All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Front ATV rack?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Front - Front ATV rack? Empty
PostSubject: Front ATV rack?   Front - Front ATV rack? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 11:48 pm

I know most all the racks I've seen are on the back. What about a small rack on the front, built into a bumper and brush guard? I don't suppose anyone has done something similar?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

PostSubject: Re: Front ATV rack?   Front - Front ATV rack? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2011, 11:58 pm

Jamus wrote:
I know most all the racks I've seen are on the back. What about a small rack on the front, built into a bumper and brush guard? I don't suppose anyone has done something similar?
I've been thinking about building something like this too but not sure if it would look good
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: Front ATV rack?   Front - Front ATV rack? Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2011, 12:43 am

Sometimes I strap a spare tire + pump on top of my hood, I have a socket set+basic tools strapped under my hood for emergency.... But as for a rack, for me it would be an obstruction.....
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Front ATV rack?   Front - Front ATV rack? Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2011, 10:36 am

I wasn't thinking of a very large rack, just big enough to hols a 1 gal gas can and a small ammo box for tools. It would be about level with the hood top with the stuff in it. Might even add a hoop up above the top of the hood, so if I roled it, the hood sheetmetal wouldn't get crushed.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Front ATV rack?   Front - Front ATV rack? Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2011, 5:33 pm

Id so some sort of mock up first out of like wood/cardbord and see if youll actually like it.

You could make it look cool- do some sort of exoskeleton with steel tubing around the hood - ever watch powerblock on fox? They did this suzuki samuari with a complete exoskeleton of steel tubing on the 4x4 section- pretty cool looking.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Front ATV rack?   Front - Front ATV rack? Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2011, 9:13 pm

Yeah, I've seen lots of exo cages, got about 70% finished with one before scrapping the project. I don't really care what it looks like on a mower that much though. I like the cardboard mockup idea though, see if it clears everything and doesn't block your vision.
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: Front ATV rack?   Front - Front ATV rack? Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2011, 10:16 pm

I would think you probably wouldn't want to put any big objects on the rack that would possibly block air flow to your engine. just a thought. it would be worth trying tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front ATV rack?   Front - Front ATV rack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front ATV rack?
Page 1 of 1