All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

the last couple days

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

the last couple days Empty
PostSubject: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 4:01 am

J*, atltf members, friends :

By now its been well talked about what went wrong in chat that resulted in a few people leaving. I left - and some followed. I realize this is bad for the forum here and while I will not turn my back on my own forum (which is gaining members at a rate of 10 every 24 hours - not bad) I know I'm wanted here as well by a few members. To quote one "(atltf) was like my home and like half my family left". I can't do that to that member just because I have a bad day or some member rattles another member, or rattles me. This is not my site, but there are people far more needed than I am here and they chose to follow me elsewhere it is my hope they'll follow me back when they're needed. I'll leave the chat moderating to them, do my job here (if I still have one) and go on trying to stay more low-key. (the way I prefer).

To those that witnessed the incident - I am sorry not for my actions in it, but for giving the other a reason to commit me to those actions. We, the moderators in chat that night went about it the wrong way entirely in dealing with that user. I in particular. To note - that is not an apology.

cmmoa may be new but is not a clone. easy to have similar features using the same host. I was building the concept and whatnot before i ever found this fine place. I decided to further its development in case I really needed to leave or was told to (shrugs)

Will NOT happen again.

Last edited by prometheusEDI on August 6th 2013, 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
matt-man
matt-man

PostSubject: Re: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 12:34 pm

afro 
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 1:10 pm

What's with the drama? And what is this other site I am hearing about?

This isn't for aimed at anyone....We have kids and adults hear, but everyone needs to act like an adult. EVERYTHING you say on the internet is forever. Chat also! So whenever you type anything, be thinking about others reading it, and associating what was said with you.

Still have fun, BS, and tell jokes, just don't think it is between you and whoever, it is you and the world. Don't be insulting other members!

You have to be a little off to make a mower off road or fast, so we are all a little weird. No need to get upset over something somebody said that lives 500 miles away.

Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 1:38 pm

Its nice to hear someone admitting they made a mistake in the way they handled things.  I for one appreciate what you bring to the forum, and am happy that you aren't leaving.  

Maybe we can all take this as a bit of a lesson to keep our heads and realize that arguing over technicalities with regards to a hobby is not terribly productive, and just makes for rough feelings.  Discussions about different approaches to things and differences in knowledge/belief about the right way to go about things should be encouraged, but lets understand that just because any one person believes they are right, there is no reason to get angry if someone disagrees.

Now sit down, hold hands, and sing with me....  "Kumbaya....."

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
matt-man
matt-man

PostSubject: Re: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 2:05 pm

As I was the one or one of the ones to start this uproar I am sorry to any of those that have been hurt by this my intent was not to cause anyone to leave I do not want anyone to leave it is like a family here to me we are all brothers and sisters of the addiction and Pro you said you had your own site what is it? If you have a problem with me or you were one of the ones in the chat room that night PLEASE feel free to PM me and again I am sorry to everyone who was affected by this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 2:57 pm

Stretch44875 wrote:
What's with the drama?  And what is this other site I am hearing about?

This isn't for aimed at anyone....We have kids and adults hear, but everyone needs to act like an adult.  EVERYTHING you say on the internet is forever.  Chat also!  So whenever you type anything, be thinking about others reading it, and associating what was said with you.

Still have fun, BS, and tell jokes, just don't think it is between you and whoever, it is you and the world.  Don't be insulting other members!

You have to be a little off to make a mower off road or fast, so we are all a little weird.  No need to get upset over something somebody said that lives 500 miles away.

Well. You hit it right on the head - I LEFT because I did NOT want to say what I knew was about to come from my fingers on the keyboard and if I had my leaving would have been forced and much more ugly.
Back to top Go down
matt-man
matt-man

PostSubject: Re: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 3:06 pm

Pro can you PM me?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 3:16 pm

TheRainbowBoxer wrote:
Its nice to hear someone admitting they made a mistake in the way they handled things.  I for one appreciate what you bring to the forum, and am happy that you aren't leaving.  

Maybe we can all take this as a bit of a lesson to keep our heads and realize that arguing over technicalities with regards to a hobby is not terribly productive, and just makes for rough feelings.  Discussions about different approaches to things and differences in knowledge/belief about the right way to go about things should be encouraged, but lets understand that just because any one person believes they are right, there is no reason to get angry if someone disagrees.

Now sit down, hold hands, and sing with me....  "Kumbaya....."

I will put it to you this way my friend - It was one of those "well I can't walk away from the problem itself, so I walk away from the whole d*** thing."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last couple days   the last couple days Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the last couple days
Page 1 of 1