All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Roper Transmission Oil

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh4722

Roper Transmission Oil Empty
PostSubject: Roper Transmission Oil   Roper Transmission Oil Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Im fairly new here but i have an old roper rt13 that im working on and i was wondering how to check the transmission oil? Ive found the fill plug on the left side but i have no idea how i check the oil. Thanks
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Roper Transmission Oil   Roper Transmission Oil Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 8:47 pm

I'm guessing a 633a with high and low.  There isn't a good way to check the oil. Just change it. 5 qts of sae-30 oil non-detergent.

Welcome to ATLTF!

Roper Transmission Oil Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Roper Transmission Oil Sig214Roper Transmission Oil Sig314
Back to top Go down
Josh4722

PostSubject: Re: Roper Transmission Oil   Roper Transmission Oil Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 8:50 pm

Thanks, a guy said earlier just to fill it to the top but im not sure thats right, i thought id check here haha
Back to top Go down
A SIMPLE PLAN

PostSubject: Re: Roper Transmission Oil   Roper Transmission Oil Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 12:12 am

i thought that it was 2 qts but mine may be different... it was empty it is 3 speed with high/low that was dry dry dry. took it apart... seemed ok. the needle bearings that the shafts ride on where stuck. WD 40 loosened them up. i used a blend of motor oil/gear oil and STP oil treatment for all the years it was ran dry. amazing how ppl can SEE the little 1/2" NPT 90* elbow sticking up with plug in it and NOT REALIZE... IT TAKES OIL IN THERE... ANY OIL is better than NO OIL. if overfill it... it will just leak out the axle shafts out of generic 44mm 25mm (1") x 7 double lip sea... indicating it needs a new seal that is why the gear oil/STP oil treatment in the transaxle so it lasts a good long time.

i write on the thing... CHANGE Transmission oil every 2 years of 100 hours HERE!!!! with arrow pointing to the 90* elbow facing UP... i put a 6" nipple in it, cocked it bck and put a 1/2" collar for the funnel to fill the final drive on the what cld be a nice machine that will last many more years... with FRESH motor/gear /STP oil in the transaxle l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roper Transmission Oil   Roper Transmission Oil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roper Transmission Oil
Page 1 of 1