All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

The LUV-bug is in the house(garage)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Empty
PostSubject: The LUV-bug is in the house(garage)   The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2022, 3:19 pm

Did a little work on this today, stripping the paint and rust off the bigger front rims YUCK.
Gonna mount up these tires.
The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Luvbug10
The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Luvbug12
I'm putting the tiny lug tires on it all the way around and the stock front rims were to small so I cleaned and painted some rims up and I also have real bearings for the front wheels.
The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Luvbug11

This thing is small it takes up the same space as a push mower with the handle out and has the cool little storage bed on the back, forward-neutral-reverse lever and a foot vari-drive control.
The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Luvbug13

I still have to change all four belts on it as well as do some maintenance on it and find a bigger box for the bed area but then it should be ready for my wife to drive around and pick up sticks, trash and rocks with it.

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The LUV-bug is in the house(garage)   The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2022, 6:23 pm

FINALLY I made time for this and got the tough work done on it and just have to power wash it then wire wheel it a little and smear some rustoleum on a few places and finish putting the covers on when dry.

We are going to find a larger tote for the back so my wife can haul more in it.

The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Luvbug14
The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Luvbug15

This tiny little mower has two drive belts and two deck belts, there is no throttle per say just start it up and mash down on the drive pedal which is really just a foot operated VARI-DRIVE.
I mowed the back yard here and it mows but with just the one 24" blade it takes a bit more time.

It does turn rather tight and is very maneuverable and the new treads keep it moving along.

It is done enough to take up north to the other house and get it out of my way down here, only one more left to fix and take up north and the garage here will be somewhat open.

The sears version of these was recalled after a year because of some stupid little problem - Under certain operating conditions, the vehicle's transmission may fail causing a loss of drive and brake ability, pppffff   sounds like a fun way to end a boring mowing run.

pssst: side note, AI can't believe I actually got all the tires on the right way.

Brianator and TechnoChicken like this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The LUV-bug is in the house(garage)   The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2022, 8:18 pm

That is such a neat little machine, I've never seen one like it before! Congrats on the tires, there's nothing worse than having to do it thrice right! Lol. The smaller tires are the more difficult they are to mount/dismount that's for sure!

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
FatMike
FatMike

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: The LUV-bug is in the house(garage)   The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2022, 5:32 am

They are somewhat unique machines the back area is a bagger as well and we have the bag just not the chute that goes from the deck to the bottom of the frame but we'll never use it for bagging leaves it's just way to small for that.

You wouldn't think the smaller tires would be difficult to mount but they are, getting the tire bead down into the rim far enough to pull the rest of the bead over is a bit tough and then the tire just likes to spin around the rim.

I do have the little tire mounting / dismounting tool which made it easier though but because I had the tool clamped in the vise it pretty much put the bead breaker bars right at head level and I knew if I wasn't careful I'd have a few more lumps on the ole noodlenoggin.
The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Hf_tin10
This harbor freight picture is funny because I have no idea what they are doing to this solid rubber tire but the tool itself works well enough.

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The LUV-bug is in the house(garage)   The LUV-bug is in the house(garage) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The LUV-bug is in the house(garage)
Page 1 of 1