All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+208
Budget_gokart
MOWERMAN
Exial
MowMoneyMowersports
Rustbucket Garage
mihai.salajan
deerhunter
loggers gogert
Jawz
RedDirtOkie
Murraymountain
oilyd
74sears
yeethaw
Mister_Studabaker
Tour1
Daryl
Troy_cargile
Eat my moto dust
prancstaman
Glock17
Crazy_Carl
itsBella
tinkering bob
AllisKidD21
CraftsmanQuad19
Double W Cross Ranch
Kinky_Dee
Buck
Mow Money Mods
Warren Evans
MightyRaze
RichieRichOverdrive
muckmudd
Xranger79
biggasmowers
86jeepcomanchex
Margemower7
brooke&simon
Diamond_Jim
Off Road Domination
mowerheadder
Roger5580
T-Rex
Braden.H
MURRAY MUD MOWER
Crafty
steeldaytonas
marmower
parrafin23
Vortec7622
MatthewD
mikesmower98
thewisconsinredneck5160
chuck c
the old guy
Airman 74
MasonMcK
Icecream4070
N1ck
General Lager
ZSmachines
willysjeepmb
chevy8988
MurryMaddnes
vinsanity
willis923
Lawren Wimberly
dmania42
TrailMaker
MOWERMASTER98
tanis
WilliesBuilds
BigFerg1993
craftsmanracer2918
appmed
Creepycrawler
dwcopple
kawasaki220
aaronbtxnc
simplicity14twin
Moose
dmljd110
Rkeefe99
Craftsman1998
Bobtown Bob
opposedstroker17.5
Poulanmowerman
mr.modified
T-Dub13
bubba
farmall guy
1997 Murray
tractor_guy
slim67
slattz
jsisti845
countryboy1995
meigs man
Speedfreek241
k2500life
Kody6
rchammer
motorizedeverything
craftsmancole
(509)Mowers
toxicskull326
ripcord01
sbspence
fletch6393
73greenacresrer
redlinemotorsportts
dukas
Jeep_MTD
the beast
Jerbear0612
Ariens YT11
Doc Sprocket
Geir Andersen
Sears 14/6 romper
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
fudmucker1
RCR
dc5000123
theswampmachine
GreaseRhino0310
Murray modder
cumminsbayou
bautwell
bigdaddysroadservice
dylansrockinrigs
muddstir
Raabe Racing
racer62
felixroosty
Chuckie25
coopsherm
grizzlydan
richie thomas
SweEric
D.U.B.S.
mudmonkey06
1999craftsman13hp
06CCDMAX
jack9102
Red C-120
TractorManR&R
bearded man
590gav
mazdaman222
xxXMowerdudeXxx
WellThatsSurprising
Kel
pullingtractorbuilder
truckin42
Tractor Man Jeff
shauncarlyn
TheEquineFencer
ukmudder
Thunderdivine
genegillis5
murraymnan96
CornishMorgan
tractor_man2012
lawnguy17
crafsmankiller
MCRideout
gearheadmike
davidgt6000
richierich
JAWOOD1617
Boogger31
greener179
TheRainbowBoxer
freetroy
tractorboy567
Doug
Steve in Tennessee
ibdalovely1
Wvburban
offroadredneck
Chopperhed
Junkstarbuilds
AcreFarm
widebody
Bigal
canadianromper
gilsonrumbler
goesman
MSteele323
dirtybird
product
xXThExRel3eLXx
dangeroustoys56
85craftsman
southernkilowatt
dugan978
madmowerz
DICE464
blanket80
arild365
NZHproduction
Jamus
iadata
indianaboy93
CraftsMAN
CMHN
noledroByrreK
212 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
felixroosty

Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Felix from Georgia   Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 9:07 pm

Hey Everybody! My name's Felix and im new to all of this romping. Im a mtx racer and im lookin into buying cheap mower to modify and setup for some nice offroad in my backyard trails! Any ideas on mower and setup? I have around 3oo dollars to invest in total and my knowledge on Mower mechanics is quite small. Thanks!

Surprised
Back to top Go down
racer62

PostSubject: New tractor   Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 9:10 pm

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have recentley purchased this tractor, a murray riding mower, 12.5 hp. My plans are for a racing mower. More pics to come as I complete it. Any ideas are very welcome. Can anyone help me with the pulley setup, How can I make it as fast as posible. This is my first build.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 9:14 pm

racer62 wrote:
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have recentley purchased this tractor, a murray riding mower, 12.5 hp. My plans are for a racing mower. More pics to come as I complete it. Any ideas are very welcome. Can anyone help me with the pulley setup, How can I make it as fast as posible. This is my first build.

Welcome, I'm new too and I'm also building my first racer. You can see my Pre-build log in my signature.

I'll wait for pics before I comment some more.
Back to top Go down
Raabe Racing

PostSubject: New guy on the block   Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 4:33 pm

Just joined the site. looking forward in reading all your guys posts. I'm new to this new sport , but not new to racing and building motors. Clean up week starts soon in my town and I'm sure I can pick up a few riders at out local landfill. I'm looking forward to ripping into my first build...
Back to top Go down
muddstir
muddstir

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 4:57 pm

Welcome to the forum-

What do you plan on doing for your first build?

Back to top Go down
tractorboy567
tractorboy567

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 5:20 pm

ok, you need info on the pullys, so how fast do you want it to go?
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 5:52 pm

If you want to go fast you are gonna want to modify the steering so you dont wreck it. You might want to lower the seat down too to give it a lower center of gravity, I had a 3 inch on the front and a 3 inch on the back on my first tractor and it did about 13-15 mph. I would say a 5-9 inch on the front and a 1-3 inch on the back will haul you down the road at some serious speeds, especially if you have a 6 speed tranny
Back to top Go down
Raabe Racing

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 7:48 pm

Not sure which way I'm going to go. I really like the v twin modified racers. Just not sure this old body can take the racing seen anymore. Maybe I'll still go with the v twin idea, but build it on a lifted chassis. I might run out to the landfill tomorrow and see if theirs anything in the bone yard yet...
Back to top Go down
Kel
Kel

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 8:19 pm

Welcome to the forum..cant wait to see it!!...XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtrememowermayhem.com
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2013, 10:44 pm

Welcome to the fourm.
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 6:16 am

hi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Old Dawg, New Tricks   Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 12:20 pm

Names Prometheus, ppl just call me Pro. Long time nickname. Anyway, been modding mowers since I was a kid, although it wasn't until the last 8 or 9 years I learned to do it safely - or at least moderately so.
Just got rid of a bunch of my mower builds (had 9) and am down to 2. One is a Snapper front engine rider built for speed (still mostly stock other than locked rear that was originally hydrostat and is now a 5 speed peerless running same pulleys), mild built 16.5 ohv briggs, foot throttle and some other small enhancements. Ugly as sin, but it wasnt meant to be pretty, it was meant to be fast.

Second build is a project in the making ... Murry Widebody (sound familiar FearlessFront?) hydro that will get a similar rear end swap to what the Snapper got, but with a 6 speed transaxle instead. It will also get a stronger motor, and the body likely dropped onto a modified Yamaha YFM200 moto-4 frame for a decent lift (and be solid/safe to boot). It will probably incorporate the original direct steering of the YFM200 and utilize the front drum brakes of it as well. It in the long run will be a monster mower project that is off-road capable, not just for show. In other words, lifted with some meat for tires, but not insanely tall. Being 35 years old, falling off of something hurts no matter what, falling off of some of those 6-7-8 ft monsters seen on youtube would be crippling jocolor ...

Anyway, glad to be a part of this little family.
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 12:24 pm

prometheusEDI wrote:
Names Prometheus, ppl just call me Pro. Long time nickname. Anyway, been modding mowers since I was a kid, although it wasn't until the last 8 or 9 years I learned to do it safely - or at least moderately so.
Just got rid of a bunch of my mower builds (had 9) and am down to 2. One is a Snapper front engine rider built for speed (still mostly stock other than locked rear that was originally hydrostat and is now a 5 speed peerless running same pulleys), mild built 16.5 ohv briggs, foot throttle and some other small enhancements. Ugly as sin, but it wasnt meant to be pretty, it was meant to be fast.

Second build is a project in the making ... Murry Widebody (sound familiar FearlessFront?) hydro that will get a similar rear end swap to what the Snapper got, but with a 6 speed transaxle instead. It will also get a stronger motor, and the body likely dropped onto a modified Yamaha YFM200 moto-4 frame for a decent lift (and be solid/safe to boot). It will probably incorporate the original direct steering of the YFM200 and utilize the front drum brakes of it as well. It in the long run will be a monster mower project that is off-road capable, not just for show. In other words, lifted with some meat for tires, but not insanely tall. Being 35 years old, falling off of something hurts no matter what, falling off of some of those 6-7-8 ft monsters seen on youtube would be crippling jocolor ...

Anyway, glad to be a part of this little family.

welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 12:25 pm

Welcome to the fourm.
Sound like you have some cool projects going on.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 12:26 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 4:00 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
bigdaddysroadservice

PostSubject: southern kentucky any body close   Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 9:22 pm

New to the mower mudding but im jumping in both feet got a murry lifted the front 3 inches welded transaxle have new pulleys coming so i can speed her up a little
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 9:34 pm

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy!

We have a thread already about people's locations...

https://www.atltf.com/t849-where-is-everybody-located

...might want to post this question there.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 9:37 pm

bigdaddysroadservice wrote:
New to the mower mudding but im jumping in both feet got a murry lifted the front 3 inches welded transaxle have new pulleys coming so i can speed her up a little
welcome sounds like you have a good set up be sure to post some pictures sometime
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2013, 11:08 pm

truckin42 wrote:
Welcome to the fourm.
Sound like you have some cool projects going on.

Thanks. They are always cooler in my head jocolor but I try to pull off 1-2 projects a year. My best I think was a simplicity 7012 hydro, turned into a "street rod". HUGE low-profile tires on the back (I think 305 width), some white wall golf cart tires up front, 2" exhaust with harley davidson slip-on muffler, Onan CCW 28hp (or so) crammed into that frame. Wasn't too fast, but had enough power to pull just about anything, anywhere.

That was probably my coolest project, and what got the whole thing started. I built a turbo-diesel john deere mower since, a murray racer, a 60's era sears racer... and yeah. Will start getting pics up of the latest projects once I get them cleaned up from sitting all winter.
Back to top Go down
bautwell
bautwell

PostSubject: north alabama   Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 12:17 am

hey guys from north alabama and new to the off road lt stuff... anyone close and doing any rides anywhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: mudding mowers   Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 11:47 am

Hey my name is Taylor and I want to know if any one on here is Frome Caro mi or near Caro mi
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 2:02 pm

Hey welcome to the forum, here's a crazy thunderish idea, why not set the post title to Anyone in Caro MI or similar. More chance then I bet.
Back to top Go down
Kel
Kel

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 6:02 pm

welcome bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.xtrememowermayhem.com
cumminsbayou
cumminsbayou

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 6:44 pm

hey man welcome to the forum in in south alabama, I think there is a few in north alabama on here tho you should check out murray mayhem on youtube he is in north alabama
Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Murray modder

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 6:52 pm

Theres a map floating around here with the locations of the members, (Treasure map to me Very Happy) Ill see if I can dig it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!    Introduce yourself!  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next