All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?

Go down 
+8
canadianromper
arild365
Ford Boi
CraftsMAN
dangeroustoys56
Chunk
Jamus
biscuit
12 posters
AuthorMessage
biscuit
biscuit

Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 2:35 pm

Anyone ever use their rigs to go ice fishing? Later tomorrow I will post a pic or 2 of my new set-up.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 2:42 pm

Doesn't get cold enough for that here. I'm all for the homemade tractor attachments though, bring on the pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 4:58 pm

I would if I had a place with fish nearby. It's definatly cold enough, working on my brothers car earlier tongiht at -9C affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2010, 7:53 pm

Ive driven my snowmobile over a frozen lake- its totally weird seeing a shack and couple cars out on the lake. There were a few open spots- specially near the edge of the lake.
Back to top Go down
biscuit
biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 12:20 pm

well seein as how there won't be any mud to be had for a few months, i am focusing on the ice fishing set up. i got this cool military type sled from a buddy of mine. he got it at a swap meet. gave it to me for helpin him build a chicken coop and pick up a shed and deliver it from an hr away.
i am gonna sand it down and paint it o.d. green and put some white numbers on it. i am goin to see my daughter today, if she is ok with it, i am gonna give the "MISTRESS" a new paint job. my daughter is 15 now and is definately a chip off the ole block. she likes military stuff, too.

[img]Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Sled_110[/img]

[img]Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Sled210[/img]
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 6:06 am

That's a cool sled!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2010, 1:15 am

sweet.... You should take some drums and turn the mower in to a boat.. I was going to do it but have not got around to it yet..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
biscuit
biscuit

PostSubject: anyone use their rig for ice fishin?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 5:40 pm

I am setting my Murray up to use as an ice fishing buggy. I am doing the pulley swap. Put a quick return throttle on the steering wheel. Velocity stack. Custom exhaust.

My question is how it will handle on the ice. Anyone do this?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: anyone use their rig for ice fishin?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 6:18 pm

Never drove mine on the lake. we usually dont get that cold long enough to ice fish. I have drove my 4wlr on the lake a few times, but try to stay in the shallow spots. I have busted through a few times, glad I wasnt in the deep stuff. I would run chains or studs on the front and back, especially if you do a speed upgrade. going fast wount do you much good if you cant steer. i have seen mowers with skis on the front, dont think i have ever seen one with skates, but it should work
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 6:46 pm

The odd year we get enough ice on the lakes I always take my racers out for a run. Its fun because you can go as fast as you want and not really worry about handling, because you can't really steer anyways lol... its not too bad if you are used to driving on ice though. But I usually only venture out if I've seen ATVs or vehicles out there to prove the ice is solid.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 8:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365?feature=mhee#p/search/0/Zwi5RU8BDBQ

buddy and i rode our tractors on our lake last year and they worked great! Just make sure your tractor isnt too heavy or itll fall threw, I think itll work great if you stud they tires and shit. good luck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2011, 6:14 pm

never even got a chance to take mine out on the ice this year hopefully i get a chance to. it will be a blast
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Mark288

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2013, 10:08 am

I always pull my ice fishin stuff with my black tractor down to the lake. U really need locked tranny tho otherwise you wont get going on bare ice.
Back to top Go down
dked41
dked41

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2013, 11:56 am

We get enough ice to drive trucks on, the hardest part with the tractor is deeper snow. When the front tires start pushing snow, traction is an issue. Chains help but don't always do the trick. I use mine all the time, sure beats walking. I have a sled style portable shack that I tow, 2 buckets for minnows and rods/ tipups sit on the front bumper with a bungy to hold them to the grill. My truck is 2 wheel drive and the tractor gets around better than the truck, so now I don't even take the truck on the lake anymore.
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2013, 12:51 pm

i always wanted to do a little bit of "ice road truckers" with my mower, fill a trailer with concrete/cinder blocks and have at it and try not to fall thru the ice. im sure it would be fun, but the coldest it ever gets downhere is like 20* f, even though its below freezing, it never stays cold long enough
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2013, 2:58 pm

I dont go ice fishing but there is a pond about 5 miles from my house. I though about partially studding a pair of tires and going wild on it, because people do fish on it and they plow the ice usually.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?   Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone use their rig for ice fishing?
Page 1 of 1