All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

 

 84 murray mudding project

Go down 
+9
THE MTD GUY
alborn401
dangeroustoys56
Doug
CornishMorgan
truckin42
TheRainbowBoxer
WellThatsSurprising
Mark288
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joshualee3d
New Member

New Member


Join date : 2013-02-15
Posts : 23

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 7:55 am

[quote="Mark288"]Well i bought a welder last weekend...after a few practice welds i went to work. I welded the extended spindles on and put the big wheels on the front i also did a straight pipe out of 1" gas pipe. Heres a pic of it so far

Looks great! This might be a weird question but what welder did you get? I'm looking to get one this weekend so I can get some of this stuff done I'm just not sure what to get.
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Welder   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 8:39 am

[quote="joshualee3d"]
Mark288 wrote:
Well i bought a welder last weekend...after a few practice welds i went to work. I welded the extended spindles on and put the big wheels on the front i also did a straight pipe out of 1" gas pipe. Heres a pic of it so far

Looks great! This might be a weird question but what welder did you get? I'm looking to get one this weekend so I can get some of this stuff done I'm just not sure what to get.

I just bought a cheap welder from harbor freight. Its a 90 amp flux core welder made by chicago electric. I paid 100$ for the welder and got a 2 year warranty with it. Very easy to learn on it and you dont need gas with a flux core
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2012-10-04
Points : 5236
Posts : 1070

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 9:07 am

Yeah i bought the same welder about 2 months ago and it works great welds everything i need it to.
Back to top Go down
joshualee3d
New Member
joshualee3d
New Member


Join date : 2013-02-15
Points : 4063
Posts : 23
Location : centerville,IN

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 2:36 pm

Awesome! That's the welder I was looking at getting. I just could'nt see paying $300-$400 on a Hobart or Lincoln if a $100 welder would do the same! Thanks for the info. Harbor freight is having there "parking lot" sale this weekend and they have that welder for $80!
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Moderator
Chopperhed
Moderator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Age : 57
Join date : 2012-10-14
Points : 4987
Posts : 801
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Eh!

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 3:31 pm

I have one of those. I hope they've improved since I got mine. The one I have was the only 1 I could find on two pallets full that was actually functional.


To this day it still doesn't work right.

I'm planning a DC conversion and some wire feeder tweaks to get a steady feed and consistent weld from it.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Tractor Man Jeff
Moderator
Tractor Man Jeff
Moderator


Age : 29
Join date : 2012-06-26
Points : 4746
Posts : 492
Location : Back in the sticks of VA

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 8:58 pm

I use the tried and true Lincoln AC/DC buzz box welder. Has never let me down and welds great. These suckers last forever. I've used an older Miller engine driven stick welder powered by an opposed twin Onan engine and it still worked great.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Moderator
Chopperhed
Moderator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Age : 57
Join date : 2012-10-14
Points : 4987
Posts : 801
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Eh!

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Mar 2013, 9:51 pm

One of my best friends is a certified journeyman red seal welder with B pressure, Mig Tig, Sub arc and Stick rating.

He is qualified to weld anything in Canada, no matter the material.

When I met him he was running a wwII issue welder from a jeep mounted to a V twin briggs.

He built a business as an ironworker and has gone on to be a really good local welding shop.

He's the guy that welded up my bike.

You can never go wrong with good used tried and true equipment.

Even if it costs a few bucks to fix it. It is still good solid equipment.

Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 3:52 pm

Went mudden yesterday. I also welded front and rear ram bars on it. Also added a idler so the thing rips! I had her way in the mud...probably gonna do a snorkel soon. Also gonna do manual choke, throttle pedal.

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Image_zpsf8adbede

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Image_zps5cabad52
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2012-10-04
Points : 5236
Posts : 1070

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013, 6:49 pm

Looks like fun.
I like the front bumper.
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 8:24 am

truckin42 wrote:
Looks like fun.
I like the front bumper.
Yeah thanks im thinkin i need to swap my peerless for my locked foote soon. Got stuck alot!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2012-12-24
Points : 7500
Posts : 3033
Location : Lebanon County, PA

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 8:30 am

Be sure to support that stack before you twist if off.

I like how far that bumper comes out. Weld on an upper section and some expanded for a brush guard and you can mount halogen utility lights behind it.


Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_


Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive




Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013, 9:06 am

Doug Fackler wrote:
Be sure to support that stack before you twist if off.

I like how far that bumper comes out. Weld on an upper section and some expanded for a brush guard and you can mount halogen utility lights behind it.

