All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Hobart auto-dark welding helmet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Hobart auto-dark welding helmet Empty
PostSubject: Hobart auto-dark welding helmet   Hobart auto-dark welding helmet Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2013, 12:38 pm

I got this hood for christmas last year, and i've built a few projects with it, among random fab work. im very happy with it, super light, solid heavy duty headgear, decent viewing window and responsive darkening. it has a shade control, sensitivity control and a delay for welding mesh or spot welding. i have used it with flux core welding, stick welding, oxy-actelene welding/brazing and cutting. also use it with my angle grinder sometimes. i wish it had a grind mode, because it will sometimes darken while grinding, but not a big deal. you CAN get different filters, as well as change the clear lenses. highly reccomend it. here is the helmet seen at TSC- http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/hobart-variable-shade-auto-darkening-welding-helmet-black
i see the updated price is $130. when i got mine it was about 80, so i'd wait for it to come on sale.
here is a few pics of me welding with it.

Hobart auto-dark welding helmet Weld2_zps4f554eae

Hobart auto-dark welding helmet Oxy_zpsc0820530

Hobart auto-dark welding helmet Oxy2_zps550635ff

Last edited by willis923 on December 11th 2013, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Craftsman Dude
Craftsman Dude

PostSubject: Re: Hobart auto-dark welding helmet   Hobart auto-dark welding helmet Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2013, 3:34 pm

I bought one very similar from tsc except mine has grind mode. Very nice helmet ive used it for mig, flux core , and stick welding used it to cut with torches and grind also. My only comlaint is the way the bottom of the helmet comes out because ive caught the bottom of it before with the electrode holder while stick welding. Here is a link to mine   http://www.tractorsupply.com//ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&parent_category_rn=&top_category=&langId=-1&urlLangId=&categoryId=183&storeId=10151&urlRequestType=Base&productId=182486
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member
TroyBilt Pony
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hobart auto-dark welding helmet   Hobart auto-dark welding helmet Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2013, 4:21 pm

I use the same one at work all the time, its great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobart auto-dark welding helmet   Hobart auto-dark welding helmet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobart auto-dark welding helmet
Page 1 of 1