All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

front bushings for my toy I mean troy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Empty
PostSubject: front bushings for my toy I mean troy   front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2023, 11:40 am

I need all new bushings in the front end........while I was looking around I came upon a set of bearings  [Poor Man's Power Steering] and i bought them. ..couldn't resist ....did I waste 23 bucks???

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: front bushings for my toy I mean troy   front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2023, 12:27 pm

The needle thrust bearing/washer mod apparently works pretty well and can also be used on the steering shaft from what I know.

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: front bushings for my toy I mean troy   front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2023, 1:10 pm

thats good!!! I'll have to look and see if that kit has one for the steering shaft.......Im waiting for the brass bushing on the bottom end, so it is already apart
 thanks a lot...........man I hate waiting for parts....... front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy 1f627

Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: front bushings for my toy I mean troy   front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2023, 4:33 pm

I got the wheel bearings today........shaft size good... .........the hub hole is 1 inch on the troybilt, the outside diameter of the bearings is almost 1 1/2.........another rookie mistake...... front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy 1f615
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: front bushings for my toy I mean troy   front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2023, 8:30 pm

Oh dear... do the original bushings happen to be plastic on 5/8" spindles? I was having a bear of a time trying to find some too and was going to end up making my own from bronze bushings.

Standard wheels have a 1-3/8" bore and they are available in 6" wheels but can be tricky to find (for me anyways). I know what you're going through and it's frustrating.

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~

Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: front bushings for my toy I mean troy   front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2023, 10:49 pm

Brass is much better than the plastic.....my toy machine had one plastic with grease zerk and the other side had a piece of plastic tubing, I emailed the seller and suggested that he put some measurements in  his add, so people [who aren't mower experts] can understand it better..........I can't blame anybody but myself.....I went ahead and machined a piece of pipe all the way thru the hubs, I'll just have to take them off and give a shot of grease every now and then.....unless i can find some bearings for those wheels........or some wheels with bigger hubs..........the only thing i DO HAVE is four new chinese  bearings Smile Smile

I ordered the belts from jack today........I hope I have better luck with them......

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: front bushings for my toy I mean troy   front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2023, 8:24 am

I found a piece of schedule 40 pipe that is and exact fit for these bearings, I'm in the process of making slip over existing  hubs with the pipe and welding them to the wheel.....I can get them all set up and tack in place then pull the wheel and the bearing for welding........I am waiting for parts so I need to keep busy  Very Happy ...............It looks like it can work so far.......

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front bushings for my toy I mean troy   front - front bushings for my toy I mean troy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

front bushings for my toy I mean troy
Page 1 of 1