All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How do you set up after market brakes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
arild365
arild365

How do you set up after market brakes? Empty
PostSubject: How do you set up after market brakes?   How do you set up after market brakes? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 11:09 am

hey everyone, I just wanted to know how you guys set up your after market brake and replace the stocks. All i have is the clutch/brake stock combo.

Last edited by arild365 on February 13th 2010, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: How do you set up after market brakes?   How do you set up after market brakes? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 11:53 am

arild365 wrote:
hey everyone, I just wanted to know how you guys set up your after market brake and replace the stocks. All i have is the clutch/brake stock combo.

I've not actually done mine yet. The easiest way is if you have a locked diff. That way you can have a single brake, and not two. Just buy some kind of go kart brake set up and mount it on the back axle. It should be more than enough to stop you.
As for the brake/clutch pedal, I have the same problen. Seeing as you have a gas pedal, you're gonna need some thinking.

What Im hoping to do it adjust my clutch so it will be fully disengagedwhen half pressed. I'll then attach the hyraulic 'trigger' the the brakes under that, so when you push it right down you'll have brakes. It's not ideal, but is simple if it works.

Sorry I cant be more help
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How do you set up after market brakes?   How do you set up after market brakes? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 6:58 pm

I bot two different types for my next mods- one is a manual disc and caliper and the other is a drum brake setup- id like to find a hydraulic setup/disc off a motorcycle or small car sometime- since im using a straight rear axle setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you set up after market brakes?   How do you set up after market brakes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you set up after market brakes?
Page 1 of 1