All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.  Empty
PostSubject: Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.    Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.  Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 8:08 am

I would just like to remind people about old threads, sometimes you see someone wipe cobwebs and give a suggestion to say a problem thread that is 5 months old.

Now, i dont see a issue trying to make a good suggestion on how to fix a problem that might be not your every day "bad coil" or something, like a carb that is defective for something.

Maybe if someone wanted to help someone out with a not-so-everyday problem, make a thread and so others can look up and read it before asking whats wrong. Thanks!  santa 
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Established Member
Creepycrawler
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.    Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.  Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 9:00 am

Red, I respectfully disagree. I run into this a lot searching for info to fix stuff on cars/trucks. Instead of just one thread with everyone chiming in on there solution to the problem, you get 18 threads you have to search through because people are afraid of bringing up a old thread, just because its old. IMHO its much better to keep all the info in one thread, to make it easier for others to find the info to fix there own problem.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.    Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.  Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 9:19 am

Theres a fine line. If the last post in a thread is over a year old, dont revive it unless its absolutely nessecary. If its a few months, its ok. Bit dont ppst repeat advice in old threads.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.    Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.  Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 11:30 am

Its not so bad if the new poster has genuinely valuable information to add, it can indeed make future searches more fruitful. However- lots of times dead threads are bumped for no good at all. This gets infuriating after awhile. We got so tired of it on DIYGK that we recently set threads to auto-lock after 6 months of inactivity. If there is a need after that time to add to it, the staff are more than willing to unlock it again.
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Established Member
Creepycrawler
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.    Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.  Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 1:25 pm

"bumping" old threads is annoying, I agree with that
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.    Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.  Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 11:02 pm

Hmmm, I guess i have to see it from other points of views, it does get frustrating when someone says "i have no spark" (finds out its a bad coil) Tells people that they resolved the problem and 5 months later people are still suggesting things, but like doug said theres a fine line. I guess, yes it can be good, or bad, just every situation is different.  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.    Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crusty, oldy, moldy threads.
Page 1 of 1