All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

idea for 4WD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsmanKid1
CraftsmanKid1

idea for 4WD Empty
PostSubject: idea for 4WD   idea for 4WD Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 11:38 am

ok so i got this older craftsman 6spd manual and have a idea for 4wd. if i took another rearend out of a craftsman and found someway to mount it i could run it off the deck pulley and be able to take it in and out by using the deck engage to put tension on that belt and then it would run it when i need it to and be able to take it out too. what do u guys think
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

idea for 4WD Empty
PostSubject: Re: idea for 4WD   idea for 4WD Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 4:38 pm

You would need to get a lawnmower with the mower pulley and the drive pulley to be the same size and have the pulleys on the transmissions to be the same size orelse you would have one transaxle spinning the tires(or slipping the belt) and the other one running at normal speed. Most people who do 4WD setups will use a transaxle out of a AWS lawn tractor so they still have steering and find a transaxle that would have very similar or the exact gear ratio.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
CraftsmanKid1
CraftsmanKid1

idea for 4WD Empty
PostSubject: Re: idea for 4WD   idea for 4WD Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2012, 5:45 pm

alright im just thinking around i might not make a 4wd tractor and what would u recommend for making the front end stronger and better
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

idea for 4WD Empty
PostSubject: Re: idea for 4WD   idea for 4WD Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 8:31 pm

CraftsmanKid1 wrote:
alright im just thinking around i might not make a 4wd tractor and what would u recommend for making the front end stronger and better

I would first probably recommend re-enforcing the front pivot bar by either making your own or cutting the original one up and getting some tubing to fit inside to weld in for re-enforcement. If you have a Welder thought I would probably look online for a cheap ATV with front suspension and put that on your front end. I was planning on doing that to my Toro but I just put the rear tires on the front and when I have time to find an AWS transaxle I will put that in place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Sponsored content

idea for 4WD Empty
PostSubject: Re: idea for 4WD   idea for 4WD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

idea for 4WD
Page 1 of 1