All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - TBA.
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!

Share | 

"Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Well atlest we got to see how tall my buggy is compared to me since I'm about 6ft and it's 8ft . Can't wait till we finish these
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:21 pm

Please tell my youre cutting that front bumper down lol its longer then my hole mower!

ATLTF.com Facebook admin - Forum Mod
ban doug fackler for forever
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Hey! That's why he calls it dont judge lol
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:33 pm

@k2500life wrote:
Hey! That's why he calls it dont judge lol
Ok, well, i SUGGEST he trims that bumper. Unless he wants to bring his family romping with him or something

Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Haha yeah
Back to top Go down
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 pm

The bumper is on it because it's a counter weight that's why it's so far forward it's because I have a 7ft long 6ft wide deck and well when I put all my stuff on it and it rolls that's probably gonna be the piece that saves my behind
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:35 pm

how do you keep from rolling them over sideways on anything other than flat ground? not being a jerk, just truly curious?
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:17 am

The wide offset tires
Back to top Go down
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:53 pm

I also made my deck wider then my wheels just by a little bit and if it rolls on it's side the bumper and deck will keep it from flipping
Back to top Go down
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Any input on what we could add ?
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:41 pm

@CHEVYKID wrote:
Any input on what we could add ?
I guess always bracing. Id improve steering, make it bullet prof. Improve clutch and maybe pulleys.

Back to top Go down
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:45 pm

I have full metal pullys and my frame is boxed I'm deffinelty stiffening up the steering and suspension I thought about running a double clutch so I get more grip going threw water since I'm putting about a 3inch pully but any ideas help because these are truly gonna go threw water over the engine so I'm doing strait pipes out the back lol
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Red, the decks and uprights aren't done yet we still have to put more uprights in still have alot more bracing going into it
Back to top Go down
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 pm

And exhaust and wiring and painting a lot left to do
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:57 pm

And I'm using 1 1/2in exhaust out back to a honda recon 250 muffler, I should port and polish it and hop it up a little. QUESTION!!! How much can you jet one with getting the best power and throttle response out of it, it's a briggs and Stratton 16.5hp """HIGH PERFORMANCE"""

Last edited by k2500life on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dumb phone)
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Personally is put a atv carb on it K2500. And i realize they arnt done just saying conduit isnt the most solid material but will work. What kind of deck material are you using?

Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Ply wood and I want to but I don't have one
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:46 pm

I would brace the crap out of those spindles on the one with the atv tires.
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:48 pm

Yea both are gonna be braces cause that the other one is getting atv tires too
Back to top Go down
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Here's some of the bracing still got out rights to do but atlest it's moving along
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Hey look it's me in the garage working on my foreman lol
Back to top Go down
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:48 pm

The deck is mostly in just gotta add the front ladder and rails but the bracing is done so next stop is the deck and rails
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:57 pm

while it isnt my style of a build, im glad to see you guys having fun doing it. Nice.

Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:59 pm

That isn't how mine looks though he went with the old style and I went with the new show style
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:06 pm

@k2500life wrote:
That isn't how mine looks though he went with the old style and I went with the new show style
I ment like swamp buggys or whatever in general. i know its a florda thing, so i guess i wouldnt really get it. i like rock crawling more, but thats me.

Back to top Go down
CHEVYKID
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:07 pm

Rock crawling is our next build
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build   

Back to top Go down

"Southern Styled" & "Don't Judge" Double Florida Style Swamp Buggy build
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next