All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?

Go down 
+8
Moose
craftsmancole
TroyBilt Pony
Thunderdivine
k2500life
Doc Sprocket
redlinemotorsportts
WilliesBuilds
12 posters
AuthorMessage
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Empty
PostSubject: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 9:15 pm

I had a lot of tire clearance issues but I managed to fix that. I need an idea for a hanger to support it , also is this exhaust long enough so I don't burn my valves and such? any feedback is appreciated .
Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? P6250410
Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? P6250411
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 9:18 pm

im not shure where you wheel but I knoe my exhust is to low, if I go over a hill on mine it hits the pipe first. Yours looks good. Just grind down the welds and paint, and done! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 9:20 pm

Looks pretty good to me. Similar to what I did. Weld a tab to it 1/2 to 3/4 of the way back, and bracket it to the frame. You might want to cut open the last joint in a pie-shape and tuck the pipe up tighter.

As for the burnt valve thing- you have WAAAY too much pipe to worry about that. Not to crack open a can of worms or anything, but I have run open headers 6" and even shorter (and MANY times over MANY years) and NEVER had one'a those mythical unicorn burnt valve problems...
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 9:39 pm

Quote :
Doc Sprocket wrote:

Looks pretty good to me. Similar to what I did. Weld a tab to it 1/2 to 3/4 of the way back, and bracket it to the frame. You might want to cut open the last joint in a pie-shape and tuck the pipe up tighter.

As for the burnt valve thing- you have WAAAY too much pipe to worry about that. Not to crack open a can of worms or anything, but I have run open headers 6" and even shorter (and MANY times over MANY years) and NEVER had one'a those mythical unicorn burnt valve problems...

I agree 100% I have been running open headers too and never burnt my valves up
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 9:45 pm

How does it sound? that is the question.
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2013, 10:44 pm

ok thanks for the advice guys ! tomorrow I will try to get a video up of the exhaust on my youtube channel lol!
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 11:05 am

here is the video test guys !
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 11:12 am

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2013, 10:12 pm

Id have that ripped off in ten minutes lol.. I tend to keep my exhausts under the hood and above the wheels
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 1:08 am

I agree with pony, but it does sound nice
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2013, 6:19 am

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 9:31 am

i DONT Think i ever put a pic up here of my new exhaust i made a while ago to replace that one ill put it up later
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 10:54 am

sounds good! Very Happy just needs to be painted red! lol so it stands out
Back to top Go down
MurrayMayhem
MurrayMayhem

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 8:24 pm

If you still have this engine, I had one and I'll tell you what, them things are built tough. I don't care what anyone says, it may say 12.5hp, but that thing will go. Just don't do less than 8 inches of exhaust, because I did, and my valves didn't burn up, but the connecting rod blew into 3 pieces, but only had minor scoring on the crank, and didn't blow through the engine, I re-used the block on another 12.5hp.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 8:42 pm

MurrayMayhem wrote:
If you still have this engine, I had one and I'll tell you what, them things are built tough. I don't care what anyone says, it may say 12.5hp, but that thing will go. Just don't do less than 8 inches of exhaust, because I did, and my valves didn't burn up, but the connecting rod blew into 3 pieces, but only had minor scoring on the crank, and didn't blow through the engine, I re-used the block on another 12.5hp.

Your exhaust had nothing to do with your internal failure. Please try to avoid misleading the public!
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 8:53 pm

i thinkby yhe pic it is obvious that it is longer than 8"...
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:59 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
MurrayMayhem wrote:

Your exhaust had nothing to do with your internal failure. Please try to avoid misleading the public!
Ill second that doc
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Established Member
T-Dub13
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2014, 4:04 pm

WilliesBuilds wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:
MurrayMayhem wrote:

Ill second that doc

Yeah, anyone can clearly see that the cause was a bad connection between the seat and the steering wheel!   lol! cheers lol! 

Pipe sounds great!  Cool Also if you look up Doc's flatty build, I put the part numbers in there for the upgraded con rod and dog bone... Just in case you want to rev it to the max without a worry.  Cool Wink 
Back to top Go down
Lawren Wimberly
Established Member
Lawren Wimberly
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2014, 4:12 pm

WilliesBuilds wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:
MurrayMayhem wrote:

Ill second that doc

and I'll third that
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2014, 8:24 pm

Lawren Wimberly wrote:
WilliesBuilds wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:
MurrayMayhem wrote:

Ill second that doc

and I'll third that
and I'll forth that
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2014, 8:39 am

T-Dub13 wrote:
WilliesBuilds wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:
MurrayMayhem wrote:

Ill second that doc

Yeah, anyone can clearly see that the cause was a bad connection between the seat and the steering wheel!   lol! cheers lol! 

Pipe sounds great!  Cool  Also if you look up Doc's flatty build, I put the part numbers in there for the upgraded con rod and dog bone...  Just in case you want to rev it to the max without a worry.   Cool Wink 

Yea t dub thanks ive been looking at that im just saving up some cash if it werent for these dang bills i would have had it lol
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Established Member
T-Dub13
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2014, 9:07 am

Right-on brotha. All you need is the rod from B&S and the bone from ACR. And a little RTV silicone to seal her up again. Well, I guess you'd need a head gasket too, but anyway, it's a fairly cheap insurance if you're as tough on equipment as I am.  Cool Laughing Razz 
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2014, 9:13 am

Yup i also found a bone on another website without a minimum order

http://eccarburetors.com/store/billet-counter-weight-link.html
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Established Member
T-Dub13
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2014, 10:09 am

Sick! cheers  Can you add that on the Flatty build thread for future reference?  Cool 
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2014, 10:17 am

yup will do thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?   Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Made a new exhaust today , what do yall think?
Page 1 of 1