All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How do I change the front pulley?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

pulley - How do I change the front pulley? Empty
PostSubject: How do I change the front pulley?   pulley - How do I change the front pulley? Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 8:08 pm

Ok so mods I have done
New belt
Rear pulley 3-1/2
front stock
Cable to the carb governor
Packed the rearend full of grease and 30 weight oil.
Hogged out rear wheel wells so I could JUST fit 20x10x8. Instead of the 18x9.5x8 tires.

How the heck do I change the front pulley? as it is one with mower deck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

pulley - How do I change the front pulley? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I change the front pulley?   pulley - How do I change the front pulley? Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 9:23 pm

i usually just say screw the deck pulley and go to a tractor supply or hardware store and buy a pulley with the same shaft size and the size diameter i want. If you want your mower less prone to rolling i would weld or bolt the front end solid so it can't pivot there are some advantages to disadvantages but it works well for me. Tighter clutch spring or fab up a new clutch setup like fearless did or see if the belt is too big
Back to top Go down

How do I change the front pulley?
Page 1 of 1