All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Vintage Dynamark identification help

Go down 
+3
AllisKidD21
Double W Cross Ranch
Rerun
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rerun
Rerun

dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2019, 7:14 pm

Hoping someone can help me find what year this was made and maybe some info on it. I’ve researched and found nothing on this model. This is what I know... the person I bought it from says it came with their house and was in the corner of the garage untouched since 1983. They never used it or messed with it so don’t know how long it actually sat. Looks to be hardly used and can tell it’s not been in the weather. Has a Briggs 5 hp and a peerless 3 speed chain driven to the axle. 32” deck with 2 blades and a rear discharge. Has direct steering with solid front tires. Here is a few pics...if they uploaded correctly. I’ll post more pics of the model numbers of unit and engine in next post. Thanks.

dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Bd7cc710
dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help 4c1e9a10
dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help 706da910
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2019, 7:18 pm

Nice! That thing is practically pristine! I'd resto it and sell it.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Rerun
Rerun

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2019, 8:03 pm

Double W Cross Ranch wrote:
Nice!  That thing is practically pristine!  I'd resto it and sell it.

I was thinking on doing just that.....finding parts may be a problem. Only thing I seen missing was a front wheel hub cap. Here are some pics of the model numbers.

dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help 540e3210
dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help 19215c10
dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help 87fd2710
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts!
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
1st Place Build-Off 2019
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2019

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2019, 8:50 pm

Man that thing is cleeeeeeeean! I bet it hardly has any hours on it!

Interesting that it has the 3-speed Peerless 700, don't see those as often. Also, by the numbers on the engine it's a 1982 model, so that could very well be the age of the tractor as well.

"This'll either wake you up or put you to sleep forever!"- Red Green         "Whatever you do you should do right, even if it's something wrong." - Hank Hill

- MTD Off-Road Build
      - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
      - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - Sears LT11 Rat Rod Build *2019 Build-Off Winner!*

Garden Tractor Collection: Allis B-110 x2, 710, 716, & 410 - Wheel Horse 655, 953 & 500 Special - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic, G10 & 1668 Diesel Swapped - Cub 106, 124 & 1000/149 Frankentractor - Ford 120, LGT 125 & 145 - White 1650 Yard Boss - Moto Mower 710-100
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Rerun

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2019, 9:12 pm

Thanks for the info. engine being a 82 would make the guys story pretty accurate. It probably had one season if that on it the parked for 35 years. Engine doesn’t look like it was ever opened up or removed. Original tires and belts that still look near new and no rust or wear on bottom of the deck. I got it running this evening but need carb work...runs only on starting fluid. Hope I can find a carb kit for this....will check Monday.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2019, 9:56 pm

Oh c'mon, you can just right to that PO box to get the replacement parts!! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
Rerun
Rerun

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2019, 2:20 pm

Lol I just might do that
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2019, 8:04 pm

Nice rider there. And Welcome to the forum. Looks like an off brand of a Toro rear engine rider, or a Craftsman rear engine rider. If you can't find any info on the riding mower tag, The next step would be to look on the individual part that needs work done to it. You mentioned you need a carb rebuild kit, then use the numbers on the engine to get the carb kit. But I bet if you take apart the carb to clean it, I bet you would be able to reuse the gaskets and clean out the screens on the pickups. Usually how it goes. Or, that motor looks like a push mower engine fitted to that rider, probably got a general rebuild kit hanging on a shelf somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2019, 9:01 pm

That thing is awesome! I don't even think it needs to be restored. Probably just some new gas and as you say a carb cleaning and then in a museum LOL! I'll bet that thing'll make the yard look like a golf course!
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Rerun

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2019, 9:42 pm

Think I will take the carb apart and see how the gaskets look. I just assumed they are bad from setting up these years. However the tank was dry and carb looks clean from the outside and it probably never seen ethanol fuel they may be ok. Dying to see how this thing runs and cuts but does need to be just parked and appreciated. I’ve attached a pic below of the steering setup....such a simple idea they used. The steering column is 1 solid piece that has a offset bend in it that runs through hole in a cross bar to the spindles. The hole looks like a definite point for wear. Machine is really a budget build and wouldn’t last long if used a lot.

dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help 169aff10
Back to top Go down
Tony

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2022, 11:10 pm

i have the same dynomark tractor. somebody was throwing it out in trash. they told me it has not ran in 4 years. took it home cleaned up and BAM. only issue is it dies when i engage the blades. i dont believe its compression problem. there is red wire not connected but not sure wher it goes. can u post a close up of rear right side of motor opposite of air cleaner. mine might be a year or two off ,going to check codes.       thank you
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2022, 7:59 pm

Be prepared that the original poster may not respond, he hasn't logged on since early 2020...

I did a quick bit of research and chances are excellent it was made by AMF as seen here
http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/002/9/3/2932-amf-1294.html

Based on this thread his engine was built in early 1982 so it was probably a 1982 model.

Is the red wire fully disconnected on both ends or are you able to trace it at least one way? If the governor is stuck the motor can't compensate for the extra load the blades would add. Have you checked the cutting deck to ensure it spins freely and if there is a pulley brake for it is it disengaging? When you goose the throttle from idle to full does it cut out/stall or rev up and go?

Just trying to help a fella!

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
Rerun
Rerun

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2022, 9:25 pm

I got a email on this post…been awhile since I been on here. I wrecked the mower in my avatar pic and broke my wrist and arm and sorta hated the site of a mower for awhile lol. Anyway I’ll look at my mower in the morning and let you know. I think it was a safety switch wire that ran to the seat but not positive. You can bypass all the safety switches by unplugging the black wire to the coil for testing purposes.
Back to top Go down
Tony

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2022, 12:04 am

@Rerun sorry about your arm.what a coincidence,im in a cast now.went over handlebars on 10 speed. i thi nk mines a year or two off but basicly the same. not quite as pristine as yours but mines not bad. no rust thru but some slight surface. going to storage garage tomorrow and hopefully solve issue. i dont believe ihave wires running to seat. thanks for input will up date. tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Dynamark identification help   dynamark - Vintage Dynamark identification help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Dynamark identification help
Page 1 of 1