All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Snapper High Lift

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheesedawg82

Snapper High Lift  Empty
PostSubject: Snapper High Lift    Snapper High Lift  Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2019, 12:33 pm

I've seem this on Facebook Marketplace for a while, and the 30" deck on my current Jacobsen Homelite rear engine rider is kinda tight maneuver around in the garden, plus the 10 hp Briggs flathead threw a rod at the end of last season, and it's peerless 700 5 speed and chain driven axle might inspire another thread...

The price was right, so I've now got myself a genuine 1986 Snapper Hi Lift with a teeny tiny 28" deck and an 8 horse Briggs. The starter doesn't start it but the rope does a fine job. The motor is surprisingly quiet, purrs like a kitten, particularly because the throttle cable or Governor is way out of adjustment, and it won't do much over high idle. The PTO engagement lever pops out when you hit a good bump, too. Seems the plate is worn, should be able to build that up with weld and grind it smooth again fairly quickly.

I'm really excited to add this machine to the fleet, taking lawn mowing responsibilities away from the other tractors completely. Plus I've wanted an old school Snapper for years just because. I'd love to add a bagger, if you've got the right one and want to do some trading, holler. Looking for any tips and tricks you may have.

Snapper High Lift  20190411
Snapper High Lift  20190410

Back to top Go down
CosmicArkie

Snapper High Lift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snapper High Lift    Snapper High Lift  Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2019, 4:28 pm

Is there an oppy twin in its future?? cheers
Back to top Go down
Cheesedawg82

Snapper High Lift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snapper High Lift    Snapper High Lift  Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2019, 4:44 pm

Idk, it's an aluminum 8 hp Briggs, and it's about to get a 10 hp carb and governor. Most likely engine swap would be a 12.5 Kohler Command, and only because I have one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snapper High Lift  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snapper High Lift    Snapper High Lift  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snapper High Lift
Page 1 of 1