All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Extended spindles problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Murray modder
Murray modder

Extended spindles problems Empty
PostSubject: Extended spindles problems   Extended spindles problems Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2012, 11:12 pm

My mower just had its spindles extended (same way as FearlessFront's) But my front wheel ocainsionally (like 10 minutes or less of driving) it locks up. It just, wont spin at all. It started to ripp up the spindle, and I have no clue why. Maybe it's something in the rim? The spindle has been cleaned twice because of damage from it.
Back to top Go down
Craftsman Dude
Craftsman Dude

PostSubject: Re: Extended spindles problems   Extended spindles problems Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2012, 11:37 pm

Are you using double nuts ? It sounds like your nut is bieng tightened by the wheel spinning, im guesing its on the right side of your tractor.
Back to top Go down
greener179
greener179

PostSubject: Re: Extended spindles problems   Extended spindles problems Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 9:59 am

make sure if you got the back rims on the front to have alot of grease in there
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Extended spindles problems   Extended spindles problems Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2012, 12:16 pm

When i did the extended spindles on my agway, i had to cut the original washer off the back and relocate it - you want washers on both front and back of the wheel, to lock the wheel on you need two nuts locked together or a nylock nut or drill it for a pin.

It sounds like the wheel is moving around too much on the spindle and 'getting stuck' - dont over tighten the locknuts on the wheel either- it needs a lil movement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extended spindles problems   Extended spindles problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extended spindles problems
Page 1 of 1