All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL

Go down 
+3
MowBandit
motorizedeverything
thepossumface
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thepossumface
thepossumface

Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Empty
PostSubject: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 9:48 pm

HEY Guys im from florida and ive always been into offroading/racing stuff and I was given a mower by my papa, and I wanted to do this thing right cause lord knows i will break the hell out of this thing like everything else I own haha,
I also am picking up a Troy Built mower for 20 bucks runs and has the deck and all! couldnt pass it up so ill use that as my back up toy lol, and so my buddys can pull me out my ditches I seem to always get stuck in rofl.
the one I am currently working on is a old 80s style Rally (green) with a B&S motor, it hasnt ran in YEARS (like 10 or better) seems to be good other than a carb cleaned.
Any ideas on what I should do with these as far as offroading/speed?
Back to top Go down
motorizedeverything
motorizedeverything

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 9:52 pm

gas pedal
lock the transaxle
pully swap
get rid of safty switches
and but the brake and clutch seperate
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 9:59 pm

Welcome to the forms Very Happy
1:gas pedal is a must for me
2:lock the transaxle ONLY if you want posi
3:pulley swap is a must
4: get rid of them crappy safty switches
5: have fun tearing up the lawn wth your mower lol
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 10:12 pm

thanks guys I dont even think mine has safty switches on it? Ive only messed with a mower once and never did put it back together haha, but my pully swap will come tomorrow! and a battery to see if the motor will run first.
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 10:19 pm

thepossumface wrote:
thanks guys I dont even think mine has safty switches on it? Ive only messed with a mower once and never did put it back together haha, but my pully swap will come tomorrow! and a battery to see if the motor will run first.
what kind of engine?
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 10:22 pm

its a Briggs and Stratton 11hp and I have a extra 10 HP one he gave me, im hoping to make 1 at least run and use the other for parts,
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2013, 11:43 pm

thepossumface wrote:
its a Briggs and Stratton 11hp and I have a extra 10 HP one he gave me, im hoping to make 1 at least run and use the other for parts,
seems like a good plan
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 9:28 am

is there any pics or know hows to make a gas peddle? Im tearing the rear out today to swap pullys/
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Where in Florida?   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 12:04 pm

I have 3 offroad mowers and have a friend with 2 and his neighbor has 2. We live in New Smyrna. PM me if you want to respond. Smile
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: CraftsmanCole   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 12:05 pm

What type mower is the one you got for free?
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 1:48 pm

thepossumface wrote:
is there any pics or know hows to make a gas peddle? Im tearing the rear out today to swap pullys/
you can go on youtube and search how to do lawnmower gas pedal fearless front uses brake levers off of bikes as a gas pedal but i use gokart pedals Smile
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:15 pm

PM sent my friend!
But the free one is a Rally, its a cool old mower. I havent got to tinker with that one yet as im trying to swap pullys in mine and get it ready to ride,
what did you guys run in pully size? cause from what i was told I have to swap the front and the one on the transmission?
cause mine is ran by 2 belts unsure why though.
here is some pic 's if it helps any
Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Jsshkj
Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Jkfdjkfds
Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Getattachment.aspx
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:23 pm

Interesting... not sure what the point is of the two stage belt system there.

As far as gas pedals, you can look at my build and see how Stretch and I make gas pedals out of scrap that is laying around LOL

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:28 pm

thepossumface wrote:
PM sent my friend!
But the free one is a Rally, its a cool old mower. I havent got to tinker with that one yet as im trying to swap pullys in mine and get it ready to ride,
what did you guys run in pully size? cause from what i was told I have to swap the front and the one on the transmission?
cause mine is ran by 2 belts unsure why though.
here is some pic 's if it helps any
Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Jsshkj
Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Jkfdjkfds
Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Getattachment.aspx
hate to break it to ya but that is called a vari drive the transaxe it self it only has foward and reverse what makes them go fast is that double pulley setup theplate goes down and the belt moves out as the pulley goes down if i was you i would swap it for something else but i run a 3" pulley on my mower and a 5 1/2 with a 1" bore that pulley on that transaxle you got is 5/8's bore but its splind you could change that transaxle pulley to a 3" and maybe youll have some speed
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:35 pm

huh cool, so would i leave the front pully the same? and just swap the one on the trans axle?
also this thing only runs on choke for some reason, once i open up the throttle it dies, Ive only delt with car carbs so im kinda new to the mower stuff and how it works lol
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:44 pm

thepossumface wrote:
huh cool, so would i leave the front pully the same? and just swap the one on the trans axle?
also this thing only runs on choke for some reason, once i open up the throttle it dies, Ive only delt with car carbs so im kinda new to the mower stuff and how it works lol
well you could up grade your engine pulley only if you wanna go faster and go on youtube about your carb it sounds like its clogged our gunk in it
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:48 pm

might as well upgrade it while its apart haha, what would all I have to do/ take out?
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:56 pm

thepossumface wrote:
might as well upgrade it while its apart haha, what would all I have to do/ take out?
well the engine pulley there should just be a bolt on the bottom of the pulley remove it and the pulley should come off now the rear pulley remove that nut ad try to get som wd-40 or oil down in the threads so the pulley will just slide off some times the pulleys are rusted on so you gotta use a hammer
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 3:01 pm

got ya, I got the front one pulled off already and the one on the trans was unbolted but started raining cats and dogs so im waiting for it to stop,
but do i leave the other pullys there? i see one is for the clutch, should i just run a belt from the front to the back and just have 1 belt?
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 3:08 pm

thepossumface wrote:
got ya, I got the front one pulled off already and the one on the trans was unbolted but started raining cats and dogs so im waiting for it to stop,
but do i leave the other pullys there? i see one is for the clutch, should i just run a belt from the front to the back and just have 1 belt?
no i wouldnt run a single belt with a varidive setup afteryou upgrade the pulleys messure for newbelts and go get new belts
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 7:08 pm

ok well today ended up pretty crappy cause I found out they dont even make a pully for my transmission ive been to a few mower shops and everyone there is about dumb as a door, does anyone have any idea were I can get one?
here is a adaptor i took off the trans,
Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Kjdslkfsd
Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Pully
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 7:56 pm

thepossumface wrote:

At the end of the day, a carb is a carb. They do the same thing for the same reason. Your engine only runs on the choke because the carb's junked up and needs a thorough cleaning. With the jet half plugged, it's just too lean. Putting the choke on helps bring the mixture into the stoich range so it can run.

Regarding the pulley- If you can weld, go buy a weld-on pulley in whatever size you want, and zap it to that splined hub.
Back to top Go down
thepossumface
thepossumface

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 8:10 pm

sadly i dont have a welder or know how to yet..so i guess ill be moving on to the other mower till i figure something out,
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 8:23 pm

mine had the double pully, vari-drive, I swapped it all out
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 8:26 pm

thepossumface wrote:
sadly i dont have a welder or know how to yet..so i guess ill be moving on to the other mower till i figure something out,

Do you know anybody that you can ask/hire/give free beer to?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL   Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just another Redneck in Florida here LOL
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next