Once i go back to my moms house ill work on it
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2013, 9:06 am

Well its been a while but i did a bunch of things to it, pics in a bit but heres what i did
5" pulley on front
3" on rear
22x11x8 atv tires on back
New 12hp power built engine
Paint job
Decals
Taped up seat
Locked transmission
"Cab" lights on the hood lol
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2013, 9:09 am

Underneath this is a picture from 2 or 3 days ago nothing has changed. Those tires on the back are from a yamaha tri moto 3 wheeler. 22x11x8


Last edited by Mark288 on Tue 21 May 2013, 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013, 9:05 am

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Image_zps4a2d9fe9
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Member
MowBandit
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-03-15
Points : 4482
Posts : 477
Location : Haddock,Georgia

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013, 5:50 pm

very nice man from that pic i can tell you really know how to romp lol
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 25
Join date : 2012-10-04
Points : 5236
Posts : 1070

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 8:11 am

Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Member
MowBandit
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-03-15
Points : 4482
Posts : 477
Location : Haddock,Georgia

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 1:08 pm

what are all those wires for lol?
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 2:53 pm

Jay_Rod wrote:
what are all those wires for lol?

Head lights, and the cab lights on the hood. I hve stock wiring just safety junk is cut
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 2:55 pm

truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Member
MowBandit
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-03-15
Points : 4482
Posts : 477
Location : Haddock,Georgia

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 3:17 pm

Mark288 wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
lol ow did you get it to stick to the glass and not run
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 May 2013, 8:27 am

Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
lol ow did you get it to stick to the glass and not run

Well i taped the rest of the light off, and lightly sanded it and went with light coats of some 96cent cheap black spray paint
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Member
MowBandit
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-03-15
Points : 4482
Posts : 477
Location : Haddock,Georgia

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 May 2013, 1:44 pm

Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
lol ow did you get it to stick to the glass and not run

Well i taped the rest of the light off, and lightly sanded it and went with light coats of some 96cent cheap black spray paint
would of never thought you could sand glass i always thought it would crack or sumthing
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 23 May 2013, 10:52 pm

Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
lol ow did you get it to stick to the glass and not run

Well i taped the rest of the light off, and lightly sanded it and went with light coats of some 96cent cheap black spray paint
would of never thought you could sand glass i always thought it would crack or sumthing

Well this thing is more like plastic than glass headlight lens, haha. I finished my clutch tonite and got a brandnew belt on it should do real good. Brakes are toast idk what to do cuz this tranny (peerless 800) is squealing real bad its wore way out, what would you guys get thats cheap too?
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Member
MowBandit
Member

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Age : 28
Join date : 2013-03-15
Points : 4482
Posts : 477
Location : Haddock,Georgia

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2013, 12:44 am

Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
lol ow did you get it to stick to the glass and not run

Well i taped the rest of the light off, and lightly sanded it and went with light coats of some 96cent cheap black spray paint
would of never thought you could sand glass i always thought it would crack or sumthing

Well this thing is more like plastic than glass headlight lens, haha. I finished my clutch tonite and got a brandnew belt on it should do real good. Brakes are toast idk what to do cuz this tranny (peerless 800) is squealing real bad its wore way out, what would you guys get thats cheap too?
how much are you willing to pay because you can get a peerless 820-037 it has 1" axles so you could get 1" hubs and get some bigger rear tires plus those transaxles are bullet proof or you could go cheaper and get a spicer 4360-149 for under $100 i recomend the 820 because it has bearings insted of bushings like your normal transaxles
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Member
Mark288
Member


Age : 26
Join date : 2013-01-20
Points : 4132
Posts : 48
Location : Southern Wisconsin

84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2013, 12:28 pm

Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Mark288 wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Looks good i like the rear tires.
I also like the stickers that are on the head lights makes it look cool.

Thanks man by the way lol the black on the headlights is actually paint believe it or not lol.
lol ow did you get it to stick to the glass and not run

Well i taped the rest of the light off, and lightly sanded it and went with light coats of some 96cent cheap black spray paint
would of never thought you could sand glass i always thought it would crack or sumthing

Well this thing is more like plastic than glass headlight lens, haha. I finished my clutch tonite and got a brandnew belt on it should do real good. Brakes are toast idk what to do cuz this tranny (peerless 800) is squealing real bad its wore way out, what would you guys get thats cheap too?
how much are you willing to pay because you can get a peerless 820-037 it has 1" axles so you could get 1" hubs and get some bigger rear tires plus those transaxles are bullet proof or you could go cheaper and get a spicer 4360-149 for under $100 i recomend the 820 because it has bearings insted of bushings like your normal transaxles

Well i think i might save for the peerless820. Now with the 1" axles what kind of wheels do i use/where do i get them etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 84 murray mudding project   84 murray mudding project - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
84 murray mudding project
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Extreme Craftsman mudding project!!!!
» Offroad, all terrain, Mudding Murray atv mower."citrus"
» Project: M&M's "military Mud Mowing Murray"
» Murray/ Lawn Machine Project
» Murray Select Racing Mower Project

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road & Rally Tractors-
Jump to: