All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

i blew the trans in my mudder:(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
243generallee
243generallee

i blew the trans in my mudder:( Empty
PostSubject: i blew the trans in my mudder:(   i blew the trans in my mudder:( Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 3:40 pm

while driving my lawnmower i shifted to 6th gear and the tires locked up in the rear then a loud bang and it was moving again after looking at the underside it started to smoke A LOT of smoke so i have a winter project sence i have 2ft+ of snow. it drifts good haha
Back to top Go down
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: i blew the trans in my mudder:(   i blew the trans in my mudder:( Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 5:01 pm

Ouch that's not good. How did you do it? Too much speed? torque?
Back to top Go down
Craftsman Dude
Craftsman Dude

PostSubject: Re: i blew the trans in my mudder:(   i blew the trans in my mudder:( Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 5:37 pm

I did that once it hurt I slide forward into the steering wheel OUCH . I thought my trans was screwed took it apart and the snap ring holding the gear to the pinion broke, and the pinion gear got stuck under the rest of the gears but nothing else was broken. So I got another snap ring and put the gear back on the pinion inspected everything seemed ok so I put it back in and im still running it I couldnt believe nothiing else was broken . You may or may not be able to fix yours but pull it apart and see hey its allready broken.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: i blew the trans in my mudder:(   i blew the trans in my mudder:( Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 6:29 pm

Thats a bummer. It usually cheaper to buy a whole nother mower for parts then to buy just a trans. If its really cold, I will let mine warm up by letting it run about half throttle in neutral with the clutch engaged. Just to get things movin
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
243generallee
243generallee

PostSubject: Re: i blew the trans in my mudder:(   i blew the trans in my mudder:( Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 6:56 pm

well it goes 20mph and it was bound to go there not made for what we do with them haha and my diff is welded so its solid it still has all forward and reverse gears so it may need a new case ill make a video on it when i get a good camera any good under $70 video cameras?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: i blew the trans in my mudder:(   i blew the trans in my mudder:( Icon_minitimeJanuary 2nd 2013, 7:04 pm

I just use a standard digital camera. Bought it about a year ago for $40. Its not the best but it could be worse.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i blew the trans in my mudder:(   i blew the trans in my mudder:( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i blew the trans in my mudder:(
Page 1 of 1