All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

locked my transaxle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SoaresMudder94
SoaresMudder94

locked my transaxle Empty
PostSubject: locked my transaxle   locked my transaxle Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 5:32 pm

its a 6 speed transaxle 5 forward 1 reverse. I recently locked it by welding the spider gears. cleaned it all up n put new grease. i put it all back to gether and it seems relle right. compared to before? i cant even push it when its in neutral, so did u put too much grease? or what could it be? also the belt slips on the front pully a bit when starting in 5th too bc the transaxle is too tight? is there any possible fix for it to make it looser?
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: locked my transaxle   locked my transaxle Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 6:29 pm

Happens to me alot, first off, make sure all washers/spacers are in correctly, and make sure all the nubs on the bushings fit into their slots, otherwise you'll have damaged bushings compressed on the shafts stopping it from turning. If all that checks out, put the case back together hand tight, and run it thru all the gears by hand making sure they turn freely, and gradually re-tighten the bolts in a criss-cross pattern. It can be a pain to keep the bushings lined up, but a little RTV sealant on the outside to help keep them glued in the casing helps!
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: locked my transaxle   locked my transaxle Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 6:34 pm

FYI its a 5 speed, a 6 speed would have 6 forward gears
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: locked my transaxle   locked my transaxle Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2010, 11:51 pm

I had that issue with a 5 speed in my stocker mower an 88 kleen kut ( call it a dynamark) - i took it apart because it wouldnt shift right, cleaned it all out, put new oil in it, and now you cant hardly push it in neutral, altho just driving it, theres no issues. I had it apart like 4 times since - i eventually took the motor and deck off it and parked it out back because i was irratated with it , and it was was having some starting issues from sitting anyway. when i run out of things to do, ill drag it back out and take the whole trans apart again n see whats up with it.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: locked my transaxle   locked my transaxle Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2010, 10:00 am

when i rebuilt my six speed spicer tranny i had the same problem, the wheels would just drag as i pushed it, and i thought i did something wrong, i teally thought i did things right so i thought what the hell, i jumped on my tractor, fired her up put her into 3rd and let out the clutch, at first she stuggled a bit but the 12.5 hp briggs freed the tranny up and ive never had any more problems Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: locked my transaxle   locked my transaxle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

locked my transaxle
Page 1 of 1