All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerJeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
Haspin Acres Rally 2019 June 5th - 9th... Join this growing event! Details Here!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 12:08 pm

@SebastianAlbrecht I've owned a lot of mowers over the years not counting my parents. We've had a large amount of B&S over the years and a few Kohler's. This Kohler has been the best one I've ever had. This 15hp Kohler OHV has more power than my 18hp and 17.5hp B&S OHVs. It's pressure lubed + has the look of the old flathead. It's a keeper. That is a good idea to get it running again. Always good to have back ups

Last edited by Jeremiah R. Cooper on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Crazy_Carl

Forum Rep : 135

Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 3:46 pm

What exactly is this Kohler you speak of?  Is it something like this one on my LT160?  It has full pressure lubrication, OHV, and hydraulic lifters too.
Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Img_2817
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

Forum Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 4:15 pm

@Crazy_Carl yep but mine is newer. That's why I'm keeping it. It's a excellent engine. Mine somewhere between 2003 and 2005. One thing I did not know is that it had the hydraulic lifters. They are awesome engines
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Crazy_Carl

Forum Rep : 135

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Yeah I went to adjust the valves and...yeah no adjustment required!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 186

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Yeah those are the Command series I'm pretty sure, they're darn good engines.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
        - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
        - Allis B-110, Case 444, WH 655, Bolens Versamatic -
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2019 6:37 pm

I appreciate the good news.
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 2:33 pm

Call the day I'm working on the gas tank. It was kind of a nasty. The shut-off valve on the bottom is pretty bad I'm going to try to soak it in some diesel and hopefully it cleans up so I ain't got to waste money on that. The gas can cap is what the real problem is. All the plastic on the top of the cap broke and if I keep using this water will build up on top and run straight into the tank. They don't make that part no more so I came up with an idea to use a rim cap / axle cap off of a John Deere. It slides right over and holds extremely well. I also have a old push mower cap that works well to. Can't decide which one I want cuz they're both workwell.Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Img_2027
Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Img_2025
Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Img_2026
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 186

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 3:47 pm

I would use the push mower cap, just so it won't loosen up over time or anything like that.

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
        - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
        - Allis B-110, Case 444, WH 655, Bolens Versamatic -
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 5:43 pm

@AllisKidD21 yeah sometimes it's not worth being creative.
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 12:18 am

Well I finally was able to hook the gas tank up to the Kohler for the first time ever. I tried to start the engine and nothing was happening. I will shoot starter fluid in it it would run for a little bit and it cut off. I thought it was fuel delivery. Like the fuel pump went bad or something like that but it had plenty of pressure and gas right there at the carb. Pulled carb off and there was motor oil in it. I was able to figure out why there was oil in it. So pull the engine off the John Deere back in September in the motor sat outside until January I think. Months seem to run together LOL. About 2 months ago we had a horrible windstorm and it blew the engine over on its side. The next day I picked it up I didn't think twice about. That's how oil got in the carb. Ripped it off cleaned it stuck it back on and Wala it rain. Purred like a kitten but extremely loud because there's no muffler. The starter came in the mail this afternoon. I installed that, spark plug, Gas Line Filter, air filter, pre-filter, and hook up gas tank. Gas tank is just hooked up to run it for a few minutes today that's it. 5 month old start cold start basically.Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Screen47
Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Screen48
Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Img_2028
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 2:50 am

the Oil looks grey metallic = your engine is worn inside........

I would put a Glasspack on it, so it sounds like straight piped, but quieter! Stock mower mufflers sound so crappy.....
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 3:05 am

@SebastianAlbrecht got that metallic look because of the flash on my phone and there's rainwater, gasoline, and motor oil mixed together that has been sitting in the carb for a while because my stupid butt ran out of room inside my shed so I left it outside. That's really all it is. The people that owned the John Deere before me took very good care of it. It had extremely low hours on it. For being in the old as it was.
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 3:08 am

@SebastianAlbrecht man that would sound awesome but it's not in my budget. Be sweet if I could do some trading lol. I agree 100% stock metal or exhaust sound like garbage.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 3:51 am

@Jeremiah R. Cooper wrote:
@SebastianAlbrecht got that metallic look because of the flash on my phone and there's rainwater, gasoline, and motor oil mixed together that has been sitting in the carb for a while because my stupid butt ran out of room inside my shed so I left it outside. That's really all it is. The people that owned the John Deere before me took very good care of it. It had extremely low hours on it. For being in the old as it was.

Good to hear!

@Jeremiah R. Cooper wrote:
@SebastianAlbrecht man that would sound awesome but it's not in my budget. Be sweet if I could do some trading lol. I agree 100% stock metal or exhaust sound like garbage.

I made my Glasspack at my own outta a junk fire extinguisher and a junk car muffler...

Glasspack How-To

(go on page 8 there's a good documentation on how to make the bes sounding muffler ever)
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 4:08 am

Back to top Go down
Offroad MudMowers
Apprentice
Apprentice
Offroad MudMowers

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 2:47 am

Wow! The sludge in that bowl.
Back to top Go down
https://offroadmudmowers.wixsite.com/offroadmudmowers
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:55 am

@Offroad MudMowers I was blown away.
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:14 pm

I made a video finally.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 pm

That's a really good entry vid!!! I like your Plans!
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:09 pm

@SebastianAlbrecht Thank you sir. Means a lot.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 345

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:13 pm

Hey, if you are going to have a General Lee theme tractor.... you need what I put on Kal....

Jump in my video to 8:00

HAHA......

Li'l Red Murray
Assistant Head Forum Admin ~ Chat Admin ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Admins: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Mods: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:48 pm

@MightyRaze I know exactly what you're talkin about. I bought two of them down in Nashville at their store / museum. Ones going on my 84 lifted Chevy and the other is going on General Lee. I didn't mention it in the video because it's a surprise but to be honest I completely forgot about it until after I filmed lol.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 345

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 am

Sorry I spoiled your surprise...   jocolor

Li'l Red Murray
Assistant Head Forum Admin ~ Chat Admin ~ Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page
How To Upload Pictures
ATLTF Staff:
Admins: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Mods: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
http://mightyraze.com
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 12:21 am

@MightyRaze all good. I've had both of them store in the box for a couple years now. I want to get one of them old fashioned ooga horns from harbor freight and put it on Godzilla. Actually if I remember correctly I said I was going to install Dixie horn on General Lee on my first post.
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah R. Cooper
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jeremiah R. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 10:12 am

I managed to disassemble the front axle to see if it's worth saving. It definitely has so rusting problems. The pivot bushings and pivot pin was seized up. The spindle bushings was seized up also. WD-40 and heat/quench wasn't helping. The grease fittings was snapped off and stuck in side. Jason Kahler gave me some advice and we got it out. The only problem now is that is the the hole it now 1/4" so I have to bump the new fitting size up to 5/16". I decided to rebuild that axle. The only problem I have is I need 4) new spindle bushings, 2) new pivot bushings, and 2) new grease fittings. The old style spindle bushings on this axle is keyed. I can't find any on the internet like that so I hope that the new style bushing will work. Also the outside diameter of the pivot bushing and spindel bushing is not the same but they are both 3/4 inside diameter.Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Img_2030
Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Img_2031
Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Img_2029
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2019 10:25 am

U could easily machine yourself some outta brass....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]   Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeremiah's General Lee Mud-Terrain Tractor [2019 Build-Off Entry]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next