/4 scale clod buster - directions say " dont use in water or mud" - its been in that and more, i never had it submerged in mud, but ran it thru puddles - had it out in the snow and on ice , been the best lil truck i ever bot- plus it still runs good.

Surprisingly that 1:6 scale monster jeep uses a 9.6 volt battery- id like to see if i could run a 12volt setup.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2010, 10:36 pm

Clodbusters are cool. I'm trying to buy some axles from one off a guy to build another rock crawler.

I was never really into mud in the fullsize trucks either. I'd drive thru it if there was no way around, which is common in these parts. But if there was a choice between mud or rocks and general trails, I'd steer clear of the mud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2010, 10:33 pm

After working on my mower this evening I got some rocks in the garage and ran my micro crawler. Took some video.
Brought some rocks into the garage this evening and got some video of the micro.
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif4

Last edited by Jamus on July 9th 2010, 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 12:09 am

Jamus wrote:
Did the big Jeep look like this? This was a walmart RC that runs on a pb-acid 12V battery, like what power wheels run. Gave it to a buddy who got injured and had nothing better to do with his down time.
RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Pbucket

i have one just like this but it is orange.
it was fun but something happened to the rear axle and it barely turns. i wish i could fix it but i have no clue about these things
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 12:22 am

Yeah, mine was orange but I painted it. The axles are belt driven from the electric motor, well it's actually a large o-ring. It's probably stretched and slipping. Might be able to find one at the auto parts store that fits a little more snug. That it the hi/low shift thing can get stuck sometimes as well. Mine did and I manually locked it in low gear.
Back to top Go down
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2010, 1:03 am

hopefully it would be an easy fix.
i think maybe it got some water in it, or one time it rolled and hit cement really hard so idk what happened
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RC cars anyone?   RC cars anyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RC cars anyone?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2