All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

removing pto clutch pulley and running mower

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

mower - removing pto clutch pulley and running mower Empty
PostSubject: removing pto clutch pulley and running mower   mower - removing pto clutch pulley and running mower Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2023, 11:46 pm

If i take the pto pulley off when i remove the deck, do i need to make a spacer for the shaft up to the drive pulley and tighten the shaft bolt to the spacer??

sounds like a dumb question...but I've seen a few of these drive pulleys being destroyed trying to get them to come off the shaft on a few u tube vids.

I am planning on using my blade quite a bit for  stuff besides pushing snow and I would feel better if it was on my bench instead of getting beat up under the deck.......
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: removing pto clutch pulley and running mower   mower - removing pto clutch pulley and running mower Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2023, 8:40 pm

If the pto pulley in question is an electric clutch then chances are good you will indeed need a spacer of sorts, you might even be able to get away with a stack of washers large enough to go over the shaft.

Pictures are always super helpful to really see what's up.

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~
Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: removing pto clutch pulley and running mower   mower - removing pto clutch pulley and running mower Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2023, 8:56 pm

thanks Brian, I went ahead and found a shorter bolt and ended up using one of my 1/2 in. drive sockets.....it worked great...........now my pto clutch can rest for the winter....while i push snow.........

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removing pto clutch pulley and running mower   mower - removing pto clutch pulley and running mower Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

removing pto clutch pulley and running mower
Page 1 of 1