All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My hood alternative idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

My hood alternative idea Empty
PostSubject: My hood alternative idea   My hood alternative idea Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2012, 11:18 pm

My hood alternative idea Wp_00023
My hood alternative idea Wp_00024

I'm going to keep the original grill to keep branches and other stuff from hitting the carb and throttle cable, but I need to make another metal strip like you see vice gripped into place on the side for the other side. Should be strong enough to handle a rollover and keep maintenance easy. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: My hood alternative idea   My hood alternative idea Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2012, 11:51 pm

is the grill fiberglass or castiron? Id do like what your doing with the 2 flat bars bolt them on then id put sheet metal on it at least the top.
Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: My hood alternative idea   My hood alternative idea Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2012, 6:26 am

The grill is cast iron and I was thinking of welding pins on there and drillin holes in the old hood to put it on there when it's raining
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: My hood alternative idea   My hood alternative idea Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2012, 8:19 am

yea that would work idnt kno it it was fiberglass i was gunna say if it was in a rollover most likly it brake but being its the good old thick cast ull be good lol
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: My hood alternative idea   My hood alternative idea Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2012, 10:12 pm

At one point I was thinking of cutting a 30 gallon drum down to make a hood. I think I'm going to reuse my bent hood.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My hood alternative idea   My hood alternative idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My hood alternative idea
Page 1 of 1