All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

ive got an idea...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nathan wilson
nathan wilson

ive got an idea... Empty
PostSubject: ive got an idea...   ive got an idea... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 4:34 pm

ive been thinking latelythat ive got the room next to my gas pedal, so why not put a brake pedal there? I think its a good idea, im not rough enough on the tractor to hit the brake by accident too often, but there is one flaw. I don't have a caliper, but, its a hydro, so I never really needed a brake, until It started to get warmagain. the clutch stops me, but idlike to make a latch so that when I park on an incline I can latch it down and leave it there without it slowly creeping down. its a 1985 Montgomery ward made by mtd, its the big kind, 23 inch rear wheels, 8 inch front wheels, stock. its got a 4 inch brake disk thati cant remove, and one bolt stuck in the transmission from the previous owner removing thecaliper. ive never really worried about it, but its been on the street more and more, to be honestit doesn't need much to be street legal! lol! ive got lights, going to have rear lights, got a radio, turn signals, throttle, so on, so forth, and what have you. but been thinking about it, any ideas? I cant weld, but I can bolt. just as good, just bulkier and removable.
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

ive got an idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ive got an idea...   ive got an idea... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 6:39 pm

We put a separate brake pedal on the same side as the gas, but closer to the driver. You just move your foot back to use brake pedal. Check the craftsman builds in my signature, there are a couple pics there.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

ive got an idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ive got an idea...   ive got an idea... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 7:59 pm

Street legality goes a lot further than lights and stuff.

Adding a new pedal wont be hard. Nobody will be able to say for sure since its all preference.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
nathan wilson
nathan wilson

ive got an idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ive got an idea...   ive got an idea... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 8:05 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Street legality goes a lot further than lights and stuff.

Adding a new pedal wont be hard. Nobody will be able to say for sure since its all preference.

I was joking about the street legality. But I just was looking for some ideas, and putting the idea out there.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

ive got an idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ive got an idea...   ive got an idea... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 8:44 pm

Ah.

I like Stretches idea. Ive also though of making a "hill stop" lever in the fender like older Murray GTs, or using the old lift lever.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
nathan wilson
nathan wilson

ive got an idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ive got an idea...   ive got an idea... Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2014, 8:54 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
Ah.

I like Stretches idea. Ive also though of making a "hill stop" lever in the fender like older Murray GTs, or using the old lift lever.
Not a bad idea. I may try to get one of those cable splitters, two lines to one. Then do the lever too. Eventually..... but for now I gotta work on getting a caliper. Ive asked darron and hes looking into it. I Need to get the numbers off of my transmission. All I know is its a hydrostatic from 1985.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ive got an idea... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ive got an idea...   ive got an idea... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ive got an idea...
Page 1 of 1