All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

22" tires on a Foote transaxle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kit352

tires - 22" tires on a Foote transaxle Empty
PostSubject: 22" tires on a Foote transaxle   tires - 22" tires on a Foote transaxle Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2016, 2:53 pm

I picked up a set of cheap 22's that im going to put on my craftsman. I'm mildly concerned about it wrecking my transaxle due to the size. Should I be concerned or not? They are fairly aggressive ATV knobby tires. I have a 5" pulley out back too. I think I'm topping out at 15mph right in 5th.
Back to top Go down
kit352

PostSubject: Re: 22" tires on a Foote transaxle   tires - 22" tires on a Foote transaxle Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2016, 8:48 pm

Well to answer my it question the transaxle lasted maybe 5-10 minutes before it exploded in spectacular fashion. I'm pretty sure the spiders gears are no more.
Back to top Go down
Rockinator
Rockinator

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 22" tires on a Foote transaxle   tires - 22" tires on a Foote transaxle Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2016, 3:42 pm

Knew it!
Back to top Go down
kit352

PostSubject: Re: 22" tires on a Foote transaxle   tires - 22" tires on a Foote transaxle Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2016, 10:39 am

New spider gears and I'm rolling again. I added gear oil to the case while I was in there. It took quite a bit of abuse yesterday with no issues. I think the transaxle may have been waiting to let go when it did.
My new problem is the 22" tires give me so much more grip it launched me right into a nearby tree and bent my front frame. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

PostSubject: Re: 22" tires on a Foote transaxle   tires - 22" tires on a Foote transaxle Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2016, 10:54 pm

well mine held up fine until one day the axle broke of the spider gear

https://www.atltf.com/t3732p25-jacobsen-14hp-opposed-mud-mower-build#66984
Back to top Go down
http://gdftech.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 22" tires on a Foote transaxle   tires - 22" tires on a Foote transaxle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

22" tires on a Foote transaxle
Page 1 of 1